Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM       
The Simpsons made fun of Family Guy years ago and I rather watch The Simpsons at their worse then Family Guy or South Park at their best.

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 06:56 PM       
that's a shitty lie
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 07:13 PM       
how can anybody see the simpsons as funny now? They hist their prime about 3 years ago.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM       
I'm glad you can save us the trouble of regurgitating the trendy internet thing to say.

it really saves us alot of trouble..
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
The Simpsons made fun of Family Guy years ago and I rather watch The Simpsons at their worse then Family Guy or South Park at their best.
dude u r so hardcore i will never fight you

i think it's interesting that at one point everyone of us, even jixby, was looking foward to family guy coming back. now, this was probably like 2 or 3 years ago, when the news wasnt even all that credible. we all went and bought the dvds, probably watched them a bunch of times. and i remember that a lot of people from here were even excited when news came tht adult swim was picking up family guy. but then, we all started to just hate family guy. any quote or reference to it just makes us angry. i dont think it was the writing staff's fault, i think it was adult swim's fault. they shouldnt have shoved family guy down our throats 24/7 until we got sick of it. they whored it out and it just started getting annoying.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 08:39 PM       
although i will admit i think the new seasons are kind of gay
dipshed
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 08:53 PM       
I like when sideshow bob get hit in the face with a rake.

NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 08:56 PM       
ok
dipshed
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 09:00 PM       
goin' down to south park gonna meet some new friends of mine

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 09:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I'm glad you can save us the trouble of regurgitating the trendy internet thing to say.

it really saves us alot of trouble..
I'm not being trendy. The internet can go fuck its big stupid self in the ass.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 12:59 AM       
I was totally a fag for Family Guy durring its original run. I remember when it wasn't certain weather or not they were coming back for season 3, and I was so hoping they'd be back. I taped every season 3 episode as it aired.

I think Family Guy has always been treated unfairly. When it was an underdog that nobody watched, people (including me) overcompensated the lack of viewers it had by saying it was HILLARIOUSLY GREAT. Now that its reveared by every dumb college aged kid around as being HILLARIOUSLY GREAT, its kinda like "well wait no it actually isnt"

I know its awful to be so concious about what other people think of a show and letting it shape how you make your opinons of it be known, but fucking sue me I'm human

I don't hate family guy! I think it occasionally has some really funny jokes, and the bad jokes don't offend me to the point where I actively dislike the show. I often stumble onto the show kinda groaning but ultimately i end up not minding it, and enjoying parts. If push came to shove i would call it a GOOD show, even. I typically isolate myself in a world of ONLY shows that I like, but when you put it up against ALL of TV and not just the stuff thats on my radar, its good. I don't get the sense that Family Guy is trying to pander to anybody. Same as South Park. I think they are two comedy shows made by people doing things that they genuinely think is funny. And thats more or less a very important part of what makes comedy good. So Family Guy isn't one of the worst shows on telvision. Television would be really fucking good if it was.
dipshed
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:03 AM       
Smithers release the hounds

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:06 AM       
fuck you mark
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:30 AM       
You know what, though. I used to have a boner for Adult Swim back in 2002 and now I can't fucking stand it. At all. Is that a situation where it's gone pretty mainstream and now it's popular, so I don't like it since everyone else does now? Or is it because it actually DID get shitty.

I hear Futurama's coming back for 26 more episodes. I don't know what to think of it yet :/

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim
You know what, though. I used to have a boner for Adult Swim back in 2002 and now I can't fucking stand it. At all. Is that a situation where it's gone pretty mainstream and now it's popular, so I don't like it since everyone else does now? Or is it because it actually DID get shitty.
I was going to be with you, but I've been hooked on the Oblongs and the occasional episode of Mission Hill which I haven't seen forever. I'm glad that they've segregated the funny shows with the anime.

I don't remember the last episode of the Simpsons I saw but I really did not hate it as much as I thought I would. It had a relatively coherent plot and nice unrushed ending, which are some of the pitfalls the bad simpsons episodes. I think alot of people just want to hate it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 02:22 AM       
part of me wants to jump for joy about the futurama thing, because i rate futurama very high in my favorites. another part of me fears that it will get shoved down our throats and become not funny anymore. i dont know what to think :/
dipshed
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 02:28 AM       
The problem is probably alot of the writers went on to other stuff, which can be more devastating then losing a voice actor.

Stay tuned.

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 07:57 AM       
i am optimistic, but cautious about futurama coming back, i loved it back in the day (especialy some of the final episodes) but there is a chance tht some really shitty episodes could make earlier episodes look bad too

Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM       
I'm pretty sure one of the biggest factors of all the people who watched family guy during its original run is when re-runs started airing and all the faggots who didn't watch it before started calling it a new show and repeating the jokes to the point where you just want to fucking murder the series to shut them up.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 12:53 PM       
Please stop regurgitating the general consensus in every movies & television thread you post in.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:39 PM       
Futurama got really preachy towards the end of the last season, and I wonder if it'll be the same way if it comes back. If not, it's going to seem like they dumbed the show down.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 02:13 PM       
i dont think preachy is the right word. if anything, i think it got sappy with all the drama going on. i still really liked the 4th season
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 02:37 PM       
remember 'the sting' and the episode with fry's dog

NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 02:40 PM       
i thought the ending of fry's dog was really really sad poor little doggy
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 02:52 PM       
Man, if they bring it back they're gonna taint the series. Part of me really doesn't want Futurama back

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog