Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:40 PM        The Pleasure Of My Own Company by Steve Martin
Read it.

Quote:
From the Publisher

From the bestselling author of Shopgirl comes the tender story of a troubled man who finds love, and life, in the most unexpected place.

Daniel resides in his Santa Monica apartment, living much of his life as a bystander: He watches from his window as the world goes by, and his only relationships seem to be with people who barely know he exists. He passes the time idly filling out contest applications, counting ceiling tiles, and estimating the wattage of light bulbs. It is through Daniel's growing attachment to Clarissa, and to Teddy, that he finally gains the courage to begin to engage the world outside, and in doing so, he discovers love, and life, in the most surprising places.

Filled with his trademark humor, tenderness, and out and out hilarious wordplay, The Pleasure of My Company is a tour de force sure to delight all of Steve Martin's fans.

Wherever you go, there you are.

KellyGayos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 01:09 PM       
no

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 02:11 PM       
Is that how's it's gonna be? After every post KellyChoas makes, this fucknut is just going to say no? What a retard.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd
Is that how's it's gonna be? After every post KellyChoas makes, this fucknut is just going to say no? What a retard.
Fuck you.
Mocker

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 05:09 PM       
Thanks for the bump all. To summarize: The book is basically about an introverted, obsessive-compulsive man as told from his point of view in a "stream of consciousness" type of format. Basically, what moves the book is how he is able to overcome some of his neurotic behavior. I don't know any people of this nature but the self-dialogue seems authentic ... or, at least, how I think it might be. Add to that, the dry whit and observational, nay, philosophical humor of Steve Martin and you have a recipe for sucess novel-wise. It'll make you laugh as well as think and I recommend it.

digitalmoron is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:48 PM       
steve martin is the most annoying unfunny person in the world. i wish he would do us all a favor and get hit my a train...six times over.

klownboy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:58 PM        .
go fuck yourself
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:37 AM       
So who IS funny, digital moron?

-willie
Mocker

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:42 PM       
You have to GET the jokes before you can laugh at 'em, Digi.