Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 05:41 PM        Neo Geo emulators
I need to get my hands on a Neo Geo emulator (other than MAME), but none of the ones I've tried thusfar will recognize my Neo Geo roms. I've got the BIOS, but I still can't get them to work. Suggestions?
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM       
Kawaks

Its rather tricky for some games, You need to rename some of the roms and some of the files contained IN the rom. Directions should be provided.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 08:13 PM       
The most sure-fire neogeo emulator has to be neorageX. :o

I believe it emulates the hardware of the neogeo and the system rather than attempt to emulate each game seperately, so it works in most cases, though not for newer games for some reason. :o

If you have a winXP pc youll need neorage XP instead in order for it to run under XP. You can get the hack v0.8c here. :L

Its not perfect in any respect, but it will run most old games, and the newest ones can be run in either nebula or kawaks, though i recommend kawaks, as i never really felt like spending the time setting up nebula. :>

You can get kawaks 1.46p here, it can run SVC Chaos and everything. :o

With any emulator, make sure all directories are pointed in the correct direction, though, the not detecting roms sometimes is just a bug, in this case, just keep moving the roms and redirecting the file paths until it works. :/

Also, with nebula and kawaks, you normally need the correct rom file and *.ini for the rom you wish to play, normally posted on one of a thousand-hundred-billion mexican or brazilian rom sites. :o

EDIT: the previous poster is also right about the renaming bit:>

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 01:30 AM       
I've already tried NeoRagex and the latest version of Kawaks. Neither one will detect all the roms.

Hell, with NeoRagex, I pointed to the directory with a dozen or so neo geo roms, and it only recognized four. So I moved those four to a different folder and pointed to it, and NeoRagex then found only one rom.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 05:19 AM       
:O!

That is pretty strange, I really cannot think for the life of me what the problem may be - it would not be the bios files because they are just for the ROM. :L

In theory, there shouldnt be any problem at all, perhaps it is a registry problem or some sort of program clash? :?

They probably run off the same resources, so perhaps it may be a corrupt file, though i doubt it. :<

As it stand i can only think of a few suggestions :o

Could it be that the roms and emulators are not on the same drive or partition? Or perhaps that they are not on the primary partition or drive? :o?

It could also be that they are the wrong files, or contain extraneous files, as MAME files are often want to do. :?

If they are the MAME files, perhaps you should download different roms of the games you want, as sometimes the encoding and decryption and all is more MAME specific. :o

You could try renaming the files in/and the archive to the correct ones, but that shouldnt be a problem as such with neorage. :L

If you still have this problem or want me to try help properly you can try AIM me - jinvagrant, but really I am stumped, good doctor. :/
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 02:17 AM       
You prolly have to dl a new NG bios.