Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bod is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM        What to wear
I was at a gig on Sunday with some friends when some pissed up minging bloke was making comments about wanting to do me - or something like that. One mate said "Fucking hell, I'm glad I don't dress like you". I know she meant no harm in it, she never wears a skirt or dress. But despite being in a short skirt I did have thick tights on (it being perishingly cold), a jumper/big coat and big fuck off bike boots. Some make-up and a bit of jewelry. I've had better looking days for sure. Didn't think I was 'asking for it.'

On breakfast news earlier this week was a report - I only caught the headlines - that some think that women who go out scantily clad and get drunk are part responsible if they get raped. This I do not agree with, just as much as if you go out acting like a fool or looking different to others, you don't deserve to get beaten up. There's so much media pressure for women to look good, be skinny and yet don't come across as a whore. All the women in the media who we're meant to aspire to are dressed in the 'asking for it' manner though. It's a bloody thin line - which varies depending on where you are and who you are with.

I'm a single lass, I'd love to be to be in a relationship/kids, but in the meantime do occasionally need sex (well I'd like it a lot but sleeping around is evil apparantly) and I'm not going to get it looking like a dog's slapped arse. There's nothing wrong with wanting sex - I just want to chose the person I have sex with and not have it forced upon me. If I think a bloke is attractively dressed and he's pissed, I don't think he deserves to get raped. So it's bloody unfair.

And I would feel more confident chatting up future Mr Right looking nicer than the cat's puked-up fur ball too.

So what's a girl to wear, taking into account I don't want to look like a boring, trendy, face lost in the crowd or whore begging for rape?
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:40 PM       
Women in loose fitting clothes are targets for rapists because they're easier to hold onto. Rape is usually a premeditated crime, not one of impulse or lust.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:52 PM       
I don't think it's that they had it coming, or that rape is ever okay in a situation, so much as it's less surprising to people.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 07:15 AM       
to say that anyone invites rape through what they wear/do etc is absolutely fucking ludicrous. That survey was really fucking depressing. No one wonder there are so few rape convictions if thats the attitude.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 07:55 AM       
You have to wonder about the people who come up with these results.

apparantly most rapes happen first thing in the morning too, a time when women are less inclined to be dressed provocatively.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 09:42 AM       
Foul temptress!
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 01:41 PM       
Quote:
women who go out scantily clad and get drunk are part responsible if they get raped
Un-fucking-believable! What a bunch of self-righteous cunts. It's like saying that a guy walking around decked out in an Armani suit and wearing a Rolex is partly responsible if he's mugged.

IMO wear whatever makes you comfortable. To me, if a girl is comfortable with how she looks, it totally shows and makes her more attractive, no matter what the outfit. I just don't like when girls act slutty to get attention from guys. Unless it's alone with me if you know what I mean. (IN BED)

Mr. Fugo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM       
Although it should not be necessary to get raped or mugged according to your choice of clothing and looks, that's the way things spin, and one might as well conform to that if you want to be safer.

If you look rich and carry valuable property, I believe you are in most cases preferred to mug, just as pure reason would tell you "I'd rather have the Creme Brulee than that public castration, thank you." If I could choose, I'd rather NOT wear a miniskirt and rolex watches where I to walk down an area where you are likely to get robbed... Though, I am not a girl, and that "rolex" would probable have been bought just up the corner from some guys trenchcoat, so I can do it anyway.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM       
Yeah, & in the middle-east the women have to be covered from head to toe in a black sheet, & if they get raped they have no one to complain to as it's considered their fault. :racism
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida
Rape is usually a premeditated crime, not one of impulse or lust.
Premeditated for what reasons?
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM       
personal and public opinions that hold anyone is asking for something like rape piss me off. the research says rape is an act of violence, not lust. rapists are searching for that power-tripping high, preying on the vulnerable. blaming the victim is stupid and wrong.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat
Premeditated for what reasons?
Typically a display of power.
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 10:57 PM       
Um, "One and Only," if rape isn't primarily about sex, there are a whole lot of penises and vaginas that need explaining here.
Mocker
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 12:57 AM       
What shows more dominance than shoving your cock up a girl's vagina without her will?
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 01:08 AM       
Talking about it on the internet.

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 02:21 AM       
hey gadzooks aren't there some kids you need to steal little debbie snacks from?
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 02:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
What shows more dominance than shoving your cock up a girl's vagina without her will?
Maybe nothing to you, ya creepy creeper.

You use profanity in an awkward, hamfisted manner. "Cock," "vagina"?

You don't need to read Camille Paglia to know that sex and power are two balls in the same sac. You've got the equation mixed up, however. Ask any rapist why they rape and I will gurantee you that themes of power and dominance arise far more seldom than themes of being as horny as a billy goat with three dicks. Power is a means to an end.

Not only are androgens tied to one's sex drive, they are shown to decrease sensitivity to external factors that might dissuade such anti-social behavior, such as concern for the feelings of others or threat of jail time. In an ironic twist of biochemistry, the horniest men are also the ones least likely to care whether you are in the mood.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 05:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida
Ask any rapist...
Of all the rapists I have ever met, not one has publicly discussed their sexual assults beyond "That uppity bitch/cunt/slag has it coming, yeah, she really wants it, the tart/whore/slapper/infidel."
Mocker
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 11:24 AM       
I was just going by what I had heard before.
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 11:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
I was just going by what I had heard before.
Here's hoping you realize just how apt a self-diagnosis that statement is.[/i]