Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 04:31 AM        NEW FEATURE: "10 BEST THINGS ABOUT CLASH OF THE TITANS!"
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I saw this movie when I was a kid. I absolutely loved it and still do to this day. You just can't go wrong with that classic stop-motion animation. So here, take a trip down memory lane with me as I recall my 10 favorite things about Clash of the Titans.

NEW FEATURE: "MY TEN FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT CLASH OF THE TITANS!"
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/clash-of-the-titans

Enjoy!
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 07:35 AM       
pure awesomeness
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 08:33 AM       
More. MORE.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:58 AM       
I thought you meant the 4-hour animated one from the 70s haha
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM       
Love, LOVE Clash of the Titans. So much so that my first university degree is in Classical Studies (emphasis on Greek Lit).

As a kid, Clash was one of those rare films that truly captured my wonderment and interest. Other films along that same line included Krull, Seven Voyages of Sinbad, and the original King Kong.

Clash is a combination of many myths combined with modern misconceptions of classical myths. As well as a healthy dose of WTF.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 02:34 PM       
Clash also has some epic bad acting, which I'm a huge fan of. Zeus is played by the legendary Lawrence Olivie or however he spelt his damn name. He seems so miffed to be in the movie that he acts mostly with his eyebrows. Usrula Andress also appears to be waiting for her check while being filmed, and of course Harry Hamlin is harry Hamlin.

I friggin' LOVED that movie.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 02:53 PM       
My favorite part was the display of Andromeda's ass, so I was totally hoping for a gif image of it.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 04:05 PM       
I've still never seen this. Clearly, that must be rectified.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM       
i remember watching this in the 6th grade as part of out Greece social studies unit.I didn't know that it was the same guy in God of War 2, that makes both like twice as awesome
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Love, LOVE Clash of the Titans. So much so that my first university degree is in Classical Studies (emphasis on Greek Lit). ...Clash is a combination of many myths combined with modern misconceptions of classical myths. As well as a healthy dose of WTF.
Absolutley man, probably more "WTF" than anything, which is what makes it so fantastic. I really do miss seeing stop-motion animation like that in movies though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
Clash also has some epic bad acting, which I'm a huge fan of. Zeus is played by the legendary Lawrence Olivie or however he spelt his damn name.
Yeah, he seemed perfectly dickish enough for the role of Zeus, no doubt that's why they cast him for the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas View Post
My favorite part was the display of Andromeda's ass, so I was totally hoping for a gif image of it.
And instead, you get a pic of young Perseus going for a naked walk on the beach with his mom. THE GODS WANT YOU TO SUFFER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
i remember watching this in the 6th grade as part of out Greece social studies unit.I didn't know that it was the same guy in God of War 2, that makes both like twice as awesome
Wow, they showed that movie in your social studies class? Haha, and they wonder why education in this country is in the shitter. Not that I'd complain if a teacher busted out that movie to show me instead of giving a boring lecture or anything.
Ringmonster
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:02 PM       
Ray Harryhausen is the man. His stop motion work is legendary and his puppet making skills are just unfathomable. I truly miss seeing stop motion in films as well. I think we've had this discussion before, but stop motion work just has more weight to it when on the screen .

I have an amazing DVD set, Ray Harryhausen:The Early Years Collection, which encompasses about 4 hours of his short films, puppet tests from various films and it also includes the complete Mother Goose and Fairy Tales series. He just finished the series with 'Tortise and the Hare' only recently, making this a 50 year project.

He's a total gentleman as well. Really nice guy. I met him awhile back along with last surviving Universal Studios monster Ben Chapman (a.k.a. Gillman, aka The Creature From The Black Lagoon). I hope to catch up with Mr. Harryhausen again this summer as he is rumored to be attending a convention I am contracted to attend.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:17 PM       
You are a very lucky man.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ringmonster
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM       
Ray Harryhausen does pop up on the convention circuit from time to time. Keep an eye out at film and horror cons. I think he's doing some lit cons as well.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 02:25 AM       
Somehow I went in there thinking of Remember The Titans.

It was still an awesome article though. :D
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 02:27 AM       
hahah someone should make something called remember the clash of the titans where a football team travels back to ancient greece and fights monsters etc
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 02:28 AM       
excuse me i mean a RAGTAG football team is inspired by A DETERMINED COACH to travel back in time and fight greek monsters
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 03:37 AM       
While overcoming racial bounderies
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 05:42 PM       
With at least one street wise mexican player who overcomes some personal struggles off the field...OF BATTLE.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 01:57 PM       
I vote that sunshine gets turned to stone by medusa