Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 03:32 AM        Psyclone ruined my wiimote
My birthday was last month and I asked for the Nyko wiimote charger thing. I got the "psyclone" wiimote charger instead. But I figured what the hell, it does the same thing, right?

WRONG

I left my controller in for a while as it charged, left for the day, came back, and it was burning hot! Opened it up, big 'ol brown burn spot on the back. Both battery pack and the remote were ruined.

I'm currently playing phone tag with these guys on what the best way of getting me a replacement is. Needless to say, I'm pissed.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 11:16 AM       
I just got a battery charger meself. works great. C uz I hear nintenda don't want no actual wiimote chargers not from nintenda so it dun suprise me I hear they suck
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM       
for charging, you should always go first party...unless it's logitech. just look at what those $5 car chargers do to your cell phone battery.

Pelican and MadCatz make SOME decent shit (I'm at a loss to name anything offhand) but most of the time it's worth the extra $10 to avoid them.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM       
Nyko stuff works fine as long as you don't need precision, and their stuff probably won't blow up your electronics.

Though I found out that you can shock yourself with the nyko charger if you put a thumb on the copper connectors and then run the nunchuk cable along the static on a CRT screen.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 01:36 PM       
So wait, Nintendo is never going to release an official charger of their own? Why?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM       
My guess is that if they had any manufacturing warehouses doing that, they could be using them to make more Wiis instead.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 02:11 PM       
Wait, that's retarded. The peripherals for the Wii alone take up entire walls in some stores, yet they won't release a fucking battery charger, when both the GBA SP and the DS have rechargeable batteries included?
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM       
so nyko made a charger for something that doesn't have a charger port? I'm confused. Why not just buy rechargeable batteries and a charger?..like what I used to use for my game gear what when I was a little kid and all.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM       
I didn't buy the Nyko chargers because I like my colored silicone Wii controller covers, and the Nyko batteries make your Wii controllers a bit wider because the back sticks out a lil' more. I was hoping Nintendo would eventually release a charger of their own that didn't stick out.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM       
My friend Corey has one with these grey lines on the battery cover. He'll leave them in for a day or so and It'll be fine. I don't know what kind it is but it's pretty cool. Saves him some extra scratch.
Charming
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM       
The nyko ones have a removable battery pack. These psyclone ones are just a back and a battery put together. I don't know if that makes a difference. At any rate, I'll keep you updated.
Charming
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 02:33 AM       
Ok so here's what went down.
Apparently this is a normal problem with the unit. After about 4 days playing phone tag with some douche, including him hanging up on me when I actually answered the phone, I was sent by rush mail, TWO, count 'em, TWO controllers. Needless to say I was more than satisfied. Strangely one was mailed without a box. So I checked them out and they work fine.
So, then I took my money I got from Target for the busted charger and bought the Nyko model. Long story short it sucks too. So I bought 16 dollars worth or rechargeable AAs and I'm happy. The end.