Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 06:35 PM        My screenwriting "career"
I know I'm cross posting from my blog, but I'll post it here.

Why do I care? Why do I have any real hope for my "career" in the first place? It's obvious that my quirky humor isn't reigning in Hollywood right now. Even when I try to sell out, I can't. My pandering to the frat boys just doesn't fly with people. What should I do? Should I throw in the towel, or what? I've already moved onto the next project anyway.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:29 AM       
Selling your writting is really, really hard, and illogical. AND having sold something only makes selling the next thing marginally easier. AND mediums change suddenly and drastically. AND a publisher, agent, editor, or other advocate who really lies you can retie, get fired or die.

To me, all of this means, write what pleases you, try hard to sell it while writting other things that please you, decide in advnace how many chnages you're willing to make to a given piece in order to sell it while writting things that please you and then go on writting things that please you.

Because at least then you are happy writting.

But keep in mind this dvice comes from a 41 year old who's lifetime freelance writting earnings comes to about eight grand.