Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:14 PM        Postal 2 earns first 'Intense Violence' rating
Quote:
Running With Scissors' controversial action sequel has been rated by the ESRB and is the first game ever to earn an "Intense Violence" label, amongst others.

Whiptail Interactive and developer Running With Scissors have today confirmed that Postal 2 will be the first game in history to be labeled as containing "Intense Violence." Rated M by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, Postal 2 will also carry labels to indicate that it contains mature humor, adult language, use of drugs, and blood and gore.

In Europe, Postal 2 has been given an 18 certificate by the British Board of Film Classification and an 18+ Pan-European Game Indicator rating in all countries covered by the Interactive Software Federation of Europe.

"Postal fans will now be able to experience Postal 2 in its purest form," said Chris Warrender, publishing director at Whiptail Interactive. "As fresh and unadulterated as the day it left the loins of the developers at Running With Scissors."
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/po...s_6024980.html

Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:27 PM       
CHEWBACCA PIMP!!!!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:30 PM       
And we'll be holding a contest on I-Mockery very soon where people can win all sorts of Postal 2 goodies!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:32 PM       
I'm surprised it's going to Europe, what with their history of video game censorship in relation to the Carmageddon series.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 03:09 PM       
Yeah, in the original Unreal Tournament, Germany forced a change of the humans to robots and the blood to oil. 8-)
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 04:07 PM       
The funny thing is, I'll bet you anything the content in the game won't be any worse than some other examples you could site as being worth of such a rating.

From what I heard, Clock Tower 3 has a 15-year-old girl getting brutally killed onscreen. That would seem to me something worthy of this kind of rating (not that I'm complaining). But since I haven't played the game myself, I can't verify what exactly you see.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 04:10 PM       
what about Nocturne? that game had a fucking cheat just to increase the gore to unimaginable levels.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 05:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I'm surprised it's going to Europe, what with their history of video game censorship in relation to the Carmageddon series.
There's not really any encompassing rule system for it in Europe, it's often different per country. Germany has always been extremely strict on their games, I don't think they allow any kind of realistic killing in their games.

Somehow, killing green-blooded zombies just isn't the same
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 06:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Germany has always been extremely strict on their games
Which is ironic, since they're the Nazi and shit-eating fetish capitol of the world.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 10:58 PM       
I am highly impressed, i will buy it as soon as it comes out. anything with intese violence is cool. AS for clock twoer 3, the little girl brutally murdered will probably not be as cool as it sounds
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:59 PM       
is there no multiplayer option? and what's with gary coleman? as long as the 'i regret nothing' option is still available
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 10:46 AM       
Quote:
Yeah totally, FatSatan. There was huge mock-outrage by the tabloids in Britain over Mortal Kombat back in the early ninetes because "OMG!!!! ACTUAL BLOOD!!! Red Stuff! And... YOU CAN TEAR HIS HEART OUT AND SHOW IT TO THE GUY BEFORE HE DIES!!!!

Yawn.

Fuck you Chojin, you Xenophobe. Europe still doesn't eat mud and burn witches, you know.

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 05:02 PM       
Calm down :/

Yeah, the gaem is brutal, but only that. The people didn't realize GTA3/VC was so famous because not ony did it contain lotsa "innappropriate" content, but that that stuff was just the sugar coating to a really deep and fun game. P2 is only good for some kicks and giggles on a rainy day, and even then it gets boring fast.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:51 PM       
Acually, the violence isn't that bad, comparatively. For my money, the Soldier of Fortune series contains the bloodiest games ever made, so far.

As for GTA, that's a completely different game. Just because you can shoot people and do otherwise illegal things in both games doesn't mean that they both fall into the same category.

And anyone who honestly thinks that the guys at RWS were out to make a GTA killer should not be allowed in the gaming forum.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 03:52 AM       
or how about......PHANTASMAGORIA!! The new PC GAMER brought back memories of the scaryness, nudity and rapes.

Never played the sequel.