Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 11:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imadjinn
Well excuse me for not being a MGS nut...

Stupid little fucktard bicth.
I won't excuse you for not knowing that it is in fact Big Boss who is the main character in MGS 3 because EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE INTERNET KNEW THAT. ALMOST EVERY BOARD HAS ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IT. INCLUDING THIS ONE. ALSO, THE FACT THAT IT IS BIG BOSS HAS ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED A MINIMUM OF FOUR TIMES ON ALL OF THOSE BOARDS.

I'm not an MGS nut. I haven't the slightest intention of even buying it because stealth games are not my forte or even remotely my favourite.

I am about as far as one could get from an MGS nut, and I knew this. This has nothing to do with me being a "Stupid little fucktard bicth" or whatever the hell that means, this only has to do with you being as observant as a dead slug.

I'm guessing that you have the brain capacity of a turkey. Try to not die of a heart attack when you hear paper flap in the wind. And yes, this actually happens to turkeys.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 03:16 PM       
yeah theyre is a guy who can control bees, a spider man kinda guy, a guy who is really old and has "plant like abilitys". The main boss guy can control electricty and "The boss" is a master of CQC (close quarters combat) shes mean, she breaks your gun in half everytime you meet her
Quote:
Is there evil villains with superpowers again?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 05:20 PM       
And a young aryan Ocelot. I loved the Begining H.A.L.O. Drop scene and the part where Ocelot is juggling Revolvers.
I thought You were snake in this game!? Isn't Big Boss the guy who gets his balls crushed? And WTF is up with that Faggot White guy? Is he supposed to be GreyFox?
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 06:04 PM       
No thats sokolov. This isnt zansabar and Grey fox wasnt until a little before MGS1.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 03:11 AM       
This post is definitely gonna have some SPOILERS in it, so don't read if you can't handle it.

This game more than any other made me realizing that Konami is shooting at something a little bigger then just video games in the stuff they put out. They're going for experiences, not games. Metal Gear Solid 3 is a complete experience. I hated the gameplay itself, because I realized that I need the radar to live. But the cutscenes kept me going, and that really says something. This is kind of how it is in the Silent Hill games for me also...I wish Konami could somehow up their gameplay a bit so I don't feel like I'm just continually working for minute-long FMV's.

Some highlights, in no particular order:

I thought the Sorrow battle was brilliant. I'd killed so many people with the throat-slit by the time I met him, so it was kinda intense. My favorite MGS boss so far, even including Mantis.

I really liked the ladder scene. Beautifully constructed and extremely simplistic. It reminded me of Silent Hill, with the long corridor, and I liked that.

I would've paid $50 just to see Ocelot's hand gestures for two hours.

The ending was fucking RIDICULOUS. I beat Volgin for the last time at 1:30 AM. I just beat the game, tonight, at 3:00 AM. I beat Boss on my first try. The other hour and 25 minutes were nothing but wandering around with an injured EVA and insane cutscenes. The whole Ocelot deal was great, and I know they're tieing up some ends, but Jesus Christ.

I will say, though, I got a little teary-eyed at Boss' grave.

Game did a good job of shifting my emotions. I hated Boss, then I hated EVA, then I loved everyone

I like the Cobras much, MUCH more than I like Dead Cell. Fortune was cool, but Vamp and Fat Man pale to The End. pale

I really loved the game, but the sad thing is, I'm not remembering any of it right now, which might be a measure of it's success. My favorite moments were the ladder and the Sorrow fight, but everything else is just kinda faded.

Aaanyway, it kept me busy from 2 PM to 3 AM today, so I would say it did a good job of keeping me drawn in. There's nothing I'd go back for, though, because it's just that type of game. I'm really not interested in going back and getting new camo's or all the frogs.

So, it gets points for being a cinematic experience, a fitting seal to the trilogy and awesome bosses.

...But loses points for a lack of replayability and the fact that I can't vividly remember anything besides two parts.

8.25/10
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 11:23 AM       
Indeed im glad they tied up almost everything in the end. I got to go play the NES ones to figure out why snake had to fight big boss on zansabar.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 02:03 PM       
I only got to watch a friend play it. He said he just finished the first boss. Is there actually a Metal Gear in this game? I've heard alot of people say there isn't.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 02:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
I'm playing it now.

I gotta say, I hated it at first. You can't do what I used to do, which is run out and kill a massload of people, then run away and hide while the next wave comes in, occasionally running past guards. In this one, you're in a completely open environment and there's no radar.
You never played it on hard or extreme before? Extreme is almost too hard to be enjoyable, get caught and it is game over. Never could beat the army of Rex's at the end in that mode...
...for breakfast?!
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 02:41 PM       
No, I always just play it on Normal and leave it alone, as I do with all games. I just rented it because I knew I'd beat it in a few days and wouldn't be inclined to do the Hard / Extra Hard difficulties.

Arrow, there is something of a Metal Gear, sorta kinda. It's called the Shagohod. I'll let you figure out the rest.
...for breakfast?!
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 10:29 PM       
Can someone please make me a video of Ocelot meowing? Please?
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 05:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
Can someone please make me a video of Ocelot meowing? Please?
that kinda ruined it for me I cant take him serious at all now
I mean come on cant he just say "come out troops" or somthing like that.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM       
I'm addicted to this game, which sucks because I can only play like 20 minutes at a time.

was anyone else annoyed by the james bondish intro in this one.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 01:17 PM       
Yeah, the theme song was really annoying. And Ocelot looked too much like Doogie Houser.

I just beat the game, and Im satisfied. I Loved the CQC, and the boosfights were pretty creative eventhough some were rediculously easy IMO. I was pretty impressed with the story too.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 01:48 PM       
is this the last one or are they gonna have one more that takes place after sons of liberty?
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 02:03 PM       
this is hideo's last MGS game, but they are making a metal gear solid 4 without him aparently

Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 03:12 PM       
OH hell

Hideo had a part in the New Godzilla Movie He designed the Super Flying Drill Nosed Submarine Gotengo.

I hated the 2nd one when I had to kill all of those Rays
...for breakfast?!
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dudefather
this is hideo's last MGS game, but they are making a metal gear solid 4 without him aparently
...What?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 06:09 PM       
Hideo is a person I am assuming. And this will be the last Metal Gear Solid he will be apart of. They plan to make a fourth one thou just without Hideo.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 08:18 PM       
WHAT?

Whiter than Alabaster
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM       

Hideo Kojima

he directed all the mgs games. you may have seen his name flash on screen during the psycho mantis fight

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 09:44 PM       
Jesus christ 8.5 for a game with no gameplay because it's a cinematic experience? Weird scale.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 10:41 PM       
seriously I'm only playing right now to get to the cutscenes, and It's still fun as hell..
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 10:39 PM       
I think the gameplay is pretty good. SCHIMID MUST BE A LOSER FOR NEEDING A STUPID RADAR LOL. I'm stuck in THE END fight. Can't seem to find enough times, but still, really really creative and fun. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I also like putting on the Zombie paint and pulling out the 12 gauge for some good old fashoned BODY PILES :O
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 11:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dudefather

Hideo Kojima
DAMN YOU MOBYGAMES!!!

...for breakfast?!
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 02:21 AM       
Nonono, stupids, I know who Kojima is.

But why would they ever think it could succeed without him at the mast?

He puts in those little parts that you just adore. I can't tell you how much I loved one of the final cutscenes when you're speaking with Volgin, and The Sorrow is holding up a timer.