Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 04:32 PM        I SUPPORT ANARCHY
cuz the govrnmnt sux
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 05:14 PM       
I support totalitarianism because the masses suck.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 05:20 PM       
I support an Aristocracy because I believe that a patrician sense of responsibility will compensate for the inherent apathy of the common class and the over indulgant tendancies of the government.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 05:51 PM       
In soviet russia communism supports you
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 06:05 PM       
Yeah, that was the idea. Turned out pretty well, too, didn't it? :P
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 06:59 PM       
Quote:
I support an Aristocracy because I believe that a patrician sense of responsibility will compensate for the inherent apathy of the common class and the over indulgant tendancies of the government.
Seriously, you don't see in how many ways the system you're proposing can and would be abused? Plato supported much of the same for the biggest part of his life only to deny his beliefs in old, old age, almost 2300 years ago. Why don't you reconsider now that you've got a head-start, hm?
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 07:16 PM       
Anarchy could work.

But it never will. People would be forced to establish governments, probably much like mob organizations in order to protect themselves or to take advantage of others weaknesses.

If we were all virtuous and educated then it would be the only acceptable form of government. :/
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 07:50 PM       
Left-anarchism forces you to be virtuous. Anarcho-capatilism forces you to be intelligent and purely self-motivated.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 08:28 PM       
when i was in high school, people would shout anarchy as they turned the phones on the phonebooth upside down.... it still made a dial tone, asshole.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 08:30 PM       
"Why don't you reconsider now that you've got a head-start, hm?"

There can be no perfect form of government until there are perfect people friend. I realize in philosophical matters, and certainly metaphysical, you are more than my match, but consider this:

All political ideaologies are cyclical. A never ending loop of reactionary philosophies born of dystopic realities and disillusioned spirits. No matter what we embrace now, it will, at best, be a temporary solution. Plato was a bit of an idiot, his work the Republic was viewed by my Forefathers as a farce, and I heartily agree. . .So, if the best we can hope for is a temporary solution, it really doesn't matter at all which we choose. Viewing things in the context of my country alone, where more money was spent by the Government pursuing Microsoft than keeping tabs on known terrorists, I think we would most benefit by a powerful and influential Aristocracy.

Not to replace the govenrment, but to balance it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 11:02 PM       
THE GOVENMENT SUX K THX
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 11:09 PM       
I support fascism as long as I'm in charge.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 01:01 PM       
i thought you just supported fascism for no reason blanco..
when did you become in charge?

i think anarchy could work AFTER we have peace on earth and an embracing of earth as one co-existing family.. which is probably hundreds of generations off if we survive corporate enslavement.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 01:31 PM       
I SUPPORT ANARCHISTS. To an extent.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 01:33 PM       
Anarchy will always be a pipe dream. People need society and society needs rules. There is no other way to reconcile human diversity and make people get along.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 01:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
People need society and society needs rules.
Err... I think you meant to say "People need government..."

And I'd like to hear why people can't all jus' get along.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
All political ideaologies are cyclical. A never ending loop of reactionary philosophies born of dystopic realities and disillusioned spirits. No matter what we embrace now, it will, at best, be a temporary solution. Plato was a bit of an idiot, his work the Republic was viewed by my Forefathers as a farce, and I heartily agree. . .So, if the best we can hope for is a temporary solution, it really doesn't matter at all which we choose. Viewing things in the context of my country alone, where more money was spent by the Government pursuing Microsoft than keeping tabs on known terrorists, I think we would most benefit by a powerful and influential Aristocracy.

Not to replace the govenrment, but to balance it.
Ah, the short-term solution. I am drastically less against what you propose in that context. In fact, I believe any govermental change to be inherent to the dynamic that constantly refines political practise for the benefit of us all. For example, the shift into fascism which created the second world war was the mother of great atrocities against humanity. But it also brought the awareness that such tragedy brings. This awareness then applies to all modern political thought, and it's memory steers humanity in a direction I find more efficient.

In that sense, your aristocracy, if applied (until it is replaced by the next thing) would provide more important political memory to the whole of humanity.

As to your suggestion that history moves in circles, I adhere to the Marxist (boo! shame!) refinement of this idea, that history moves in a spiral. The direction of this spiral, if any is debatable, but this spiral geometrically narrowing in diameter I believe to be fact. Thinking in this way, humanity IS growing, working towards a something, even if the majority of men fail to acknowledge this, because they dissagree with it or because they're not equipped to make such judgement all-together.

Two steps forward, one step back as it were.

As to a more long-term solution in forms of goverment, I believe a form of libertarian (not nec. in the way you americans use the term, the more traditional concept of maximum freedom) anarchocommunism would eventually be applied when the balance of geopolitical power is no longer a pressing issue (by means of stellar expansion, most possibly), and the nature of man as an instinctual beast has been adequately leashed. Obviously, such a system of goverment would rely much on self-control and moderation, but I believe those qualities to be universally attainable given the proper education, genetic conditioning and gradual readjustment of the collective unconscious.

Edit: Oh and to say that Plato is an idiot is to brand yourself as someone who hasn't read his collected works. I might dissagree with 90% of what was attributed to him, but I believe words such as 'idiot' should be used in describing people such as Vincezeb, and not one of the most influental philosophers of all time.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:22 PM       
I'm all for Noah's-archy.
Mocker
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
i thought you just supported fascism for no reason blanco..
when did you become in charge?
In due time. In due time.

Quote:
i think anarchy could work AFTER we have peace on earth and an embracing of earth as one co-existing family.
And thats going to happen as soon as humanity is wiped off the face of the Earth.

Quote:
which is probably hundreds of generations off if we survive corporate enslavement.
Same old same old from you.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:56 PM       
I'd support Calvinism but I'm scared of another Beat Happening box set.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
And I'd like to hear why people can't all jus' get along.
Right. Mom, can I be a loony idealist, too?
Mocker
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 03:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
I'd support Calvinism
Fine, but I ain't dressing up as a tiger.

Anti-Xocial is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 03:42 PM       
I don't think is necissary that a dictionary definition of anarchy be presented, but I do find it interesting that so many people support it. Personally, I don't think that a system can really be based on anarchy in the long run. Anarch is temporary...throughout time and ages, man has needed to establish some form of order in whatever kind of surrounding chaos. "Lord Of The Flies" gives you a good look into that world. It would be dillusional to think that anything can be established if based on anarchy, rather than to think that anarchy can "shake things up" a bit and then we resume life in a different order or pattern once again...and hopefully for the better.

Come to think of it: ANARCHY .....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
incurable paranoiac is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
I'd support Calvinism but I'm scared of another Beat Happening box set.

priceless.
BANNED

Old Oct 13th, 2003, 04:09 PM       
I started this thread in memory of all the 14 year old anarchists. Long live their schooling days.

Anarchy can also be a state of mind, a philosophy, almost.