Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 09:28 AM       
oh, must not of registered the in your last post lol

i know, it would be weird without hideo, but it might not make any real difference in the end, depending how much he does in the creative end of the games development.

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 07:34 PM       
That was a game timer? I had no clue what it was because I only got to see it for a split second. All I saw was a four or something
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 07:39 PM       
It was a timer, telling you how much longer you had until the bomb went off. I'm told it varied depending on the difficulty, but the fact that Sorrow is invisible and flying around while the bomb ticks away and you can't do anything about it, kinda made me feel a little tense.

I hate timed areas in games, by the way.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 12:05 AM       
Yeah. Like the entirety of Super Mario Brothers.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 01:10 AM       
I know i'm going to sound like i'm gushing, so excuse me. I have a raging hard-on for this series.

SPOILERS AHOY

IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. I would say it's my favorite of the series, but they all have things i love about them to keep them fighting for tops.

Cobras? AWESOME. The Fury was probably my favorite fight, but The Sorrow is easily my favorite member out of them all. I am also with Schimid in that he is absolutely the top best boss out of the entire series for me. His fight was so perfect for his character. When i saw him i thought "oh great, a goth character", but when the moaning corpses come at you, you realize that he's a badass, and then when he hits you with that screaming beam of agony or whatever, that's when i was sold. He was perfect.

The Fury was also cool, even though i made the fight harder on myself by not using the front of the room. He just screamed out "Fucked-up GI Joe" a little more than the other guys.

Sigint was actually helpful, and interesting.

Weapon prizes for beating the game :D

Volgin: Awesome. Awesome awesome awesome. Sadistic gay electric man. I love how he's a complete badass until he has to fight snake hand-to-hand, and then he wants oceot's help. His hand-to-hand moves looked pretty cool too, something that Liquid completely lacked. How many bosses in the history of videogames will hit your character with an uppercut so hard that it breaks his ribs and makes him puke? Not enough, that's how many.

Ocelot: got even cooler with this incarnation, ironically. That is to say, as he's so much cooler in 1 & 2 now by comparison to this fairyboy. The SSA is probably my favorite gun to use, too, just because you can twirl it. :O

The standard Metal Gear final battle was a little disappointing, but iy was also pretty unique, and still very fun. Nothing's going to top doing the multi-ray fight on extreme mode in MGS2, though, so i can hold nothing against it.

EVA: the game totally played me. I was like "SPY SPY SPY" from the moment i saw her, and then we find out she is one, but that she's a triple-crosser like ocelot :O

All the loose ends i can think of were tied up in this one, and i was almost certain the series had forgotten the Patriots until the very end. Now i have to finish mgs2 again to figure out what the hell ocelot had to do with them besides being a member.

The knife was fantastic, but i never got the gator cap. I wanted to jump outta the water like a ninja and rip some throats out

You can throw poisoned food to bosses :D

The ending was incredible, too. Some things weren't really necessary to have to play, though. Pretty much everything after the final shagohod fight excluding the battle with boss weren' necessary, but it's very considerate of konami to do that to keep us interested. I know that at the end of MGS2 i had no interest in watching every one of those scenes again after i finished it once.

Oh, man, i totally forgot why Solidus is alive, too. I thought only Solid and Liquid survived Les Enfants Teribles?

Big Boss.

Big.
Mother.
Fucking.
Boss.

He has gotten so much cooler that i think he might even outshine snake. But that's a really tough call. Not only did they give Boss a source of income and a motive behind the overthrow of zanzibar and the development of the first metal gear (uniting the world, or wtf ever the philosophers wanted), but they also gave him a motive for his hatred of the US. It's fantastic. I love how he refused to shake anyone else's hand when he got his medal, showing us the real turning point between Snake and Big Boss. Loved loved loved that. The grave scene was pretty sad, though ;_;

Poor T. Boss ;_;

Oh, yeah, loved the way they kept ripping on Raiden. Don't misunderstand me though, i liked Raiden. No, he's not Snake, but who fucking cares? We don't need ANOTHER Snake running around. He'll be a grizzled old veteran in another ten years anyway. But i found it amusing that the Major you had to imitate looked like Raiden, and that he happened to be very effeminate and quite literally gay. :O

One more thing: My friend and i find snake's reaction to nasty foods to be completely hilarious.

"SIIIICK!"
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 06:51 PM       
what does it does in online?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
...for breakfast?!
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 07:26 PM       
LOL @ Raikov.

During the Volgin fight, I put on Raikov's mask, and it fucked with his head. He started saying things like "...Raikov? Is that you?" and then he'd try to attack me all fierce a'cause I killed him.

I actually think it might've made the fight easier. His attacks seemed fiercer, but I could get behind him much easier.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 11:01 PM       
Apparently there are several ways to beat volgin. :O

My friend said he would point his gun at him, and then shoot him in the back when he charged up. I would throw a stun grenade and simply blast him with whatever gun i had handy as soon as it went off. I'ma try yoour method next. Did you get Volgin's Cold War camo? I don't think i did anything special, but i got it and adept didn't, and we both played on normal mode. O .o
...for breakfast?!
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 11:42 PM       
Didn't get his camo, no. I didn't care that much for the specials they put in.

My friend told me that after he started the fight with The End, had to go to a party, so he saved and when he came back, he got a call saying The End died.

BEST BOSS FIGHT EVER
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 02:33 AM       
GODAMMIT! This game is way to pimp.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 02:27 PM       
Seriously? If that's true, then that fucking rules. I have no idea how anyone could think this would work without kojima, cuz like you said, he puts all the quirks in the game to make it more fun. :O
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 09:59 PM       
triple crosser :o
Lord Felch Demon
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 10:58 PM       
I totally didn't catch this before, but apparently The Sorrow's camo makes your footsteps silent and your chokeholds drain stamina, and Volgin's camo makes soldiers hesitate before they shoot you! :O
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 02:46 AM       
This game is fantastic, i could go days on how great it is but I'll keep it at that, fantastic.

Lord Felch Demon
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 11:21 PM       
Beat it again tonight, clocking in at 7:15, compared to my 20:37 time on my first run through. The Patriot helped greatly in mowing down everyone. No one was able to withstand that bastard, it made the Volgin and Boss fights obscenely quick. Don't even ask about The Fury. This time in the WIG i picked the gun without the blank in it, and Ocelot let me keep it when i went to hand it to him :O. Now to try hard mode and see if the camo prize changes ;o
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 07:24 PM       
Yes I plan on going back to beat it on all modes when i get it back.
the online thing is you can download nre camo and stuff they say but i havent tried it.
frunk as duck
Drunkenbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 09:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by adept_ninja
Yes I plan on going back to beat it on all modes when i get it back.
the online thing is you can download nre camo and stuff they say but i havent tried it.
I just tried the d/l camo section and they only have two so far. The mummy camo and grenade camo, I just walked around for a couple of minutes. But, I don't know exactly what special attributes they have yet. :/

Alcoholism- The new fad in todays society. Dont be left out! Get a free "How to drink your way through life!" tape with 2 proofs of purchase with every 24 pack of Budweiser.TM or
Bud-lite.TM
XboxLiveTag-IXISilencerIXI
Lord Felch Demon
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 02:30 PM       
Youu can read them by pressing R1 with them equipped at the camo selection screen.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 03:41 PM       
Maybe it's just me but I still like MGS1 the best.

Gonna have to go through this one again though.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 12:18 AM       
Spoilers maybe:

I just finished this and I love it. I was kinda apprehensive about this game cuz the first part and the beggining of snake eater kinda sucked. but I definatly want to play it again for all the stealth camo, revolver, and other crap.

I thought revolver ocelot was kinda gay in this game but pretty awesome at the same time.

It took me like 5 times to figure out how to get past sorrow which pissed me off

the ending was so long and I didn't like dragging eva around

The final boss battle was the hardest for me cuz she kept taking apart my gun. I finally figured out just to put on my snow camo and crawl around and shoot her with my sniper rifle.

The ending amazed the hell outta me...
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 12:24 AM       
I didn't know there was snow camo ;(

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 01:09 AM       
I'm with Tim on this one. I liked MGS the best.

Also, I haven't gotten very far (because I suck at this), but I don't care for this Eva person. *Spoilers* Sure, the part where she gives Ocelot a motorcycle uppercut is funny, and it's kind of amusing that the first person view is always of her chest (which she proudly displays), but that part in the swamp annoyed me:

*fwik*

Huh. That was a weird noise.

*wham* (swinging log)

*beep beep beep*

"Oh Snake, by the way, the swamp is full of booby traps. Of course, you'd have to be an idiot to walk into one..."
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 01:10 AM       
Don't you mean "you didn't snow there was snow camo"

Lord Felch Demon
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 08:10 AM       
All tripwire traps are set between trees of equal length. Just use first-person often, or just roll between suspicious trees. Once you have thermal gogs you can see them, but ironically you'll only find one or two tripwires after you get those. :-/

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 05:41 PM       
Seeing them isn't my problem. It just irritated me that she mentioned the traps after the fact. I was only on the lookout for leeches and crocodiles (or whatever it is that they call those things).

Also, one of the great things about MGS (aside from being able to simply run up behind a guy and quickly break his neck) is that the radar let you see guy that were south of your position, whereas now you have to hit the first person button every few steps to check.