Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rosenstern is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 01:01 AM        Scientology
Could anyone please explain to me, in plain English, exactly what the Church of Scientology teaches?
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 01:04 AM       
In prehistoric times, aliens came to earth, and were promptly bombed. The alien spirits were then brainwashed into believing in Christ and such. Those spirits were then sent BACK to earth and then latched onto human beings. Scientology believes that they know the only way to get rid of said spirits and free themselves.

I'm sure there's more. Those are just the basics. Oh, and also, it was invented by a Sci-Fi author who said that the best way to make money would be to create a religion, which really lends credibility to the idea that this guy was chosen to have deep religious truths revealed to him. Go figure.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 01:20 AM       
also, the original earthers were flown here on giant space 747s.

oh, and you have to pay like 10 grand to learn anything about the religion.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 07:59 AM       
And then there's something about an alien named "Xenu"...
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 09:09 AM       
it's primarily aimed at rich, stupid people...like John Travolta and Tom Cruise
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM       
Also, according to Scientologists, humans evolved from clams.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 02:40 PM       
Fuck you, Dianetics changed my life, man.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:08 PM       
were the design plans for 747s buried in an ancient tomb only to be discovered eons later?

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:17 PM       
They're awaiting the pyramids reactivation so they can start flying around again. You know about the pyramid.. intergalactic control station and initiation into scientologies highest degrees.
Have you ever heard about the spaceship that lands on the pyramid. It's designed especially to land on it's small flat surface at the top. I guess not to long ago(a decade maybe) some lady flew it to save the world and we're all still alive somehow.
Mocker

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM       
That must have made de-planing a bit awkward.

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM       
also one of the doctorines is to be ultra paranoid about people speaking out against your religion, eventhough no one can really claim that there religion is any more or less valid than any others..

But seriously, I don't think it's anymore crazy than any other religion. :/
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:56 PM       
from what i understand the Catholic church demands like a third of your income in donations(if you wish to remain in their good favor).

SO no, not really.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 07:53 AM       
I'm pretty sure that's a tenth. I mean, that's what tithe means.
Guildencrantz is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 10:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
In prehistoric times, aliens came to earth, and were promptly bombed. The alien spirits were then brainwashed into believing in Christ and such. Those spirits were then sent BACK to earth and then latched onto human beings. Scientology believes that they know the only way to get rid of said spirits and free themselves.
Is that not the plot of the Final Fantasy movie?

Shit
Mocker
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:25 AM       
Yeah this religion can't be valid because it's version of mans' history is unreasonable...
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:30 AM       
uh, well, considering that their religion also flies in the face of accepted science.

do you consider strict creationist points valid? that the Earth might have been created 5,000 years ago? because scientologists think the Earth was populated some 18 billion years ago.
Little Monster
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:39 AM       
Today I was walking down Times Square and recieved an invite to a free screening of an introduction on Dianetics.
Mocker
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 01:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
uh, well, considering that their religion also flies in the face of accepted science.

do you consider strict creationist points valid? that the Earth might have been created 5,000 years ago? because scientologists think the Earth was populated some 18 billion years ago.
that was kinda my point, that there are Christians who's beliefs are not logical as those of Scientologists. I personally don't believe these things but I don't see it as my place to say that a religion is wrong or misconcieved because it doesn't roll on the same rails as science. As long as nothing is imposed on me I don't care what anyone believes in.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 08:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Modular
Today I was walking down Times Square and recieved an invite to a free screening of an introduction on Dianetics.
Go to Grand Central Terminal and take their "Stress Test". I think its them anyway. $20 says that you will be far too stressed and they will have the answer for it.
Little Monster
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 10:01 AM       
Quote:
Go to Grand Central Terminal and take their "Stress Test". I think its them anyway. $20 says that you will be far too stressed and they will have the answer for it.
I'm back home now, but next time I will.
Legislacerator
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype

that was kinda my point, that there are Christians who's beliefs are not logical as those of Scientologists. I personally don't believe these things but I don't see it as my place to say that a religion is wrong or misconcieved because it doesn't roll on the same rails as science. As long as nothing is imposed on me I don't care what anyone believes in.
see, it sounds like you're validating the beliefs of the scientologists. scientology has no place among the sane.
Mocker
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 11:42 PM       
I'm just saying that it's no place to chastizing a christian for believing in a person coming back from the dead. or a hindu for believing in epic battles with sky fortresses and archers with thousands of flaming arrows.

You can call scientologists crazy for the way they act, I'll probably back you up on that, but you shouldn't for where they believe they came from..

I don't know I've only talked to one scientologist and she was pretty cool ...
BANNED

Old Oct 18th, 2005, 10:42 AM       
I've never heard such a thing as tithe before. You sir, are mad, and I will be the first one to have you quaranteened for such negative attitudes and such a decadent arrogance, mr. smartguytheologan. You are an absolute disgrace to everything I know and love.
Mocker

Old Oct 18th, 2005, 04:06 PM       
whose fairy tale is best?

Mocker
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM       
the hindus, by far, have you ever read it; it's like an action story framed in another action story, placed in box rigged with dynamite..