Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:47 PM        Question of ethics?
I have customer that is this old dude 83 and I've been cutting his grass for around three years. So around a year ago he mentioned that he had a new "girl friend" (he is just joking) and as time went by he said that she is his bank manager and keeps inviting him over to her and the husbands house for dinners. I must spend atleast an hour everytime I go to work for this guy talking and he doesn't have any family left and in the back of my mind this couple that I met once is kinda creepy, should I report this to someone or keep my mouth shut?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:53 PM       
..what the fuck.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:55 PM       
I think you should write the pilot for a television show about a lawnmower man who witnesses crime every week and has his own unique way of setting things right.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
I think you should write the pilot for a television show about a lawnmower man who witnesses crime every week and has his own unique way of setting things right.
maybe I will :/

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:22 PM       
I don't know. Have they done anything that would make you think they are taking advantage of him?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM       
Actually when I wrote this I hoped punkgrrrlie10 would reply One time he mentioned that he had signed some things that he wasn't sure what they where. I like this old guy and I'm sure he is enjoying the companionship of this couple but at what cost? I just keep wondering if she is a bank manager and he does let her handle his assets, can she take possesion of his home or would that fall under unethical practices?

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:45 PM       
depends on what he signed and for what purposes.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:50 PM       
I alway's asume the worst in people so I guess my explanation of the events is so lame that any response will be ala Scooby Doo so I will quit while I'm ahead :/ I still think he's gonna get ripped off and end up in a cardboard casket
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:58 PM       
Everytime you see him you talk to him for about an hour?

Next time he mentions the couple, just be really casual and tell him you hope he's careful, and remind him that he's vulnerable. If he's concerned about papers he might have signed, he can always go and make a subsequent last will with an attorney, and notary. Last signed is usually what sticks. If he put their name on his house, he still explicitly say in his will that wants his assets to go to charity, and spell out that these people are not to be awarded anything. My grandmother figured out one of her daughters wants her house, and is waiting for her to die. She made a will that says "you get this amount in cash, and nothing to do with the house". There's nobody you can talk to on his behalf except for family or an old friend of his, if there are any. It's really typical. You'll see home care nurses suddenly inheriting homes once the senior citizen gets sick, and once they end up in the hospital, they have nowhere to go back to, so they end up in a home...which is like a sentence to death.

It's cool that you care... just remind him to have some common sense, and that nobody should want anything from him except for his companionship... and nobody needs paperwork for that.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM       
Quote:
Next time he mentions the couple, just be really casual and tell him you hope he's careful, and remind him that he's vulnerable. If he's concerned about papers he might have signed
He doesn't seemed concerned at all, mostly resigned to the fact that he doesn't have to deal with his inevitability...kinda sad really.

and thanks for your reply I have a good friend that moved to the States (Adam) and I take care of his ex girlfriends moms house and met Vic the neighbor and became friends and he is a funny old english dude that lost his wife and we talk about engineering and all his ailments but I never ask him for money and when he does force it on me (what he can afford) I take it and appreciate that he is my friend...