Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSeNCe
Quote:
Originally Posted by juttin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSeNCe
Quote:
As for MMO,you never said RPG,so I'm saying RE:Outbreak.....ONLINE.
It's true that RPG isn't in the subject, but MMO is. So either way, you're retarded. Might as well strike up a convo about Doom 3, or Splinter Cell while you're at it

Well,that game kinda is meant for online play,and it's multiplayer,and alot of people play it, so it's totally-fucking-justified
MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online. This means hundreds or thousands of players in one big world. RE: Outbreak allowed what? 4 people per game? 8 tops? It doesn't make a game MMO just because a lot of people play it. You obviously don't have the knowledge to function in this thread.

Well,they're still in a lobby,and stuff....

Y'know what? Fuck you
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:08 PM       
Graal Online is A Link to the Past, only online. You can customize your character from an almost limitless supply of faces, shields, swords, and bodies, and if you didn't like what the game had to offer for looks, you could just go and make your own sprites. When it was free, it was an almost criminally fun and rewarding social experience where only 25% of the people were PKing assholes, and could be played for hours on end.
But now Stefan has turned into a hitler-wannabe and started charging fees for accounts that can save progress, and has raped all of the worlds beyond recognition, rendering it unplayable.

I look back on the days of 1337 5k!11z that Delteria's theif class had to offer, and how much fun it was, and I cry.

EDIT: Era is still a playable server, but it's really hard to do anything because everyone has better guns than you
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:26 PM       
graal
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM       
You know it was awesome
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM       
i played it briefly around 2000-2001 and from what i remember it was a bunch of sprites ripped off of other, better games where you could run around and talk at people. it was basically a chatroom with graphics
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:51 PM       
On some servers like Classic it was really plot-based and there were lots of quests to go on with people and crap, but since everyone else had already done everything in the game I had to go on all the quests by myself.

Delteria was the best
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM       
I'll just post some nonsense on some of the ones I've played.

Ultima Online:I've played UO since 1998. Sure you start out frustrated but by the time you give it a chance you have a lot of reasons to play. It was my first MMORPG and the "newness" is probably what got me hooked at first but now that all this time and effort has been put into it, I just can't stop. UO provides customizability unlike any other MMORPG. It also does things differently than any other MMORPG. The skill system is unique and enjoyable instead of just leveling. The game now does have a "safe" facet which bugs me personally. I tend to do all my stuff on Fellucca. The fact that you can just be a profession (lumberjack, miner, blacksmith, bowyer, cook and so on) instead of your run of the mill "hero" type is pretty cool. The player run events are excellent.

Dark Ages:This is one I played since "DEOCH 11" I quit playing it but what I liked about it was the way the world was run. Player guards, player judges and so on. The community was excellent when it first started. Since then it has become overrun with morons.

Guild Wars: Been playing for a little less than a month now. It's pretty cool. I like the change of pace from regular MMORPGs since it really isn't one. The game is enjoyable so far.

Asheron's Call: Highly underrated. This game was awesome. Housing was available with the first expansion which added to the immersion. I only played on Dark Tide (think that was the name) the pvp server and if you thought UO was bad in terms of being slaughtered at any given point, this one was worse. I enjoyed that about it though. The fear kept it fun. The gameplay was more action oriented than anything out at the time which was excellent. You could actually dodge stuff and so on. I quit playing but have very fond memories of this one.

Asheron's Call 2: They really disappointed me here. They forgot what made the first one fun. It is now no longer in existence.

Rubies of Eventide: This one went under quick. I remember beta testing the original build. I actually liked that better than when they turned it into a standard MMORPG. Nothing great here.

DAoC: The RvR in this is the main grab and it is excellent. I haven't played since probably 2003 but really enjoyed my time in the game. The whole concept is pretty cool. I played a Hibernia and Midgard character. Good balance and a fun enviroment.

Meridian 59: The old school. Started it all. Never really got into the game because of the weird pay setup. They have since changed that and even upped the graphics a bit. If you want to get into a first person (daggerfall like) mmorpg, this is it.

Everquest: Played this for a while but was too into UO at the time. It consumed one of my friends which is pretty much why I despise the game but it did have a grand vision. Only WoW has surpassed the crazy fan base that this game had.

World of Warcraft: Quit playing this but it is a very good game. It doesn't really do anything special but it does a lot of stuff really well. Great execution.

Mimesis: Not really worth it. The game looks pretty good and I enjoyed the setting but the engine just sucked.

There: Like Second Life but I enjoy this one more. I have a lifetime account from beta testing it. The customizability is very cool.

Underlight: Very similar to Meridian 59 in it's setup but a sci fi type setting. Interesting but not very good.

Matrix Online: Unfortunately this one turned out to be really boring. I enjoyed the setting but didn't enjoy the game.

Shattered Galaxy: From the same creators of KotW and DA. This one was pretty interesting. Futuristic setting and the ship battles were pretty cool. Nothing that really kept me playing but it was a interesting beta test.

EQOA: EQ on the PS2. This actually was quite a bit different than EQ in its engine. The game was more action based. I enjoyed it til about level 30 then just quit playing. Fun while it lasted and better than FFXI

FFXI: The world was cool looking but the game itself was slow paced and pretty boring. The only real thing I liked about it was that you could try each job with one character.

That's all I can think of right now.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 03:37 PM       
i loved and still love soldat
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM       
I loved DAOC. I've been thinking of playing it again. I pretty much ha a few classes for every realm. ;(

Do any of you still play it?
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM       
Earth & Beyond: Fuck you, EA.
ABSeNCe is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM       
Quote:
Well,they're still in a lobby,and stuff....

Y'know what? Fuck you
owned
Lurker extreme
Maverick Zero Unit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:55 PM       
FFXI:O - Wonderful graphics, cross platform, semi-interesting story, but takes FOREVER to level and just bout as long to get the equipment to meet your level. The best part, AF gear. The AF gear made you look like the original character from an earlier FF game. EX: Red Mages or RDM, had red armor and a pimp hat. Dragoons or DRG had full plate armor and thier helmets were shaped like dragon heads.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 10:23 PM       
How come nobody else has mentioned APB?
Keg Whore
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 01:11 AM       
Huh?
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 03:08 AM       
All Points Bulletin

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 01:01 PM       
Quote:
How come nobody else has mentioned APB?
cause supposedly it isn't going to come out til 2007 right?

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 02:34 PM       
Yea, but a lot of people are complaining about MMO's being the same and shit. Well, this one's going to be completely different.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM       
That's what they ALL claim.
Lurker extreme
Maverick Zero Unit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Graal Online is A Link to the Past, only online.
I forgot bout that game. It rocked so much, thats where my s/n came from. But those bastards globally banned my account after it got hacked. Before that though, I was an unkknown oldbie.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Harty
That's what they ALL claim.
It's the first of its kind. It literally going to be nothing like any MMO you've ever played. If you haven't heard about it, it's basically MMO GTA.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 05:31 AM       
spammer
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Zero Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Graal Online is A Link to the Past, only online.
I forgot bout that game. It rocked so much, thats where my s/n came from. But those bastards globally banned my account after it got hacked. Before that though, I was an unkknown oldbie.
My account got banned from my favorite server because someone used a trainer on it
Keg Whore
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:31 PM       
For some reason, APB's video had me leaving... wait, that was just a promo video right?
Puddle Pirate!
Vexation is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM       
Huxley looks better the APB
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 10:40 AM       
I play Maple Story, its simple and fun. But not nearly as good as the leading brand.

I know you don't know what this picture means, but its impressive I assure you.