Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 07:04 AM        Isis - In The Absence Of Truth
I don't know, pretty underwhelming. Maybe it'll grow, but after a good few listens nothing really stands out. Firdous E Bareen, Over Root And Thorn, Dulcinea and Holy Tears would be my pick but it feels as though side-projects like Red Sparowes have bled a bit too much into the mix.

That seems to be the bone of contention from what i've read - everyone agrees it's the natural progression for the band, but whether or not that's a boon for Isis has people divided. For me it sounds like they treading the path Neurosis walked a while ago, mellowing out and slipping away from crunchy dynamics. If anyone had told me the new album would be an Isis-meets-Tool affair I would have shat myself into an early grave, but I don't know. Now i've heard it, I wish they could have kept it a little more beefy.

Anyone like it? Anyone care?
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 07:11 AM       
Outside of the Mosquito Control EP, i don't think anything Isis have done is notable. I can't stand Neurosis, either. The Red Sparowes, however, i do think are awesome.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 03:39 PM       
I haven't really cared much for anything Isis have done, honestly. I do like Neurosis a lot, though.

I think the Red Sparowes are nothing special.

The Ocean's "Fogdiver" is a pretty killer album.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM       
i liked isis until oceanic, when they started to plummet downhill. i don't think i'd even bother with them now haha. i mean they were so heavy and now they are singing about the ocean & touring with tool what the hell

very gay, isis
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 07:17 PM       
Yeah I love Fogdiver, I got Fluxion expecting the same but was kind of disappointed. The Melancholy Epidemic is mammoth! You might like Mouth Of The Architect, haven't heard from them in a while but their EP was pretty monstrous. As for Neurosis, who knows. They're playing in London November time but I'm not sure if i'll make it - shame, cos they'll probably bust out some new tunes.

As for Isis, they were still OK in my book with Panopticon. Yeah, they were an absolute freight train with Mosquito Control, SGNL>05 and that. I guess once the clean vocals started the old Isis was finished. But shit, they're still one of my favourite bands. I'm just glad I caught their Oceanic tour with Jesu, I really wouldn't be surprised if they're sat down for the upcoming promo and christ there are some shit Tool fans out there.