Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Buddha is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 02:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorak790
close enough, and most peopel who go "clubbin" are the same peopel who rave
not true. i work at a nightclub and on Friday nights we used to do hip-hop parites (like the one in Chicago) and then on Saturday nights we play electronic music, TOTALLY different crowd. Then on Friday nights, we do top 40 bullshit just to get alot of heads in the door, once again, TOTALLY different crowd. So yea, youre wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
and I bet if they autopsy the corpses, they'll find just as high a chemical level in the blood as well.
I bet if there is ever a massive fire at a Greatful Dead concert, or some other type of rock concert, theyll find just as high a chemical level, possibly even higher in the blood. But i like where you were goin with that, tryin to say that people who do drugs & listen to music are totally alike, good call.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:39 PM        Sum
Sum - You never cease to amaze or impress me.

You, like me, seem to be in the minority when it comes to certain issues. Take for example the potential for war. You and I both feel quite the same way. Sure, a peacefull solution is preferable, however that is simply not a viable option at this time.

It really comes down too this.....

If we choose peace, it will appear that we have backed down. We will appear weak in the face of those that consider us their enemy. Weakness is always exploited. Weakness is always attacked. 9/11 is an exapmle of that. Our complacency was our weakness. We felt so safe in our ivory tower. Indestructable. Untouchable. Unmoved by anything that didn't effect us directly. Why should we? We were America the Great. The rest of the world didn't matter. Until of course they came and kicked in our door.
Bush will not allow himself or our country to appear weak. It just isn't in his nature. So this option is very unlikely.

If we choose war, we are the bully that the rest of the world thinks we are. We are trying to do exactly the same thing we are accusing others of doing. Pushing our will on people who don't necessaraly want it. We are ugly and mean in the eyes of the rest of the world. We don't want to play by the "rules" any more than say Saddam does. Of course our justification is we are bigger and stronger. In essence, we are a bully. A bully that is hated by most of the rest of the world. (unless of course they need something)
Bush would much rather be seen as a bully. That at least shows strength as opposed to weakness . At least in some peoples eyes.

I find it interesting the people who complain the most and who protest the most against this war are the same ones who don't vote and who generally DON'T EVEN CARE until something of this magnitude comes up. So I put this up to you. Register to vote. And do it federally and locally. Do something to actually make what you believe in happen. Protests and petitions are nothing more than a way to soothe yourself because when it comes down to it you sit back and let others make decisions for you. They don't effect change. Voting, being active, knowing what and who is on the ballots....that will effect change. Stand up for what you believe in in a way that matters or sit down and shut up and let the rest of us run things for you.

Don't get me wrong here. I think Bush is a terrible leader with a personal agenda that is dangerous to the country and the world. But, sadly, we allowed him to be elected.

Now, for the people who I am sure about to call me everything under the sun, let me give you a small intro to myself.

I am female, I am a "raver", I am bi-sexual, I am for lack of a better term a Buddist, I am a liberal (probably republican), I am a psychonaut (which is a nice way to say I am a drug user), I am an activist, but most of all I am a realist. And because of that, I accept that fact that though war is not my favorite answer, at this point it is as good as any on the table.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 03:13 PM       
You can't be both a Liberal and a Republican.

And you'd probably have more luck with this discussion in Philosophy/Sociology/Religion/Politics/News/etc.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 03:22 PM        .
It was for Sum, and he rarely shows up in there. Oh and for the ravers here. For the most part the people in the political forum who are against that war are more politically aware and seem to be the type who do vote. This was for the people who whine and bitch and protest, but don't actually take an active role in this country.

I am a republican in the sense that what the party is based on makes sense. What has been done to the party is garbage.
Less federal government more local government. However, what they have done in regards to the medical MJ issue in California shows how little the republicans really follow the basic issues of their own party.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha
I bet if there is ever a massive fire at a Greatful Dead concert, or some other type of rock concert, theyll find just as high a chemical level, possibly even higher in the blood. But i like where you were goin with that, tryin to say that people who do drugs & listen to music are totally alike, good call.
Wow, I listen to music too, does that mean I'M on drugs?!?

Seriously, what I was SAYING is... not all concerts (although I have YET to go to one that's not just a local show without smelling weed in the air) but ones where people act insanely stupid and get killed.

And by the way, I bet there ARE going to be high chemical counts at a Grateful Dead concert.

"Hey man, the Dead are putting on a kick ass show tonight!"
"But dude, this isn't the Dead"
"They're not?"
"No dude, Jerry's dead, man!"
"Woah, deep."
"No, I mean, he's really dead."
"Yea, I know man. He rocks!"
"NO, you fool!"

All joking aside..I'm not being stereotypical, I'm being general. I know that not 100% of people at concerts are on drugs. But the ones doing the stupidest shit usually are. Or they're just completely fucking stupid.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 07:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
I still have trouble believing that Lovin is anything but a very badly thought out character. Or a personified migraine.

I know, he just seems to easy a target.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?

MaskedMonk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:16 PM       
Weakness is always attacked and exploited? Right, the terrorists attacked us because of incredibly weak strongest army in the world that we use quite often just didn't intimidate them enough.

You can't intimidate someone who doesn't care if they die. You can do your best to make sure that they have no friends.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:34 PM       
The sad thing is, they DO have friends. This applies to terrorists AND ravers.

MaskedMonk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:00 PM       
Yeah, but eventually we'll get leaders who realize that having images of middle eastern civillians getting shot and blown up on TV helps the terrorists, and also people will realize that jumping around with glow sticks makes you look like a dumbass.

Buddha is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedMonk
Weakness is always attacked and exploited? Right, the terrorists attacked us because of incredibly weak strongest army in the world that we use quite often just didn't intimidate them enough.
Right, and because the terroists attacked our army, that makes perfect sense what you jsut said. They attacked our air system, which was one of the weakest, the stuff we have to go thru now has been like that in every other country for a long ass time.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:56 PM        Weakness
Quote:
Weakness is always exploited. Weakness is always attacked. 9/11 is an exapmle of that. Our complacency was our weakness.
Notice what I said our weakness was. I said nothing of our military. In fact I said backing down would make us appear weak. Which some may try to exploit.

dvient is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:43 AM        HAHAHA!!!
this has gotta be the FUNNIEST SHIT i have EVER read!
seriously! i have been partying for over 5 years so WHAT! all you little kandy kids have gotta stop takin yerselves so seriously. raves a RECREATIONAL not a LIFESTYLE....Oh, hang on a min, a got that the wrong way round didn't i?! lmao

is ketamine a lifestyle too?
hahaha!
jailbaitmonger is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 03:17 AM       
Didn't you already say that?

KaffinePup is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 09:03 PM       
[quote="jailbaitmonger"]No one calls soundwave uncrazamatic[quote]

...Classic. Classic. I love the transformers movie.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 05:11 AM       
bump