Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 02:29 AM        Lucifer Rising by Kenneth Anger
I'm getting a copy of this movie :D it's only worth like 80 bucks or so. I can't wait. Has anybody seen it?
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:46 AM       
I have a copy, as well as several other Anger films, but I have yet to watch it. Maybe I'll watch it today...
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM       
Alright, I watched it. I have no idea what you expect, but it's basically a fairly non-linear film with a hard to explain narrative that really doesn't make any sense anyway. The style, for the most part, is good. The editting and the slow-motion in particular are excellnt, whereas the quality of the costumes, not so much. It's completely humourless, and attempts to create a very dark and mysterious world. The first problem with that is that it's just a bit cheesy in terms of the way the actors look and some of the special effects. The second problem is that the quality of the print wasn't great, and therefore it didn't really have a crisp, dark look. Not sure if it didn't when it came out, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. The film reminded me of a prog rock music video, albeit a fairly good one. Either way, anyone that would pay $80 for the film is insane.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:22 PM       
I thought this film came out on DVD
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:36 PM       
I'm getting it for free, I wouldn't pay that much for a movie :O If my copy is crappy, though, I might bother you for a copy.
I have no idea what to expect, a bunch of people wanted copies so I figured I would get some and trade them for books. The movie was made in like, 1969, or maybe it was 83, can't remember, but either way, the technology wasn't that great back then. Plus we're talking ab out the earlier 70's, and costumes? pfft.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:52 PM       
It's from the early 70s, but that's no excuse. Clockwork Orange is from the early seventies, and still looks cool despite the style it uses. My copy isn't good to make copies, but you don't it anyway.
BANNED

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM       
hmm, it's actually a decent(decent) movie, it's kind of occultish. I'm getting his other movies now. Invokation of my demon brother, scorpio rising, rabbit moon, inaugeration of the pleasure dome.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 09:29 PM       
Yeah, those films are ok. I liked Rabbit's Moon since my brilliant girlfriend explained the Italian theatre it was based on.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:25 PM       
you have a girlfriend?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:47 PM       
He means he has a friend that looks like a girl.

I kid, I kid. Here's how they met: http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.p...r=asc&start=18