Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 07:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Force
I haven't been able to try the Playstation emu yet, as I don't know how to run Castlevania: SotN.
i got SOTN running on mine, all you need is a playstation emu and a couple of bios files (obtainable via bit torrent or any peer to peer program like limewire)

i got conker working on my n64 emulator, but it doest run that great, but then again again, you can buy conker: LAL for pretty cheap these days :P

oh, and ps2 haxxoring is a piece of piss (to get it working at a basic level anyway) all you need is a bit of sticky tape, some tissue paper, a screwdriver and action replay max (with usb memory stick), you can then do swap disc magic easily enough

Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 02:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by juttin
Quote:

I urge everyone to do the same. I would've done it with my slim PS2, but that would've meant taking it apart, voiding the warranty.
Screw the warranty, rip it apart.

I would do that stuff to mine, only, I've never used Linux and don't think I want to start now on a ps2.

Also, it would be harder on account of the no hard drive.

I suppose you could hold it on system memory, though
You don't really have to learn Linux. The Linux OS just makes it possible for the emulators to run, that's all. If I had to learn Linux I wouldn't be doing this shit. :P
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dudefather
Quote:
I haven't been able to try the Playstation emu yet, as I don't know how to run Castlevania: SotN.
i got SOTN running on mine, all you need is a playstation emu and a couple of bios files (obtainable via bit torrent or any peer to peer program like limewire)
You know what they are exactly? And are these bios for the game or just for the system to use? When you got SotN, what files did you have?

Quote:
i got conker working on my n64 emulator, but it doest run that great, but then again again, you can buy conker: LAL for pretty cheap these days :P
I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Quote:
oh, and ps2 haxxoring is a piece of piss (to get it working at a basic level anyway) all you need is a bit of sticky tape, some tissue paper, a screwdriver and action replay max (with usb memory stick), you can then do swap disc magic easily enough
Yeah, I'd rather do it on the XBOX now though. It can store a lot more. If I get some kind of wireless router I think I can store it all on my computer and upload it to the XBOX without the need of burning CDs. I could be wrong though.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 04:46 PM       
lessie.... got pcsx as an emulator, bought SOTN about 2000/2001 (think its a non-platinum version), using the SCPH1001.bin bios file for the emulator and i made my own image from a ntsc copy

Let's play Hardball!
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM       
Ohhhhh, so you actually bought a copy. I just d/loaded the files off a torrent.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM       
yeah actualy bought it after playing castlevania: circle of the moon for gba, and so went ebay scouring, managed to get a NTSC reasonably cheaply, as pal versions seemed to cost more.

Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 06:18 PM       
Oh yeah...I forgot about jump drives......
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 06:53 PM       
SOTN runs like trash on PC emu. Don't bother with the xbox emu.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM       
I don't have a PS emu on mine, but my Surreal 64 sucks.
It's buggy as hell on the X-Box and all I've got is Zelda: Ocarina and Yoshi's Story. I also have Mario Party and SSB, but Mario Party really isn't worth mentioning. I need more ROMS. Need another ethernet cable.

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:11 AM       
Dont mind my retardedness, but what in the hell is going on!?

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:30 AM       
Emulators and roms on the X-Box, now go off and play.
This is big people talk.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:42 AM       
I am jealous of dracula x.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:59 AM       
Quote:
If I get some kind of wireless router I think I can store it all on my computer and upload it to the XBOX without the need of burning CDs. I could be wrong though.
how do I do this?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 02:54 AM       
Well I have no idea.
I bought mine on the Korean Black Market, (Yes, I did), so they installed a new hard-drive with a nifty switch on the side that let's me switch between regular X-Box and Modded Box. I can rip Cds, DVDs, games, anything on a disc. It has emulators, programs, web access (although I don't use it.), and all sorts of other nifty trinkets. I'll post pics later if you want. But if you want to go the more legal route, follow the Mechassault exploit. It seems to be the proven method.
I am unsure of how on can network a PC and X-Box and I've once read somewhere that it couldn't be done.
If you find out anything interesting about the wireless router, Seven Force, please let us know. I'm very interested.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 02:08 PM       
I've given up all hope of transfering files via routers and IP addresses and am going the slow, but sure route a la CD/R 's. It's just too much of a hassle on my tiny mind. Too many damn numbers and ports and FTP clients and servers, BLECH. Now all I need to do is find the right brand of CD/R that'll run on it.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM       
just got xduke and xshadow, xbox conversions of duke 3d and shadow warrior

hopefuly the y will work ok

Let's play Hardball!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
I am unsure of how on can network a PC and X-Box and I've once read somewhere that it couldn't be done.
If you find out anything interesting about the wireless router, Seven Force, please let us know. I'm very interested.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/213943

I don't know about a wireless router, but you can route it with a regular router. I only skimmed over it enough to confirm it can as I have to leave for work now, but i'll be able to look through it later.

You guys can look and see if it's right though.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
just got xduke and xshadow, xbox conversions of duke 3d and shadow warrior

hopefuly the y will work ok
Those look awesome. I'll have to get that later. :o
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM       
I already tried that and it fucked up my router and IP address, which is why my internet connection was down for a while last night. I have Zone Alarms Security Suite, (my all-around Pop-up, Virus, Spam, and Spyware blocker), and it tends to panic every time it senses a new setting. So I'm going to go the slow route from now on and use DVD2XBOX and rip files from CD-R's I've burnt.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 04:45 PM       
Ugh, ZoneAlarm was a fuckin' hassle. I got rid of that shit. I back up a lot of stuff anyway so I don't have to worry about losing shit. That and I don't keep sensitive info on my computer.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM       
Zone Alarms is alright for me. I'm not worried about the hassle too much.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM       
Posting from my XBOX!
Let's play Hardball!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 01:26 AM       
Yeah, ok. That was more trouble than it's worth. No keyboard, you see.

But yeah, I didn't want to shell out cash for wireless, so I used a plain router for my XBOX/DSL. The DSL is connected to the router, with my computer and XBOX on the other part of the split. Originally, this was so I can transfer files to and from my XBOX.

BUUUUUUUT, I uploaded DamnSmallLinux as an iso on a DVD. It has a windows-like graphical interface, with some programs in it, including Firefox. I didn't think it'd work, but alas, I had access to the outside.

Also, I have my Playstation emu working. :D
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 05:12 PM       
The next logical step:

This and a WiFi card.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 12:56 AM       
That looks kinda big to be a portable.