Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 06:37 PM        Basement Jaxx and Siouxsie Sioux - Cish Cash
it's only one song, but a hell of a song, and i thought it deserved it's own thread, especially if you happen to be looking for new music. it's nothing ninjavenom would like (good or bad? you pick), as it's a really frenetic clash of soul/punk/electroclash/garage music with an incredibly driving riff. Siouxsie Sioux is already amazing, but to hear her here is perfect and totally engaging. ever wondering about new music? no matter what you're into, i'd strongly suggest you search this out and download it. i heard it and was completley blown away.

it's a good album overall, but it's for people who like that certain genre. this song is for everyone.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 08:09 PM       
im only downloading it because you like lightning bolt
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 02:03 AM       
well then you'll hate me

it wont sound anything like lightning bolt, it's just fucking great is all...

Divine Idiot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:27 AM       
Hey, hey, hey...

Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting to see a thread dedicated to anything related to Basement Jaxx right off the bat.

But, yeah, between Remedy and Rooty, I preferred the music, overall, from Rooty. Songs like, "Broken Dreams", "Just 1 Kiss", "Where's Your Head At", and "Do Your Thang" made the difference for me. Too bad some of the songs were appropriated for the "Bend it Like Beckham" soundtrack, though. Can't explain myself, but I just didn't think it was right.

Wonder if I'll like Kish Kash. I'd go to the nearest Virgin Mega Store to sample the album at a listening booth, except, with the MTA bus strike and all, traveling there would be kind of a difficult undertaking.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
i think Kish Kash is better than both of their previous albums, beating remedy but just barely. rooty, despite "breakaway," "SFM" and "get me off" had too many weak spots in it for me. Kish Kash, when not being very good, is at the least enjoyable. continuing Prince, outkast, and parliament refrences and influences abound, but this one is more concentrated, better, but with a whole lot of different shit to show you, if you can check it out, do so. but seeing as how this is mockery, complete with a pure loathing for most things techno/electronic/house/general FUN, i thought to do it just for the best friggin song on the album and see what the reaction was.

because so far it is the best song on the album for me. the music, i think is GREAT, and then the vocals come in and i'm STUNNED.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 09:10 AM       
"Too bad some of the songs were appropriated for the "Bend it Like Beckham" soundtrack, though. Can't explain myself, but I just didn't think it was right. "

It's not like it was a bad film. Be happy the songs weren't in Tom Raider 2 instead.