Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 06:41 AM        The Greatest Hits/Reduced Price Games Thread
This should be sticky.

I just realized that we really don't have a thread to talk about games that have gone down in price. Sometimes, an item will just slip past you, or maybe there was a game that you didn't want to pay $50 for. But some of those games are now less than half the price they once were. And for $20, it might be worth checking them out now.

And sometimes, you don't know that a game's lower in price unless you go and look for it. And even then, you don't exactly know what games you should look into now.

So yeah. This thread should be about Greatest Hits games or games that are cheaper in price now, and should constanly be updated with new additions.

Just last week, I bought Jak & Daxter, and Rachet & Clank. Now, I've kind of turned away from platformers, but after Sly Cooper, and a desire for some simpler games to break up my constant RPG playing, I figured I'd pick these up.

Jak & Daxter - PS2 - Platformer/Adventure: A very fun game, but also very short. I was able to beat it just a little over 3 days, so if you don't think you'd ever play the game again after beating it, you might just want to rent it. There's not much to do in the game, except collect orbs and power cells, and you don't get new skills as you progress through the game. The skill level isn't very high either, save for a few moments. And the various levels are pretty straightforward, where you end up completing the objectives as you go through the levels more often than not. But the levels are huge, and there's usually a lot to do in them. So aside from it being a little short and easy, it's a great game for the price.

Ratchet & Clank - PS2 - Platformer/Adventure: Much better than Jak (not to dismiss how great that game is, though). The levels are equally huge, but slightly easier to navigate and more inspired, and they branch off into various paths that will lead to new items and eventually wrap back around so you aren't backtracking and getting easily lost. You'll also find yourself using your newer items and weapons in past levels to access new areas to obtain gold bolts and skill points. The storyline here is also better than Jak's, featuring a Pixar-like style of humor and design. The gadgets and weapons are really where it's at, though. Each one is unique and has a purpose. You'll be changing your items frequently, instead of just sticking to one or two for the whole game, and they even help you develop strategies for handling enemies and getting through levels. If you had to pick one, pick this.

And while we're at it, Sly Cooper's $20 now.

Sly Cooper - PS2 - Platformer/Adventure: The concept of stealth gameplay in an advnture game is great, and going through the levels using your various skills is fluid and fun. It's also a little on the short side, but not as brief as Jak. And there isn't too much to do aside from going into a level, collecting bottles to unlock safes and get new moves and skills, and getting treasure keys to advance in the game. You CAN do Master Thief Sprints, which have you completing levels within a time limit (which can be EXTREMELY HARD), but that's really the only bonus collecting. But the levels are all varied in appearance and style (some have you running across rooftops escaping gunfire, while others have you manning a turret to protect your partners, and others have you racing your van), and like Ratchet, all the moves will come in handy. Only downside is that the moves are only really useful in future levels, and you're not required to go back into past levels for anything. So it's the most straightforward of the three. But it's a great game, with a great style, and playing it now will help you gear up for Sly 2 due out in September.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 08:36 AM       
Final Fantasy X - What can I say about this great game? It really starts to pick up after all the talking. Though a bit cutscene heavy, I recommend it.

SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals - $20 now. If you got a Microphone/Cable Internet/Network Adapter, pick it up. Otherwise leave it in the bin.

Max Payne - Well, some people like it, so people don't. If shooters are your thing, get this, and you won't be disapointed. Beware the MEGA load times.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 01:41 PM       
Hitman2 Xbox- The best non online game on the xbox.

Elder scrolls 3 Morrowind

Wreckless the Yakuza missions.

adam is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 01:54 PM       
You can get Ico for around 10 dollars now. It's a simple Japanese 3rd person adventure game for PS2. It was released in 2001, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the top games for the PS2.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
You can get Ico for around 10 dollars now. It's a simple Japanese 3rd person adventure game for PS2. It was released in 2001, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the top games for the PS2.
that was a launch title right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 10:00 PM       
Beyond Good & Evil is only 20 godamn bucks and its not even a "Greatest Platinum Players" game. It was one of the greatest games I've played in a long time.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.

Demogorgon is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 10:43 PM       
Like arrowx said, Morrowind, so much gameplay time, so many mods to download, a game and two expansions for $30.
Twisted Metal series.
Super Smash Brothers, say what you want but I still love how there is a DO-ABLE counterattack for every attack in that game.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:37 AM       
espn nfl 2k5 and nba 2k5 are coming out at $19.99 too
and this should really be a sticky

SANTO el enmascarado de plata

jaz013 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 04:52 PM       
Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime and Viewtiful Joe are must-haves if you own a GameCube, and all are now in the "Player Choice" lineup, so you can find them under $20.00

butler is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:19 PM       
SuperSmashBrothersMelee, and Pikmin are also $20. Kickass. You should not have a Gamecube and NOT have Melee. It's unheard of.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:46 PM       
I have a place called Deja Vu discs.. and picked up Return of the king for PS2 for 35$...Socom is still expensive here
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 06:18 PM       
i think sfa3 is going for $15 on ps2....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.