Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 10:23 PM        family guy
tonight's episode was like a combination of everything i dislike about family guy. the constant "hey remember that time :FLASHBACKTOSOMETHINGCRAZY" ugh
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:19 PM       
Every episode in the new season has one of those bumbling, prolonged monologues that were rare in the first three seasons, and it's usually from Stewie. Not only does it make me hate Stewie more, but it makes me hate fans of Stewie as well because I can't imagine someone actually enjoying this goddamn two-minute filler.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:32 PM       
i liked the episode with the baby sitter though. that part were everyone threw up was funny
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:44 PM       
I hate how now the show is painfully aware of its own existence. That "Okay, where are we gonna go with this joke? AIDS? NO LOL" thing was terrible.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 02:46 PM       
As much as I hate to admit this, because I loved the first few seasons of family guy, but they shouldn't have brought it back on tv with the way it is now. It's all poop jokes and they over-do the references from the past, I feel compelled to laugh at them everytime. I demand someone to start an internet petition to take it off the air before it make me start hating the first few seasons.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:49 PM       
What the hell happened to American Dad? Fox was tauting that to be the new Simpsons and then POOF, gone, like it never existed. I don't think it's even on Cartoon Network anymore.
Dina S Burroughs is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 06:14 PM       
I was just wonderin'...uh...where the newspaper boy was...

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:56 PM        Re: family guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
tonight's episode was like a combination of everything i dislike about family guy. the constant "hey remember that time :FLASHBACKTOSOMETHINGCRAZY" ugh
Thats what the entire series is douche... it only took you 3 and a half seasons to figure that out?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 11:08 PM       
family guy is a lot more than crumby flashback jokes...or it used to be. now it's just lame and trying too hard to be edgy

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM       
About 80% of the jokes in the show are either flashbacks of references to some obscure movie/sitcom/game usually from the 80's. Seriously I think they are just running out of ideas of what to do with the show... hence the bringing back of old characters and jokes.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 03:58 PM       
I think it's still great.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 04:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the hell happened to American Dad? Fox was tauting that to be the new Simpsons and then POOF, gone, like it never existed. I don't think it's even on Cartoon Network anymore.
american dad sucked, and thats why its not on the air anymore....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 09:59 PM       
It sucked, but it didn't suck THAT bad. Especially by Fox's standards. Compared to the rest of the shit on that channel this show is gold.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 10:08 PM       
I fucking hate American Dad because people left their TVs on at their Super Bowl parties and knocked about four episodes of Arrested Development out of production and threatened it's cancellation.

Sometimes I wish Seth MacFarlane wasn't late for that plane on 9/11 But then I feel guilty when I think that

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 10:17 PM       
I also liked American Dad, but i would gladly see more Arrested Development if it meant Cancelling American Dad. I'd give up everything Fox has that's animated for more Arrested episodes.

Also, American Dad was not cancelled, it had a pilot run. They made 6 episodes to test the water so they didn't waste money on a full season.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:03 AM        Re: family guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00bKill3R
Thats what the entire series is douche... it only took you 3 and a half seasons to figure that out?
You're retarded. If you take out the flashbacks and references there will still be a story and it would still be relatively funny.

there is alot more to the structure of the episodes than references and flashbacks. Alot of the jokes family guy did are only funny once or twice because it's not typical of a sitcom. having a chase scene with a chicken for a quarter episode will only be funny once. Flashbacks are funny because they deny you of imagining the joke for yourself.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:57 AM       
I like the flashbacks too, mainly because I never fully predict them and it's good that what I expect doesn't happen, or else I would be bored and I wouldn't be still watching it.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 02:16 AM       
What was the deal with the reference to the cheese guy? I recognized the guy and the song and all, but the punchline to that bit was just him saying that he smoked crack. I mean, the cutaway references usually end with some kind of weird line or something, and not some Chapelle's Show-style "I'm high" line.

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 03:09 AM        Re: family guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
You're retarded. If you take out the flashbacks and references there will still be a story and it would still be relatively funny.

there is alot more to the structure of the episodes than references and flashbacks. Alot of the jokes family guy did are only funny once or twice because it's not typical of a sitcom. having a chase scene with a chicken for a quarter episode will only be funny once. Flashbacks are funny because they deny you of imagining the joke for yourself.
I'm talking about the jokes fag... I'm pretty aware that you can't make a show out of just flashbacks.
Mocker
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 01:00 AM       
you really didn't make that apparent in your post.

Bob_The_Dark_One is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 03:18 AM       
The one where Peter discovers e's retarded made me laugh out loud. And the flashback parts are the funniest in my oppinion.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM       
"so tell me baby is there any tread left on the tires or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway" and the "you have AIDS" barbershop quartet completely usurp the golden throne of comedy from the entire first three seasons.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM       
the flashbacks used to be somewhat imaginative. now they're just lazy and end with a "I HAVE AIDS/SMOKE DRUGS/" line
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM       
I haven't seen any of this season, and only a few episodes of season 3, but Peter laughing at Philadelphia was the absolute highlight of the first season for me.

Also, Stewie outstayed his welcome by the second episode.
Mocker
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:59 AM       
so did all the t-shirts and hats that were made from this show.