Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

derrida is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 12:56 AM        What happens when you shit where you eat?
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/oc...,3130914.story
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 01:57 AM       
crazy :O

I have no idea what humanity will do to deal with it's shit. It's a natural fact that every living organism produces shit, and most industrial systems produce "shit". For modern society even things that aren't "Shit" become "Shit", and things that aren't shit aren't necessarily designed to bio-degrade! Anything that functions pretty much produces shit. When you have millions upon millions of people producing shit and forcing it into ecological systems that couldn't possibly naturally get rid of it you get too much shit ,and then problems.
Really i think modern society is still so much like a child/animal, we fight other children over toys/food and not only that but we still shit our diapers. we think we can sweep it under a rug but that shit still stinks
when it comes down to it the only solution is self-sufficiency, rather than this mass, societal sufficiency.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 08:11 AM       
I bet Greenpeace pumps it's poo into the sea :/
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 07:52 PM       
"A slowly rotating mass of trash-laden water about twice the size of Texas"

YES AWESOME JOURNALISM CHOICES SIR
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 09:31 PM       
Shitting is for people on lower spiritual planes.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 10:32 PM       
or planes in Spain that fall mainly on the plain :/
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
crazy :O

I have no idea what humanity will do to deal with it's shit. It's a natural fact that every living organism produces shit, and most industrial systems produce "shit". For modern society even things that aren't "Shit" become "Shit", and things that aren't shit aren't necessarily designed to bio-degrade! Anything that functions pretty much produces shit. When you have millions upon millions of people producing shit and forcing it into ecological systems that couldn't possibly naturally get rid of it you get too much shit ,and then problems.
Really i think modern society is still so much like a child/animal, we fight other children over toys/food and not only that but we still shit our diapers. we think we can sweep it under a rug but that shit still stinks
when it comes down to it the only solution is self-sufficiency, rather than this mass, societal sufficiency.
Do you really mean self-sufficiency? Or are you talking about a small group maybe?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:02 AM       
I just took morphine and have a bit of a cold so sorry if this seems a bit fragmented.

I mean self-sufficiency, but if you're asking if I mean each individual be able to do everything to take care of themselves, then no. Human beings are social animals. I'm thinking more like community or familial self-sufficiency, such as community farming (Food grows from the ground for free), community cooking etc. I know families who grow all their food in their backyard.
I mean really, the detachment from our neighbors in the modern age has made us rely on industry and foreign parties to fulfill our needs, this creates alot of "Problems" or needs in order to maintain this system; such as preservation for food so it doesn't rot (which can involve plastics and chemicals), mass production complexes and higher demands for transportation of goods.

more importantly though the reliance on outside sources for survival has actually degraded our quality of sustanance. Now we eat macdonalds and preserved food which causes sicknesses or at least developmental weaknesses and the air in many places is carcinogenic.

self-sufficiency does alot of good things. For one, we don't need to spend as much money. Two, it's better for the land and resources. Three, it's better for us.
There's alot of other reasons too, like creating more of an actual community or family environment where people are actually in touch with eachother instead of isolated. There's obvious social ramifications of that isolation which make higher integration positive; potentially community integration can make us better human beings, with higher morals and higher ideals. We can also be more in tune with the socialization of our children and fellow man around us, which can raise our intelligence, efficiency and compassion.

of course transition to a system like this could be potentially "Difficult", but that's probably mostly because of laziness. Really it doesn't take all that much to grow your own food. And I know I didn't mention it anywhere above but now a days we have things like solar, wind and water power so we actually don't need to rely on industry for everything.
there's actually some cool houses by here that are BUILT to be solar powered, most of them are pretty cheap too. It's taken fucking long enough. I mean, we all have roofs, it's not like there's some lack. I'm sure there's some issues with solar power though ;/
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM       
What will all the city dwellers do?

So, you're saying that there is some portion of capitalism which is fundamentally self-parasitic and destructive to the system as a whole, but can somehow be snipped out? Isn't growth an essential component of capitalism, however? Isn't "capitalism without capitalism" basically a fascist project?
BANNED

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:08 PM       
i actually had something about centralization but i cut it out because it's so implausible that people would even care about something like decentralization. However, if our society is ever going to progress we're going to need to address these types of problems
the end of my post also said it would be "difficult", but is it difficult as a matter of choice and laziness or just because our society can't reasonably transition? Also, I'm not saying this with any sense of immediacy, just that it's one of the many necessary things for alleviating human problems. I understand transportation problems involved with decentralization and many of the other problems so don't think I'm just ignoring it.

i don't really care if there's capitalism in capitalism, as you said regardless of what capitalism is it's "Self-parasitic and destructive" to have garbage islands bigger than texas(if that's true). Pathology of normalcy. Not only that but I gaurantee you the foods we eat cause developmental problems. Same with carcinogenic air.
Centralization is a huge problem because you have thousands of people shitting within one 5,000 squarefoot building. No ecological system is designed to withstand that much shit, so we have to ship it out to other places which just fucks up ecology elsewhere.
Also I didn't say there shouldn't be growth or progression, just that it should take a more reasonable form. Again, I understand transitions are difficult and may take some time. Although I do think capitalism has "grown" enough. Enough people are breeding, humanity doesn't even need to breed anymore. Reproduction is supposed to be a biological necessity, and yet it's not anymore. Yet, the people who reproduce the most are often poor which causes negative sociolization, and poor people have to rely on poor foods which cause developmental problems. I really think thereshould be a limit on how much people are allowed to breed. Two children per two adults is fine.

Anyway I don't know why Growth and progression are recognized as the same thing as centralization and industry, if anything that seems a bit ethnocentric and sub speci saeculi. What exactly is "Growth"? To me it seems like an empty, cancerous concept. LETS GROW BUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CHECKS AND BALANCES AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS THE MORE PEOPLE WE HAVE THE BETTER. Quantity without Quality?
Not only that but a system that's designed explicitley to meet the needs of an ever complexing, ever growing populace does not mean you've "Grown". The only reason we have industry and centralization is to attempt to meet the needs of gigantic, unnecessary population. It's not growth so much as trying to keep up with yourself.

by the way I'm not trying to imply that industry hasn't helped advance or grow some parts of our society, just that, at best, it's a transitional phase and that it isn't the endall of progression and growth.

city dwellers will have to move and quit being reliant on a city to provide their needs.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:35 PM       
I can't imagine my brain over analyzing stuff like that :/ It's pretty simple stuff. I cut grass at a Water treatment plant like anything population growth is taken into consideration when having to deal with how much poop and waste has to be handled. Third world countries that do nothing are the problem, not countries that are trying to slowly be green.
BANNED

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:16 PM       
yea because countries that have one hundred thousand people (or whatever third world countries have) are going to create more waste problems than countries that have a 300 million.
I've never heard of a non-industrial nation creating ridiculous amounts of waste/pollution(not that they don't have any but it's alot easier to manage). Probably for a couple of reasons, A) third world countries don't have lots of technology B) Third world countries usually eat farm food instead of processed and C) there's not millions of people shitting everywhere in third world countries and their ecology can handle the amount of shit they have.
It's nice that we're trying to slowly become green but that doesn't mean the problem is gone and it doesn't mean the problem will be resolved.

uh, and those "Third world countries"(i really don't think you meant third world countries i think you meant other industruous nations that don't have environmental ordinances and such) that are "the problem" they would also suffer from industry, centralization and overpopulation.

"population growth is taken into consideration when having to deal with how much poop and waste has to be handled. "

So because they know how much poop they are handling the problem of too much waste is resolved? thanks for simplifying things.
Do you think I was saying that we have too much shit for our water treatment plants to handle? That's not what I was saying at all. What I was saying is that we already have too many people creating too much waste and there's no proper method of handling it or controlling it, because believe it or not forcing all of your trash and waste into the ocean or into rural areas doesn't make the waste problem disappear(hat's why i said we like to sweep our trash under the rug), because waste doesn't just disappear magically. It has to Biodegrade which often takes time, and non biological things don't biodegrade very well.
Furthermore, the amount of waste we produce in proportion to the time it takes to biodegrade has gotten to the point where we produce more waste than is being biodegraded. I hope that last statement clarified my position.

the one thing ill concede is that technological advances make cleaner, more efficient living possible.. but that's pretty much been the point of what I was saying when I said things like, "Industry is a transitional phase." We have to use that technology for it to help, though.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM       
All my comedy gold down the pooper Oh well, I'm sure It's still lingers and pollutes someones mind.
BANNED

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 03:17 PM       
how do you think I feel after I so sauvely manuevered and predicted responses.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM       
This thread has been given a second chance. It's a miracle.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM       
Quote:
Cook the noodles and veg in water the usual 3 minutes. Drain almost all the water from the pan. Mix the ramen flavor packet and the dried spices in the wet part of the pan, and distribute among the noodles. Add a big spoonful of peanut butter and sort of melt/toss it throughout the noodles.
Recreate your own spill and eat it.
BANNED

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 10:19 PM       
now fartin mowler can spend this christmas miracle kissing my ass instead of making me repeat what I said.