Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:01 AM        world of starcraft
lol i know it april first and this is maybe a hoax but it looks kinda cool
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world...ml?sid=6146918

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:26 AM       
I'd play it. :/

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM       
If only. Fuck you in your anus, Blizzard.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:19 PM       
That seems like a way better idea than wow.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:29 PM       
Well, I guess It could be worth of a try, but Warcraft is way much better than Starcraft.

Well, except for WoW, WoW sucks!
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:40 PM       
I would not play a Starcraft MMO, because it would not be very interesting at all, having only one game of mythos to build from. It wouldn't be any fun because there'd be no backstory.

You people are just fags who will buy anything. Thank God this is an April Fools joke.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM       
yea because people can't create backstories or anything like that. I mean, if there's not six games before it it's going to have a shitty story, because you know there's no such thing as creativity where people make new stuff up like in books and stuff you know.

But this poses a great philosophical question; how did they make the first ones? I mean, there was no backstory, and yet they had stories! Amazing, perhaps this proves the existance of God.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
But this poses a great philosophical question; how did they make the first ones? I mean, there was no backstory, and yet they had stories! Amazing, perhaps this proves the existance of God.
Isn't that obvious? It was not work of God, it was work of nolife nerds.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:54 PM       
ITS THE MATRIX ALL OVER AGAIN!
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:58 PM       
That's just cruel.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
yea because people can't create backstories or anything like that. I mean, if there's not six games before it it's going to have a shitty story, because you know there's no such thing as creativity where people make new stuff up like in books and stuff you know.

Yes, you can create new story and backstory and blah blah blah. But if you did WoW with only the first Warcraft game before it, it wouldn't nearly be as fun as it is now (although I suppose you could argue that WoW only takes WCIII into consideration anyway, but I disagree). They've layered up history and story that you've experienced, and that familiarity is part of the charm that WoW has. A Starcraft MMO would just feel so dead, because there's very little familiarity unless you're a diehard fan who replays the campaigns every few months, and writes erotic fanfics about Infected Kerrigan and a made up character that acts as your own sexual alter-ego.

I wouldn't object to a Starcraft MMO somewhere down the line, mind you. I just think it's stupid that so many people want a Starcraft MMO NOW.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:46 PM       
I thought warcraft's backstory consisted of THE PUNY HUMANS HAVE ELUDED US ONCE AGAIN WE MUST CHASE THEM INTO THE MINES OF MORDREGAR
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM       
lol @ chojin

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM       
was that a Blackthorne reference?

I loved that game.