Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:22 AM        Did i do the wrong thing?
Aight i guess it's my turn to ask for alittle advice or insight here:

Situation was this...

I'm minding my own business this last firday online and i get an icq from an unknown source... After checking out the ICq details it turns out this person is from the town i live in. Thinking this rather coy, i went ahead and responded. We started to chat.

Turns out we went to Highschool together and she was 2 years behind me... In fact turns out we had the same class together and beyond that , i apparently used to write this girl notes and shit (pardon me if i dont remeber the exact person hehe i used to write all types of notes to girls in those days- i was quite verbose)

Anyways we exchange pictures etc just for fun. After about a half an hour she had to leave... So i basically ask if would be cool to meet up for coffee sometime and catch up on old times... She said she thought it would be a delightful idea... I type her my phone number , asked for hers, and it was sent offline (She left before i could get it to her)

Anyways, next day i figure she will get my offline message and get back to me... Well the next day she logs in and hits me up on ICQ we chat some more, (she didnt even bring up the fact that i gave her my number and i requested hers) I asked her politely if she recieved my message- no response... Then it seems like she was having net issues or something , she kept on going online and offline... I ask if she is having net issues and she responds that it seemed that way... Anyways i had to leave for the night and seeing as i had her E-mail address, i figured i would drop her a note.

I write her an e-mail and tell her my schedule and that i think it would be nice to meet up. After sending it i noticed i made a few typo's so, i wrote back with corrections and a goofy joke about the errors "how i sholda paid more attention in the class we had" (which i believe was creative writing) - I Think the typo was something stupid like - i worded it like it was "her idea" to meet up- which it wasnt ... i was the one who brought it up- so to be nice and not to give the wrong impression i clarified it... (I type up e-mails very quick normally- a force of habit from working in tech support)

Anyways it's been about 2 days and i havent heard back from her, believe me i'm not trying to flip out here, i just think it wierd that she never got back w meon this and i'm a little worried to bring it up again next time we talk. I dont want her to get the wrong idea here, and nagging someone doesnt seem like the way to go.

Do you guys think i was outa line by writing an email to this girl? For all i know she hasnt even checked her mail yet so it's way to soon for me to think she is ignoring me.... Also maybe she was having internet issues when i I'm'd her and she never knew i was trying to get her number... I dunno sounds goofy to me... Wouldnt it make more sense for someone to just say , " to be honest with you, i dont feel comfortable giving you my phone number at this time, maybe after chatting more or something" -she hasnt clarified anything at this point...

So i guess my question is this, should i even bring it up to her next time we chat or should i just ignore and let it go? Also was i out of line by emailing this girl?

I suppose there is always the chance she never got my ICQ message, and she hasnt checked her email yet...

I think she was quite beautiful personally and when she saw the pic i sent her she was mentioned she thought i didnt look all that bad. (at least she didnt reply- FUCK YOU UGLY MAN or anything like that heheh)

What yout think? I prolly make this sound like it bugs me more than it does... It's not really a big deal, but i would hate to think i was out of line - and i constantly second guess myself... a bad habit..
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:04 PM       
I don't think you were out of line at all. If she doesn't get back to you, assume she is either A. not interested or B. having internet problems.
But don't send her another e-mail or anything. It would seem like you are too desperate.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:24 PM       
I recommend sending 10 more e-mails, all with those read receipts attached, each one creepier than the last. Suggest meeting at her house in the last one.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:39 PM       
I can't believe you're still a virgin, Chimp.....
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:51 PM       
Neither can I. This is totally bunk.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:59 PM       
Don't freak out. Your meeting this girl was pretty much coincidence and maybe she was just consenting to meeting you in the same way old friends say "hey, we gotta do something sometime somewhere" and then never speak to each other again. I mean, yeah, you kinda sound as if you had your fifth date last night and now you're sweating by the phone.

Next time you talk to her, make no mention of it. If she's honestly just been lacking time or having technical problems to make more of setting up a meeting, she'll sooner or later bring it up herself. If she's not interested in anything other than a loose online contact, she won't. Or just try it again in a week or two, and like Homer says, play it cool until then.
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 01:43 PM       
I agree FS- After re-reading what i wrote it does come across as you said (like i was really sweating it) I'm not losing any sleep over this by any means, but i think it wold be cool at least to meet up i suppose. I have a bad knack for blowing things out of proportion i admit.

Guys thnx for the advice- Just so happens she logged into icq about 15-20 ago.. I said wassup and we chatted for a few minutes, then she brought up the idea of meeting up again- i said that would be great and then i asked if she had gotten my email. She mentioned no, anyways to make along story short, she gracisouly (she certainly didnt have to) gave me her cell and we have plans to meetup this thur-

So cool- I have no expectations really, if anything it'll be nice to catch up on old times.

Now the next question- Flowers? Yes no? I have no idea what intentions this girl has really... I dont even know if she has a boyfriend really... (Not to sit her and assume she would actually like me or anything) I'm not talking roses or anything , just something nice... I dunno i have Always brought flowers on all of my dates but I am starting to get the idea that some girls may take it the wrong way. Maybe one of you can shed some light...

Also - I know the first rule is to play it cool... Stupid question- What are good "PLay it cool" building excersizes i mean that half jokingly of course, but what do you guys do in situations like these?

This isnt the first time ive gone out with a girl or anything hehehe .. but it is the fist time i asked for advice about it...so i'll take anything thats given into consideration.
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 02:50 PM       
No flowers. No gifts. You're just meeting her for coffee or whatever.

Playing it cool is much harder to do than everyone says it is.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 02:54 PM       
I think a giant trophy that says "Wolrd's Greatest Date" on it would be quite appropriate.
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 03:05 PM       
Quote:
Playing it cool is much harder to do than everyone says it is.
No doubt!

I agree with you about the flowers and shit too...

From here on out call me MR Fonz