Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:43 PM        Who will the Republicans run?
All this talk about Hillary, Obama, and Edwards made me realize that I haven't a clue who is going to be on the Republican ticket.

Would they actually put cheney up there? I don't think Rice has been getting trotted around enough. McCain and Rudy wouldn't get their own party to support them.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM       
Well, Brownback's in as of this weekend, so so far you've got him, McCain, Rudy and Mitt Romney. I've also heard Ron Paul is gonna go for it, but he's a Libertarian. One way or the other, get ready to vote for an also ran if you're looking for a conservative candidate. The only thing that makes the Republican field look like it has any depth at all so far is the shallowness of that of the competition.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 01:26 PM       
You can catch up here: www.politicalderby.com

A truly awesome website I found all on my own.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 01:30 PM       
The top three Republicans are McCain, Rudy and Romney. That could change, but I think that might be pretty solid.

The problem with them is neither is very appealing to the moralist base, which is where someone like Brownback could step up and surprise some people.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
You can catch up here: www.politicalderby.com

A truly awesome website I found all on my own.
=======

Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 01:58 PM       
Why are you laughing? Sure, www.politicalderby.com is pretty slanted to the right, but something has to counter-balance every other political website out there and the entire print and broadcast media establishment that exists simply to serve at the beck and call of the Far Left Kook Brigade. Not that I'm a conservative by any means, but I believe all voices have a right to be heard, even right-wingers like those guys.

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM       
If there's actual a liberal mainstream media as opposed to a lazy ass main stream media, they aren't my brand of liberal.

Romney will have a hard time living down the fact that he ran as a gay abortion toleratin' centrist to win in Massachusetts, so he's either a damn liberal or a two faced liar who'll say anything AND the fact that Mormons are only slightly less sci fi wacko than Scientologists.

Mccain's numbers in NH have tanked, not surprising since his entire NH credability was that he was vehemently anti Bush republicans. After kissing their hem for the last four years and then hiring their media team, at leaast in the Northeast where he needs to start, he's toast.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM       
I'm interested in this "Tom Thompson" guy on the Republican ticket. He supports a voucher like education system, perscription benefits for medicare, and seems to have a similar moral tinge to my own. But i am worried about his plan to solve welfare crisis. He HAS reduced people enrolling by 90% in Wisconsin claiming it's due to his programs to find jobs for people but I don't know. He is currently the health and human services secratary for Dubya. I hear he's half Hispanic too.
=======

Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM       
Half Hispanic? Ok...

He's not been at HHS for a couple of years now. He's got some funny stances, but he might make some interesting points during the primaries. I'm not sure he'd win a lot of support from the Republicans who are trying to distance themselves from Dubya, but I'm not sure how that movement's going to pan out over the next year or so, either.