Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: hate it or not?
hate it? 11 84.62%
like it? 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

eva01 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:15 PM        who hates gamepro?
i have a couple of gamepros and i hate the game players in it because they always dog working designs every time a game comes out that they help make. lunar sssc maybe got a silver, but i think its at least a platinum, and lunar eb i think got a worse one (!) btw i love old school rpgs and thats what working designs is all about. but my inner rage comes out every time i hear gamepro's review of arc the lad collection. they destroyed that game!!!!!
they didnt like it because the first game is a little slow, BUT arc the lad 2 is, in my opinion, the best game on the playstation, or very high up in the top 10, at least. arc the lad 3 and 4 got better reviews because they had better graphics, but less fun, and crappier storylines. who can honestly say that they are a graphics whore, who only likes eye candy? the thing that makes me mad is that gamepro is reviewing a game, compared to today's standards, to a game that was released in japan in 1995. working designs has worked 5 years on that collection only to have a lower than average review (which was NOT a fair review, anyways)
from that moment on, i hated gamepro. now the only reason i might buy one is if it has metal gear solid 3 stuff in it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:18 PM       
I hate game POLLS
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:19 PM       
what EVA01

-willie

Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:24 PM       
its a poll over a gay gaming magazine named gamepro.
hate it? like it?
someone out there knows what im talking about.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:34 PM       
the only people i have ever trusted when it came to video game reviews is the people who post on the i-mock board. Most magazines are too jaded and can be persuaded by companies who place in the ads. I've always been able to trust the people here because they know what they are talking about.

Thats why i love to play 2Xtereme.

SHHH
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:45 PM       
not GMR they totally tore the N-Gage apart and Nokia is their main Finacial backer

Old Feb 19th, 2004, 12:00 AM       
i have gotten to the point where i only use magazines for release dates, some hype, and previews, sometimes. but i usually disagree with all of their reviews of games. a tough review site is gamespot, but i guess it boils down to: i know what i like, and NO ONE is going to tell me otherwise. the only review i should have listened to, was from one of my friends; dont buy zone of the enders, it sucks, and it did. but with great eye candy. has anyone tried zoe 2?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 12:22 AM       
Average is a score of 5.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 12:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva01
i have gotten to the point where i only use magazines for release dates, some hype, and previews, sometimes. but i usually disagree with all of their reviews of games. a tough review site is gamespot, but i guess it boils down to: i know what i like, and NO ONE is going to tell me otherwise. the only review i should have listened to, was from one of my friends; dont buy zone of the enders, it sucks, and it did. but with great eye candy. has anyone tried zoe 2?
i liked zoe1. it was just really short...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 12:59 AM       
gamepro was good, like, ten years ago

then they fired all the good reviewers.

where the fuck is Boss Music
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 01:51 AM       
you could have just POSTED "How does everyone feel about GamePro" and then it wouldnt keep popping up to the top of the page anytime some jackoff feels like voting on it

-willie
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 01:59 AM       
hey im sorry
Slim Goodbody
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 05:18 AM       
Wasn't gamepro turned into gamebuyer?
And wasn't it the one with the "funny" staff. You know, Bill and the gang?
OH GOD
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 05:34 AM       
not YOU, everythingwillsuck, I was talkign to eva01 :/

-willie
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 05:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
Wasn't gamepro turned into gamebuyer?
And wasn't it the one with the "funny" staff. You know, Bill and the gang?
I think that was Ultra Gameplayers.
Slim Goodbody
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:27 AM       
Yeah, that was it. I never have subscribed to any game magazines so I get them mixed up. Maybe I should consider it...

Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
not YOU, everythingwillsuck, I was talkign to eva01 :/

-willie
all "rihgt", i will be not be "makign" any more polls on stuff.
i just wanted to see how many people feel like me.

all rihgt people! you heard the man. no more voting!
OH GOD
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:22 PM       
Hey, guess "what", I misspell things on "purpose", for "comedy purposes"

-willie
Custom User Title
kinot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 05:01 AM       
Shit I got my subscription free from (Yes, I am aware of its shiteness): Gamespy. Six weeks later free Gamepro and still no junk mail

Oh, and this "Lunar SSSC" was originally a Sega-CD game ("Lunar SSS"), remade for the PS1 and with the (If I can remember) original over-world battles mind you! Imagine, having a cliched element in a 2D RPG magically REMOVED in a remake!

edit ps. Didn't noticed it was an old thread

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:20 PM       
i knew it was a remake. im glad that there are no random battles in the psx version. you can avoid wasting time if you dont have any.

Flynn is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 10:57 PM       
I agree with Trigger. Gamepro and other magazines whore themselves to gaming companies. They give favorable ratings to most games in exchange for exclusives and previews on future games. That's why you'll almost never see a game rated as poor unless it's made by an independent company. Why pay for the magazine anyway? There are dozens of websites online that provide honest game reviews for free.

-"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"

-Conan the Barbarian