Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:44 PM        my b&g: fear, pain, and (hopefully) good drugs.
at 9 tomorrow morning, i'll be at the oral surgeon's having my wisdom teeth removed. this is what he claimed to be the first step in adjusting-my-bite, which is the first step in fixing-my-tmj. it may help; it may not; but my dentist had already told me i needed to have them removed sometime soon. so three of them have come in, although the roots of one are growing around my jaw bone, and one will need to be cut out.

i get to be put completely under, which is a plus: no pain during the surgery. but i've heard so many horror stories about the days following teeth removal that i'm nervous as hell. i remember bobo ranting about the pain, the pain, the pain. i hate pain.

one good thing is that, since i've been in so much pain with my dislocated jaw and pinched nerves in the surrounding area, i'm more used to being in pain. on the downside, i've been taking lots of prescription pain killers lately: lortab, ultram, codeine. i'm afraid i've built up a tolerance and whatever the doctor gives me for the pain won't help as much as it would've.

also, my mom is taking me since i have to have someone there to drive me home after the surgery. she told me she'd stay with me tomorrow in case i needed anything. (i sent my bowls and bong and weed, etc., home with my friend tonight, so she wouldn't accidentally stumble upon anything she ought not. ) but i'm thinking i may just tell her to take me to her house. then, i won't even be tempted to smoke a cig or anything, which i know will be off-limits for me.

my son's with his dad this week, so i don't have to worry about not being conscious enough to take care of him. so that's good. but i've gotta get him up early in the morning to do his homework since he lost his privileges tonight 'cause his teacher called me this afternoon about his uncontrollable behavior in school today, which ended up leading us to a round of power struggles resulting in his going to bed without dinner after he x'd across his math homework and threw his pencil across the room.

i can't eat or drink anything after midnight, and that includes taking my meds, which scares me 'cause sometimes i wake up in pain with my jaw in the middle of the night. especially when i'm stressing out. and i am indeed stressing out. the surgery. the parenting. the pain.

i need to dive down through the tornado-like swirl and find my peace. deep breath. deep breath. i know it'll all be okay eventually. yah.

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:49 PM       
You do all that and post on this silly little message board, I salute you.

Good luck with the "pulling"
ineffable

Old May 7th, 2003, 10:57 PM       
thanks.

and i think that's probably the most i've ever written in one post here. it's a good thing it's so ingeniously witty and shit.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:04 PM       
We wouldnt expect less from you, Sadie

Anyways, good luck I've had my wisdom teeth pulled, it's not so bad except for the numbness/sopping gauss and inability to eat.

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:07 PM       
It CAN be bad is not always bad, you have heard some bad stories here but the majority of the time it isn't quite that horrible. Just be careful after the surgery about what you eat, no smoking or any type of sucking, straws etc. And NEVER EAT NACHOS. my mom got one lodged in the hole and got a dry socket cuz of it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:28 PM       
I gotta get mine out sometime, once I get insurance again.

I don't expect it to be too bad. I had a gaping hole in the roof of my mouth, covered by a sparse netting of stitches. Having some holes in my gums shouldn't be all that bad. And they shouldn't be that bad for you either.

Might want to buy plenty of ice cream for milkshakes. That's what I lived off of during my various oral surgeries.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:45 PM       
Is that what you call 'em, whore?

Queen Tonya is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:00 AM       
Other than some slight swelling and light bruising on my cheeks, I had no problems after having mine out, either. Hopefully, the drugs will save your butt and you'll be able to report the same.

Good luck!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:53 AM       
I hope things go well, Sadie. I didn't really have any pain after my wisdom teeth were removed either, so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones too!
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:55 AM       
Actually, I wasn't ranting about the pain of getting my wisdom teeth pulled. The horrible pain, pain, pain was due to the several root canals I've had. Getting my wisdom teeth pulled was fun! The nitrous oxide was a blast! I was even worried about getting dry sockets, since about 90 percent of everyone I know said they got dry sockets and the pain was horrible. They say don't smoke for 48 hours after you get them pulled or else you'll develop dry sockets, but I smoked drugs heavily after getting them pulled and diddily shit happened to me. And since I got a crap load of vicodin, getting my wisdom teeth pulled was actually one of the high lights of my life.

That's very sad.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 01:00 AM       
I can realate to that les waste, the vicodin was fucking fun as hell, if you take like 3 1/2 to 4 of those you are fucking HIGH. The nitrous was a blast too.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 05:57 AM       
Good luck Sadie, i'll make you some frownies.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:10 AM       
My brother didn't go to the dentist for years and his teeth went to crap, then he had it all fixed in a number of appointments spread across two weeks. He had his wisdom teeth taken out as well, but it barely hurt afterwards, and he was doing fine one or two days afterwards.
ineffable

Old May 13th, 2003, 02:15 AM       
frownies. yay.

maybe it's the lortab, but i feel like my tongue is completely separated from my body sometimes. all of the sudden i'll realize my tongue's messing with the stitches in my gums. it's like, wtf? i'm wondering... if i start hitting it with a rolled-up newspaper like i do my new puppy (that i'll post pictures of as soon as i have enough money to develop said pictures), will it work any better than it does with said puppy? and of course, if i stick my tongue out far enough to hit it with said newspaper, it'll most likely cause my dislocated jaw to spasm like fuck. maybe that'll teach it.

soooo, i stayed at my parents' house a few days, to assure i wouldn't be tempted to smoke anything. plus, i got to hang out on the recliner watching whatever i wanted on cable. and have anything i wanted to eat served me. ("you want me to go get you a milkshake, sweetie?" YES!) and since i've been home, i've not been doing much more. a dear friend's taken it upon himself to treat me like a queen. (read: i'm getting waaay too fucking spoiled.)

however, i haven't been working 'cause of all this pain and shit. so i came home to find my sweet cable gooooone. i hooked up with a free earthlink deal, but they've only got one damn line in my area, and it's slow as hell.

and now, i'm here, up late, with an actual loaded page at i-mockery.net, trying to enjoy a joint and a cig. and the smoke is making me nauseated. i should quit anyways. i can't afford to smoke. especially cigs.