Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 11:05 PM       
Ranx, can you give me a link to this declassified document?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 08:45 AM       
Why is it that liberals whine about having "waiting periods" on getting a gun, something that is a plain-as-day right in the Constitution, but whine about ANY waiting period on abortions, which isn't a right in the Constitution at all?
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 09:13 AM       
Background checks, etc. They don't want the gun to go to a crazy psycho.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 10:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by O71394658
Ranx, I never know if you're joking, so I'm not even going to bother with that post. :/

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to posses arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so." -Adolph Hitler 1938

""This year, will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

(although there is some propaganda circling as to doubt Hitler said this- he [i]did[\i] in fact say the first one)
Assuming they're coming from the same person (Hitler), those statements are nonsensical in their contradiction.

If my choices are to either have arms or be ruled by a tyrannical dictator that I have no means to overthrow, take a guess which one I'd choose.

Which leads me to MY point ... what's YOUR point? :/

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 11:01 AM       
The first statement was made in private, either in his journal or to his high command. The seond one was supposedly in a speech to the people.
Mocker

Old Aug 7th, 2003, 11:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
The first statement was made in private, either in his journal or to his high command. The seond one was supposedly in a speech to the people.
Oh. In that context, it makes more sense.

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 11:17 AM       
Northwoods doc links:

referenced via James Bamfords book 'body of secrets':
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...fs_010501.html

more via infowars: http://www.infowars.com/northwoods.htm

has anyone seen the vid 'why we dropped the bomb' ( circa 1987 i believe)
peter jennings brings a lot of historians to bear on pearl and hiroshima.. they don't go as far as others but the consensus there is that we did not leaflet the japs that we were going to drop the bomb.. the reasoning being that the impact of the bomb would not be as great.. the movie historians hint that the bombs were not dropped to stop the japs but more to keep russia in its place.

i also found this timeline of WWII events interesting, but there isnt enough references to make it definitive :/
http://www.blankgen.com/arkansucknew...ad.php?tid=403
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 01:05 PM        Yeah
Quote:
Why is it that liberals whine about having "waiting periods" on getting a gun, something that is a plain-as-day right in the Constitution, but whine about ANY waiting period on abortions, which isn't a right in the Constitution at all?
Why is it that men whine about something they have no possible way of understanding? Once they shoot their wad their work is done. That is assuming you call that work.

You are so big on the constitution and the "rights" listed therein you seem to have forgoten that life isn't black and white text.

I think owning a gun should be a privilage not a right. And I would hope that someone who wants to protect the unborn children would want to do the same for the children who would be in jeapordy if say a released child molester could just walk in and by a gun without a background check.

Circumstances my boy. You have to consider circumstances.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 01:30 PM       
I think since the constitution states our right to bear arms, the govt. should provide them. I think there should be huge, unlocked weapons caches on every street corner, weapons loaded and ready. Waiting period, scmaiting period, I have the right to defend myself, why should I be burdened with CARRYING a weapon?

Vibe, seriously, you're asking way more of Vinth in the thinking department then he's capable of. You're asking a man who gets a bone on fantasizing using weapons to 'protect' people to concider consequences.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 04:47 AM       
What I don't get, is what he means.

Quote:
Simplified version:

'Why do people whine about A, but whine about B?'

What the hell kind of sense is that supposed to make? is it:

A: 'Why do people not only whine about A, but whine about B also?'

B: 'Why don't people whine about A, but whine about B?'

C: 'Why do people whine about A, but don't whine about B?'

... or is it upposed to mean something different altogether? I'm not trying to turn this thread into another Vince bash fest, I just want to know what the hell he's talking about.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 07:40 AM       
I'm trying to wrap my mind around it but it's so vast and sweaty it keeps slipping out.

So, in Vince world it is amazing that "liberals" don't want waiting periods before they get a gun, while they also don't want waiting periods before they get an abortion, because one is contested by the Constitution while the other is not.

Aside from the complex asininity of it all, I guess that Vince thinks babies can be bought from the baby store and if you squeeze them, they spew bullets. Also, guns are made when two NRA members passionately shake hands and unless it is taken apart within three months, it is indestructable.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 08:17 AM       
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 09:22 AM       
What he Vinth is how can somebody do a thing if some other time another guy or the ffirst guy does a thing that has some stuff in common with the thing either of them did first but then they complain about the other thing? I mean how can you object to something and then not object to everything that has anything in common with it?

How hard is that to understand?

I mean, it's not like Vinth is a retard.
Mocker

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:03 AM       
Consider this Vinth ... or not ... I don't care. There was a Prohibition Amendment in the Constitution which has subsequently been repealed yet the sale of alcohol is still regulated. You can't go into a bar at eighteen, a legal voter, and demand a drink because it's guaranteed in the Constitution as a right. You'll find that in most rights included in the "Bill Of Rights", that there are subsequent laws and court rulings, or precedents, which serve as a guideline to interpret the "grays" inherent in those rights. It's not YOUR interpretation. It's the legal system's interpretation. They've been doing it a long time and they MIGHT just know a little bit more about the original intent of those bits of legislation, don't ya think?!

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:25 AM       
Yeah, Kelly, way to whine about a thing that gets whined about when someone else who also could be you or someone of your ilk has already been whining about another things when you didn't whine about the first thing, but they did.

Dumbass.
Mocker

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:34 AM       
Vinth has hacked Max's account! Call a cop.

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:43 AM       
Oh, sure, just like another guy to other the other when they would have been the other whining other guy other the first other other other whine about other when other other before the first of which the other guy other other other other of the whining!
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 12:46 PM       
i'm dizzy
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 01:07 PM       
Quote:
babies can be bought from the baby store and if you squeeze them, they spew bullets.
I know the hot new toy this Christmas. I'm gonna be rich.

Quote:
What he Vinth is how can somebody do a thing if some other time another guy or the ffirst guy does a thing that has some stuff in common with the thing either of them did first but then they complain about the other thing? I mean how can you object to something and then not object to everything that has anything in common with it?
What the fucking fuck. who the fuck? What the fuck? How the fuck did you fucking fucking fucks...........fucking...................FUCK!