Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 06:08 PM        AL SHARPTON - FIGHTING THE GREEDY
February 4, 2004 -- Call it the politics of personal enrichment.

No wonder the Rev. Al Sharpton - finishing way back in the pack yesterday in South Carolina, just weeks after being handed a hefty $5,500 fine from the Federal Election Commission - is so committed to his presidential campaign.

That's where the money is.

Sharpton's records show that his campaign's biggest billing client may well be - Al Sharpton.

The reverend was paid $31,243 for "fund-raising reimbursement" and other expenses.

Which is interesting, considering that the campaign hasn't even raised that much money.

Plus, Sharpton is owed another $91,000 in "reimbursement expenses" and $19,799 in "reimbursement services" for credit-card purchases.

Nice work if you can get it.

It's quite clear what's going on here: Sharpton is using the campaign to funnel money to himself.

The irony is that the campaign is broke - with barely $7,000 in the bank - but the Rev will likely see a payday.

He's hoping to hang around long enough to qualify for federal matching funds so that tax dollars will flow to his campaign - and on into his pockets.

None of this should surprise, coming as it does after reports of Sharpton's use of the campaign to treat himself to high-priced hotels and other travel perks around the country.

Al Sharpton is running another scam.

If the FEC lets him get away with it - well, shame on the FEC.

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc. NYPOST.COM, NYPOSTONLINE.COM, and NEWYORKPOST.COM
are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.
Copyright 2003 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 06:47 PM       
Blah blah blah philsopher blah blah blah pilosiphy blah blah blah big word blah blah blah I'm cool.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 07:17 PM       
What the fuck does it matter what Al Sharpton does? The most he could do is pull votes away from Bush, and frankly, that's a good thing.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 09:28 PM       
So lying only matters when someone on the opposite ideology does it? Good tactic. I think I'll apply that from now on, and call it doublethink.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 09:33 PM       
Al Sharpton doesn't like sushi.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 09:34 PM       
YOU KNOW WHAT THESE COLORED FOLKS DON'T APPRECIATE?

LAISSEZ-FAIRE CAPITALISM!
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 05:22 AM       
A politician in corruption scandal?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 07:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
So lying only matters when someone on the opposite ideology does it? Good tactic. I think I'll apply that from now on, and call it doublethink.

that's too stupid to comment on.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:08 AM       
i hadnt picked up on this before this article .. Ooops.. what's up with Al!? i'm dissapointed, i expected more from the reverend :/

A Bush Covert Operative Takes Over Al Sharpton's Campaign:
Sleeping With the GOP

by Wayne Barrett with special reporting by Adam Hutton and Christine Lagorio
February 5th, 2004 8:20 AM

Roger Stone, the longtime Republican dirty-tricks operative who led the mob that shut down the Miami-Dade County recount and helped make George W. Bush president in 2000, is financing, staffing, and orchestrating the presidential campaign of Reverend Al Sharpton.

Though Stone and Sharpton have tried to reduce their alliance to a curiosity, suggesting that all they do is talk occasionally, a Voice investigation has documented an extraordinary array of connections. Stone played a pivotal role in putting together Sharpton's pending application for federal matching funds, getting dollars in critical states from family members and political allies at odds with everything Sharpton represents. He's also helped stack the campaign with a half-dozen incongruous top aides who've worked for him in prior campaigns. He's even boasted about engineering six-figure loans to Sharpton's National Action Network (NAN) and allowing Sharpton to use his credit card to cover thousands in NAN costs—neither of which he could legally do for the campaign. In a wide-ranging Voice interview Sunday, Stone confirmed his matching-fund and staffing roles, but refused to comment on the NAN subsidies.

more at http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0405/barrett.php
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 05:34 PM       
Yeah that Voice article is great. Al's been getting backing from Republicans trying to subvert the Democratic party! The amazing thing is if you know much of Al Sharpton's background, just his presence on the ballot alone should have done that.

I will say he chicken and waffle dish named after him up at amy ruth's in harlem is amazing.