Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I Love Llamas
MisSFiT is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:18 AM        Canned Hunting
I think this is totally disgusting and inhumane.

http://www.hsus.org/ace/12017

I don't know if this can make a difference, but you should sign this if you believe in animal rights.

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/842248180

+tom- is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:45 AM       
how about we stick all the crazy gun nuts in a enclosure shoot them?
If you want to hunt something, go hunt something, but wheres the "sport" in this? is this even hunting?

+tom- is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:46 AM       
If you want to hunt something, go hunt something, but wheres the "sport" in this? is this even hunting?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 08:05 AM       
Quote:
yeah, why don't you get right on that.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:08 AM       
Who cares?
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:02 PM       
The end result is the same. I don't know why anyone would want to do this, though. You might as well go to the butcher store as this is one step short of having someone kill the animal for you. Lame.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:56 PM       
Although a bunch of old men blasting a side of beef with buckshot would be quite a spectacle...
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:26 PM       
Disgusting? Hardly.

What is disgusting is the growth of the ecoterrorist left and feminazi movement, all of whom consider either 1) men should die, 2) white people should die, or 3) humanity should die.

"Contrary to the ecologists, nature does not stand still and does not maintain the kind of "equilibrium" that guarantees the survival of any particular species - least of all the survival of her greatest and most fragile product: man." - Ayn Rand.

The only thing inhumane about this is that some of you wish to restrict such activities.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:39 PM       
I wanted it limited because it's making toys out of lives. It is just too far from the natural reason for killing other things that I can't even begin to raionalize it, or being to understand people who think it's acceptable (much less actually do it).
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 06:18 PM       
LOL at OAO for trying to derail the thread.
Mocker
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 07:48 PM       
Is it truly life which demands respect for the rights another object? I hold that it is not. It is reason, not life, which grants other things any kind of right.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 08:38 PM       
Ok, then, OAO, what exactly is the reason that these animals do not have the right to live freely and be hunted by something they have learned not to fear?

Imagine this, OAO. You were adopted by a pedophile. However, this pedo has never done anything to you. Then, all of a sudden, you are cornered by one of his NAMBLA buddies in an environment that you cannot get out of. Doesn't that seem just a little unfair?
Mocker
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM       
You missed what I meant by reason, as in the ability to reason.
I Love Llamas
MisSFiT is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:00 PM       
I had no idea things like this were going on untill it was brought to my attention while watching CNN.

Although I don't oppose deer hunting because I know that they are overpopulated in some areas of the country, I find this particular kind of hunting appalling because some of the animals that are being hunted are threatened species such as the Bengal Tiger and Lion.
There is nothing resourceful about that.
They aren't killing these animal for their meat for food, their fur for warmth, their bones for tools.
It's just another pointless act so that insecure old men in diapers can make themselves feel better.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...

What is disgusting is the growth of the ecoterrorist left and feminazi movement,
I can't fucking believe you would actually use those terms. What are you, Rush Limbaugh now?
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:07 AM       
Quote:
Is it truly life which demands respect for the rights another object? I hold that it is not. It is reason, not life, which grants other things any kind of right.
Reason doesn't exist, and rights are a reification- the product of cognitive cheuvanism.

Otherwise, I agree with your premise.

Have you studied Rand? I'm surprised you, as an Objectivist, had nothing to say in the thread on Zerzan.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:57 AM       
Oh, sure, these guys do it, its "hunting".

I do it, its a "shooting spree". What, like these pens are any different from the senior centers I use?
Mocker
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:07 PM       
I'm not an Objectivist, I just like the quote. Rights are simply the result of governmental policy, and nothing else.

You start using those terms when you read about or meet people who fall under them. It's scary sometimes. Occasionally I'm afraid that my genitals are going to be cut off, or perhaps ripped off by those little squirrels... what are they called, red squirrels, maybe it was mountain squirrels?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:13 PM       
What about Kant's "Golden Rule"? Does his morality (of reason) apply here? If not, why not?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:09 PM       
Quote:

You start using those terms when you read about or meet people who fall under them.
Such as moi?
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:

What is disgusting is the growth of the ecoterrorist left and feminazi movement,
I can't fucking believe you would actually use those terms. What are you, Rush Limbaugh now?
No, he's jsut filling the void of stupidity left by Vinth. He is almost as good as Vinth was, but he still has a little way to go. OAO, all you need to do is add a little racism, some bad jokes about someone's mom, and poor sentence structure and you are home free!
Mocker
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:

You start using those terms when you read about or meet people who fall under them.
Such as moi?
More like folks who chain themselves to trees, believe that most of our oxygen is produced by the rainforests, or blare megaphones in your face at McDonalds. Or, women who support superior rights, not equal rights. You know, they want to receive equal pay, but remain immune to the draft and expect men to bestow them with gifts during a relationship... I hate those women; they hide behind their movement.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 08:35 PM       
Well I hate them too, despite the fact that some people tend to throw those terms at feminists and environmentalists who aren't deserving of it.

But what the hell does this have to do with canned hunting?
Mocker
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:55 PM       
I dunno. I think I was ranting.

I don't disapprove of canned hunting. I'm not sure I would enjoy it, but it really isn't much more unfair than regular hunting. Even if it were, I'm not really bothered by the unfairness of hunting anyway.

Look at it in this manner. Canned hunting can actually maintain biodiversity. I'm serious. If commercially-operated hunting ranches are allowed to thrive - and they can use endangered species - they might get a few customers who are looking for a more unique kill. Of course, they have to maintain a supply of these animals as well. Thus, they purchase a few and begin to breed them. The result: biodiversity is being maintained, perhaps even increased, without any regulation or tax-payer funded measures that probably would not work quite as well in the first place (with poaching and all).

As an interim measure, to ensure the set-up of these establishments, tax credits could be provided to entrepeneurs (sic).

As for the rainforests? Simple. Respect the native's property rights. Problem solved, except for the fact that we really don't have that much power over foreign countries. Oh well; it wouldn't really be fair to deny them the ability to abuse their natural resources like all the developed nations have.