Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stark is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:48 AM        blathergate
*link*

Quote:
TV news show sorry for Kerry 'joke'
From correspondents in Washington
October 2, 2004

AMERICA'S Fox News apologised today for posting phoney quotes from US Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its website.

Carl Cameron, a Fox reporter who covers the Kerry campaign, wrote an item that had looked like a news story but had made-up Kerry quotes, said Paul Schur, a Fox spokesman.

The item was not intended to be posted on the site.

"Carl made a stupid mistake which he regrets," Mr Schur said. "And he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment.

"It was a poor attempt at humour."

The phoney item read in part:

"Rallying supporters in Tampa Friday Kerry played up his performance in Thursday night's debate in which many observers agreed the Massachusetts senator outperformed the president.

"'Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!' Kerry said Friday."

The item also quoted Kerry as saying of himself and President George W. Bush: "I'm metrosexual - he's a cowboy."

After withdrawing the item, Fox posted a statement on its website apologising for the error.

It said: "The item was based on a reporter's partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast. We regret the error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice."

Mr Cameron had been a political reporter for Fox News since 1996, Mr Schur said.

Asked about the incident, Kerry spokesman David Wade said: "America would be stronger if only George Bush could admit his mistakes as easily."

The Associated Press
I don't like to generalize but you'd have to be an ignorant piece of shit to believe he'd say that. I guess that's why fox thought their viewership would be fine with it. Even if Kerry thought something like that he wouldn't say it where he could be quoted.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:35 PM       
I like David Wade's response.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:02 PM       

"Carl Cameron and a bunch of his buddies were snorting adderall and smoking pot the other night, and around 3 or 4 in the morning one of them got a little antsy with the post button. We extend our deepest apologies to the democorpse--sorry, the democratic candidate and his campaign," Schur was quoted as saying at a press conference, "We sincerely hope that this does not influence voter opinion any more than the blatant war crimes and atrocities committed under the current regime-- ah! Administration! I meant to say administration!"
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:07 PM       
Were you just watching MTV?

People smoked pot and snorted adderall on this true life show that was just playing
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:37 PM       
I don't watch very much TV at all, let alone MTV.
True Life, though? Sounds like they've got camera crews around my old group of friends. That's what we used to do -- get high, snort adderall or percoset, get drunk and talk all night about anything and everything. They still do. I've learned some really fucked up things about my friends from alcohol, opiate, and/or speed-induced honesty.
I think it's strange that you have to watch TV to find out what the bulk of post-highschool non-college students are doing. Almost everyone my age, in my area, is into shoving some kind of pill up their nose. It's pretty pathetic.

Of course, I'm sitting at home, alone on a Saturday night posting on message boards and grilling burgers for myself.
I guess it's better than being a drug addict, but it's not nearly as exciting.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women