Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 05:35 PM        The First Marvel Vs. Capcom Mockery Tournaments
[center:8dcb57f01b]Marvel Vs. Capcom Tournaments
(Singles and Tag Team Doubles)
[/center:8dcb57f01b]

When: Friday Night 11:00 PM EASTERN TIME Time (pre-game chat at 10, post game chat after the tournament)
Game: Marvel vs. Capcom (Us) (Regular for Singles 4 Player for Tag Team)
Emulator: Mame32k (Unhacked Version)
Rounds: Best 2 out of 3 for quarter.semi finals best 3 out of 5 for Final

Game Type: Manual
Game Speed: Normal

Signups: THE MAME GANG THREAD (sticky)
NOTE: SINGLES TOURNAMENT IS CLOSED
TAG TEAM IS STILL OPEN SIGN UP NOW!

Rules:
1. a character to a person, no dopplegangers whatsoever (in singles you can choose whatever other partner you want as long as it doesnt copy your opponenet)

2. By popular demand NO SUPER CHARACTERS (Super War machine, super hulk, ect. Roll is an exception.)

3. For verification of a win take a screenshot of your victories for each round, also take any other pictures in game just to add for imagery (no one else can see the action, remember) The default screen shot key is F12, use that, not print screen. You will fnd them in your MAME32k folder or a screen folder. I will make a MvC Image account on photobucket that you all can have easy access too to upload images. I will give the name and password in the pre-game chat and post-game chat.

4. If a certain person cannot make it to the event inform me beforehand and talk with your designated opponent for a battle sometime before the start of the tournament. Then if needed, you can face your other opponents the next day HOPEFULLY you can all make time to make it, if not, we can move it to saturday night, but i hope we can all make it tomarrow.

Jimminy Willicks(announcer) :AND WITHOUT FURTHUR APU, THE MOCKERY COMPETETORS FOR THE Mockery MvC Singles Tournament,

Good Luck

Sponsored by Mounds Candy
In case you "feel like a nut,"
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 06:29 PM       
Schweeeet. :D
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 08:57 PM       
Timrpg and Ninja are the only people I've never played before.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 09:04 PM       
Ninja, I am gonna rock you like a hurricane
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 09:15 PM       
Holy shit.

Guys, I bought a game pad today.

I don't see anyone up there I think I don't have a chance against, since Chojin isn't competing. Rongi is annoying with Wolverine, but...MAYBE.

You're all gonna fucking DIE

EDIT - Oh, wait.

Sam's computer is faster than mine and will make lag so I will probably lose to him.

I haven't seen Tim play.

Oh fuck.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 09:34 PM       
Practice your moves ;o
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 10:04 PM       
I know plenty of moves with wolverine.

If we ever fight schimid, you are dead

By the way ninja, after the fight i'll sell your ass back to you for 5 dollars >:D
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 10:10 PM       
Willie is in the house, and he needs a partner, i be damned if i dont hear someone chime in within and hour.

we need two more teams

we need all 8 from the singles to play, and 8 more, so far we have 4 more , and we need 4 more.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 10:12 PM       
Come on and join us, you shy homos
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 10:14 PM       
My only problem right know is this goddamn keyboard. It thinks i'm dragon punching when i'm trying to shoot a damned fireball, and it makes a whole lotta freakin' difference when i'm trying to pull a special.

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 10:21 PM       
I'll play if no one else will.

[EDIT: Never mind. I'm going to be busy tomorrow night.]
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 11:08 PM       
If the winner of the tournament doesn't have a title, I'll give 'em a title as an added "prize"
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 11:49 PM       
Oh I'll be ready to kick someone's ass. Hopefully.. heh. Haven't played much fighters lately but it's like riding a bike, so watch out. I'm good at riding a bike. Only problem is my gamepad really sucks.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:27 AM       
Ok I finally got time to get on this but i think ill practice before i do any tourney stuff...
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:45 AM       
after this one can we play a tekken 3 tournament

-willie
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:46 AM       
because thats like the only fight game i've played with any regularity

or tekken tag

but i'm siure everyone h8s tekken so f
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:54 AM       
My favorite character is the one where you press Down, Down-Forward, Forward+Punch, and they throw a projectile.

MvC sucks ass, especially when you play against someone who exploits a non-stop air-combo to kill you.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 02:13 AM       
ATTENTION PROFESSOR COOL: ALMOND JOYS HAVE NUTS. MOUNDS DO NOT. SO YOUR STATEMENT "MOUNDS: BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU FEEL LIKE A NUT" SHOULD ACCTUALLY BE "BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE A NUT".

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LISTEN TO ME.

SINCERELY,

Sam.

It's in the song. ALMOND JOYS GOT NUTS, MOUNDS DON'T, BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU FEEL LIKE A NUT, AND SOMETIMES YOU DON'T *CLANG*

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 02:49 AM       
damn, I wish I had known about this...I'm untouchable with Jin, Ryu, Gambit, and Strider.
OH GOD
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 04:23 AM       
you could play on a doubles team, strider is still open
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 07:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Why yes james, that is a cute cat, thanks for stopping by.

NOTICES

The pre-game is change to 11 PM EASTERN TIME, not pacific, so that's 10 central, 9 mounty, and 8 pacific. The tournament starts an hour later.

The doubles has been moved to tomarrow saturday, if not next week.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 08:07 AM       
Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game. But I just get sick of Capcom shitting out fighting game after fighting game, with next to no differences between them, other than characters (though they all still function the same).

And MvC does have some cheap exploits, which are frustrating. But other than that, it is a fun game. I'd play, but nobody asked me so fuck you guys. Lemme know when you have a Mortal Kombat tournament.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM       
I play tekken, willie :>

Ironically enough, Jin is one of the only characters i dont use. ;>

I am unkillable with Kazuya, Yoshimitsu/Kunimitsu or Christie/Eddy. ;D

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 10:32 AM       
If the doubles are Saturday then I'll play. Put me down as Megaman.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 11:20 AM       
Where is the chat going to be held?

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim