Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:22 AM        The Legend, Revision 1
I figured it would be best if this got a new thread. That way, you can compare the revision to the old version.

I really want opinions, questions, comments, anything you can throw at me.

The Legend
by James Light

Long ago, Mankind brought upon itself a darkness, which to this day has never fully been undone.

Driven by desires for power, war swept the lands. Men took up arms against one another, drowning the earth in the blood they shed. Kings fed their soldiers to Hell's mouth, determined to increase their wealth and influence in the world. They had been taken; Greed possessing them like the fortunes they so wished to have. Kingdoms fell like the many soldiers who failed to defend them, and the many soldiers who fought to take them. These dark days became known as the Nefas Bellum (Sin War).

The warriors who fought by the orders of their lords became restless with their treatment. They were no longer thought of as human beings. They were no longer thought of as living things. They were expendable resources used to gain power for their selfish masters. And finally, they revolted. Armies had turned on the kingdoms that sent them to die needlessly.

But no man was spared from Greed’s influence. As Kings fell, thrones became empty – Thrones that beckoned to seat new leaders. And soon enough, battles for power ensued once again. Soldiers, who had once fought together, now fought against one another. War raged on, more devastating than ever.

With every man for themselves, men scoured the land for magical artifacts that would aid them in obtaining what they desired. But they were foolish, and did not understand the forces they were toying with. And the result was dreadful; for what was released upon the world was more catastrophic than anything they had unleashed using their blades during these wars.

Mankind finally joined together as one, though the reason was most unfortunate. Now, they fought to save the world from the devastation they brought upon it. But this fight was not one they could win, for the forces against them were overwhelming.

However, all was not lost. The Goddess, Felis, Mother of the Planet, would not allow the world she created to crumble before her eyes. Though weakened due to the planet’s damaged state, She used what strength remained to bestow Her power upon one man. A man, whose spirit was strong enough to be worthy of this gift. A man, who under Felis' influence, would eradicate the threat upon the world.

And in the final battle of the Nefas Bellum, he emerged victorious, and became known as the Knight of Felis. Darkness faded away, and celebration now consumed the wounded planet as it began the long healing process, undoing the damage caused after so many years.

It was then that Felis appeared in an ethereal form – no longer strong enough to take any other appearance. She looked down upon her children with sorrow filling her eyes. And then she spoke:

"You celebrate your salvation, but soon enough, you shall forget what you are even celebrating. You will forget the pain you have brought upon yourself, and the blood forever staining your hands.

"But history will be repeated. Time flows like a river, and you will bring your undoing upon yourself once more. Only this time, I cannot save you, for I have given of myself all I have to give.”

And she was gone.

The words filled many hearts with concern. But true to her prophecy, all was soon forgotten, and life resumed like it once had...

Now, this is nothing more than a fairy tale, read by children. It's warning has been ignored, and Mankind unknowingly sets the Second Coming into motion. Before they know it, our world will once again be brought into Darkness.

Such is The Legend.