Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:58 PM        WiiFit
My mother and sister have been watching Good Morning America or something and came to the conclusion that this was the way they were going to become gorgeous beach hotties, so I went out and grabbed one for them this morning. I don't think it's going to work out so well because about 2 minutes after they stood on the thing it basically told them they were fatties and inflated their Miis to embarrassing plus sizes. On the bright side after I was done laughing I went on a relaxing jog along the mountainside with DuFresne!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM       
Yea, my mom saw that on TV too, and seriously suggested I get it for her birthday. I told her to stay away from my hobby.

That said, I'll probably buy it for her anyways, much to my chagrin. Then she'll get bored of it and I can have my Wii back.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM       
wait, it makes your Mii fat, too?

That is so awesome
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:24 PM       
It's actually really in-depth and has charts and shit to help you make schedules/set goals and things.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM       
i was gonna get it but 90 bucks is too much

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM       
I got it.

I love it. I've been playing it pretty much all day with my girlfriend--I have 45 minutes clocked in and she has 33. I'm really good at the strength training (three four stars on my first try :O) and she's real good at yoga.

My biggest problem with working out has always been motivation. I can never find the drive to actually get out and work out...this solves that. I think I'll play it for at least 15 - 30 minutes a day if not more. I have a BMI of 24 (about two points away from overweight) and would like to lose a few vanity pounds before summer :O
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 21st, 2008, 08:11 PM       
I'm the fucking hoola-hoop destroyer.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM       
It's an excercise game, and I predict it will go over as well as other excercise games in the past (and I'm not counting DDR as an excercise game), maybe a little better because the Wii is so intriguing.

And BMI isn't good for calculating how fat you are because muscle tissue weighs more than fat.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid View Post
I got it.

I love it. I've been playing it pretty much all day with my girlfriend--I have 45 minutes clocked in and she has 33. I'm really good at the strength training (three four stars on my first try :O) and she's real good at yoga.

My biggest problem with working out has always been motivation. I can never find the drive to actually get out and work out...this solves that. I think I'll play it for at least 15 - 30 minutes a day if not more. I have a BMI of 24 (about two points away from overweight) and would like to lose a few vanity pounds before summer :O
Does this thing come with weights? I don't see how you're gonna get the same experience you'd get from going to the gym.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM       
It's more of a burning fat kind of thing, not really for building muscle. It's definitely not intended for replacing the gym, but it will definitely make working out easier and more accessible to a lot of people.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM       
It's aerobic exercise, not anaerobic exercise.

Also, I have now called 12 gamestop/eb games stores, 3 best buys, 4 targets, 4 wal-marts, and a toys 'r us and none of them have this in stock.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM       
When I got mine there were 9 left. YOU SHOULDA TOLD ME BRO.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM       
Well, I called one store this morning and the guy said 'Just get here by 8' so I was like LOL OK and I showed up and he was like I SAID AFTER 8 and I was like NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T

and then I just called at 8 and they were like SORRY SOLD OUT :sunglasses and then I called everywhere else

so fuck you, eb games
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM       
Ah. How does the strength training thing work? I agree that it will help working out become easier for a lot of people. It's not something I'll get because working out isn't new and exciting for me, but it's good that it'll help people.

I hope that my morbidly obese sister gets it so that I don't feel like throwing up when I go home.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 21st, 2008, 09:58 PM       
It's basically like a work out video that will scold you if you stop or cheat and reward you for doing well. Push ups, V ups, all sorts of twisty maneuvers. I haven't really looked much into that aspect yet.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM       
Quote:
LizardRonin
Posted 5/21/2008 6:30:45 PM
message detail Don't know if anybody else suffered this problem, but for the bigger people here is a solution. If the board keeps saying you exceed the limit, one way to fix this is really by sitting on the board. Mainly cause the legs add probably an extra 30-50 pounds. But since I been doing this, it now let's me continue. However it won't read you real weight but heard it isn't accurate anyway.

But just posting this in case anybody else had any problems. Since it isn't the board cause after I got though that step, the balance parts and such work great, and amazed the board and even stand my weight hehe.
God this is the best thing I've ever seen. Elite fat sploitz.
was never good
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:01 AM       
hahaha what? Wii fit deems some people BEYOND HOPE?

That's like, a Garfield comic.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:57 AM       
Looks like a job for third parties to start putting out jumbo-size pressure pads. Come on, Mad Catz, there's a whole demographic you can appeal to here.
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:51 AM       
Yeah, I heard it's a large market. Ho ho ho.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM       
I've seen it on 3 separate news shows, I don't think I'll pick it up though. I too lack motivation.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM       
More like Wii Sit, amirite?
The Wolf
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:03 AM       
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmwd6x_QJs

OHHHHH SNAP

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM       
Yeah this thing will be in most peoples' closet, propping up the Donkey Kong bongos and Bass Fishing rod within about a month. It's just like Brain Training - you think you'll do it all the time as it's easy and kind of fun but then after a few weeks you can't be arsed with it any more.
I can't imagine you actually get much in the way of exercise pissing about on a 2 inch high slab of plastic either.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Oh shit. That was funny.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Yeah this thing will be in most peoples' closet, propping up the Donkey Kong bongos and Bass Fishing rod within about a month. It's just like Brain Training - you think you'll do it all the time as it's easy and kind of fun but then after a few weeks you can't be arsed with it any more.
I can't imagine you actually get much in the way of exercise pissing about on a 2 inch high slab of plastic either.
This.