Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 11:45 AM        Getting phone numbers
Okay, so in the past three weeks I've been to two different parties (okay the first one was more of a small get-together at a friend's house but I still met quite a few cool people) and at both of these I met cute girls that I found very interesting/attractive.

For example, at the Halloween party last night, I talked to this gorgeous black woman (she had spikey hair and a Dead Kennedys t-shirt OMG *SWOON*) and I think she may have found me cute, because she kept looking at me from across the room. Eventually I went up and talked to her, she told me I looked familiar and she couldn't place where she'd seen me. So I asked her if she went to goth night (where me and Jaeger go to fag it up and play pool with the goths, he goes religiously every week, I go about twice a month on average), and she said she does once in a while. Then her friend (who I knew from years ago, but not very well) said that I look like this one guy they know up in DC. I asked if that was a good thing or a bad thing and they said it was a very good thing. Anyway, I talked with both of these girls for a while and the black girl seemed to think I was funny. Later on I noticed she was still looking over at me quite a bit, and once or twice she gave me a nice smile. So I'm pretty sure she was interested. Maybe it's because I was dressed like a Hawaiian monk, or maybe she thought I was cute, I don't know.

Anyway, eventually I had to leave the party and I didn't get a chance to talk to the girl again. I really wanted to get her phone number or something, but I just don't know how to ask someone I literally just met like 10 minutes ago on a date. I always kind of figured it was more appropriate to wait until the second time you see someone. So basically I just need to know what I should say or do in another situation like this. I THINK I'll see this girl again, because I know her friend, and evidently they are best friends. So if nothing else, the next time I see her friend, I can tell her I found this girl very attractive and I want to know if she's available. Or I may run into her at goth night.

Is it appropriate to ask for a phone number so quickly, and if so, how do you do it without sounding like a desperate doofus?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 12:00 PM       
Is the only way for you to describe girl A from girl B to say that she is black, you racist?

Thanks for all the relevant info, by the way, like is she is shy or does she dress like a slut.

Instead of getting her number straight away, say something like "are you going to x party/goth nite?" and if she says 'yes' then make sure you go and meet her, get her number then.

If she says she doesn't know about said party, ask if she would like to know details, etc - this doesn't have to be a date - you could swap numbers this way. :/
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 01:12 PM       
I found it's best to let liquor be the wind beneath your wings. Thats how I used to get girls phone numbers.

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking a girl you just met that day for her number. If anything it shows her that you are interested in her and unless you are going to see her again at another event in the near future, why not? If she doesn't want to give out her number she won't; or she'll do the hilarious "fake number" bit. But at least you'll know. Then again I met this cute girl at a bar a while back who actually seemed interested in me and I was too pussy to ask for her number so I guess it's easier said than done.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 01:17 PM       
A BLACK GIRL? PROTO ARE YOU CRAZY?
The Goddamned Batman
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 01:28 PM       
BLACK PUNK GIRLS ARE MY KRYPTONITE, OMG
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 01:31 PM       
SHES NOT BLACK IT WAS HER HALLOWEEN COSTUME DUH
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 02:16 PM       
OMG IM NOT GETTIN INVOLVED WITH THIS MANN
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 02:45 PM       
Well, Proto...

One supposes, since you know they go to Faggy Goth Night once in awhile, and you say Jaeger goes every week, why not make it a habit as well? That way, at least if you show up and they're not there, you have someone there to hang out with.

Now, when they DO show up, you walk over to them and say something to the affect of "Hey, remember me from the Halloween party?", etc etc etc. Instant conversation starter.

If the conversation goes well, from there, at the end of it, like if one of you says "I gotta go" and starts to leave, stop her immediately and be all like, "Hey, I had fun talking to you tonight, I hope I get more chances to talk to you again soon. Maybe I could call you sometime?"

It sounds so cheesy but it actually works... assuming you ARE interested, of course.

It kinda sucks if you're in the habit of doing this, as 90% of te names in my black book view me as too close a friend to ever actually date (damn it), but at least you've gotten your foot in the door SOMEWHERE.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 04:40 PM       
Since you know her friend why don't you just ask your friend about her friend. I mean, really you could just as blunt as saying, "So, does your friend have a boyfriend?" I mean, why not ask that? At the worst she'll be childish and be all "ooh, do you like her?" and at best she'll let you know and perhaps may even want to help in setting you guys up...
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 04:48 PM       
Resort to grade school tactics. Talk to the friend of the girl or girls, and learn a little more about them. Have them relay a message to one of both that you'd like to call them or have them call you sometime. It's SHOULD BE more appreciated that you have him ask for you, rather than getting them right from him, so that might earn you a few points.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
BLACK PUNK GIRLS ARE MY KRYPTONITE, OMG
oh hell ya... but mine's asian punk girls. GAME OVER

I think you played your cards brilliantly here and I agree with Skulhedface minus the 'I enjoyed talking to you' line (I wouldn't be able to say it with a straight face) and I say give her your number instead.

If you don't see them again, totally go through the friend thing and James' 'learn a little more about her' is fucking gold.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown

I think you played your cards brilliantly here and I agree with Skulhedface minus the 'I enjoyed talking to you' line (I wouldn't be able to say it with a straight face) .
A straight face might get you LAID It holds ALL power.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:57 PM       
player hater pulled into the game proto's the name
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 09:36 PM       
ALL GIRLS ARE MY KRYPTONITE.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 11:01 PM       
AMEN BROTHER
The Goddamned Batman
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 04:09 AM       
As luck would have it, Jaeger actually knows this girl! I had no idea. He doesn't know her well, but they're acquainted and he is fairly certain she is single.

THE GAME IS AFOOT.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:53 AM       
THERE'S A NEW MAN IN TOOOWN
wreckreation is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:13 PM       
all these ideas suck.

keep it simple stupads

ask if she wants to hang out sometime;

if yes
{
ask for number;
}

else
{
go try someone else;
}

There is no point in getting a girls number if she doesnt wanna hang out and girls WILL give their numbers out and then turn you down on the phone. "Hanging out" is vague enough to not be threatening.

CLICK9 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabby
or she'll do the hilarious "fake number" bit. .
What do guys want a girl to do? Say straight up that you aren't interested in them and wait for the crickets to chirp, the clock hands to linger past each second, perceive the confusion in their eyes and suffer the agonizing, agonizing awkward silence that ensues?

Screw that.

Back to the original topic though, it sounds like the girl is interested from what was written and I think you should hit it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:37 AM       
the difference between me and protoclown is that protoclown goes out and does things with friends

-willie
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:21 PM       
i remember running into this one cute girl while volunteering for my old high school's academic bowl, we talked and talked and we held hands. she left before i had the chance to ask her for her number. the next day i called one of the directors/teachers of the school saying that girl had left her bag in my car and asked if she had her phone number. turned out the girl goes to that school one time a week for intership. i called her at her house and she was delighted, she even apologized for disappearing without saying goodbye. we got together the week after and she seemed cool with it. everything went well and unfortunately she later moved to tennessee. so i guess if i did something like this, chasing after her, lying to people to get her number then there's a good chance of working out for you, proto. i think girls like it when guys are doing the chasing as long as she think he is a cool person.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 12:29 AM       
Fuck it, just give her YOUR number and let her call YOU
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 12:34 AM       
Get your moms to arrange a play date.
Ghost of Fraiser is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
Now protoclown, if you read the book Oliver you will find a chapter in which the young lad finds....
Asspunch McGruf
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:20 AM       
Yea, yea, and tell her you'll show her yours if she'll show you hers.

Then, my friend, teh secks is on.