Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 06:12 PM        Need moving help from you smart movers
We're trying to move from California to texas to avoid the rising rental costs in california and also piss people in texas off ;( We want to be cowgirls.

Anyway, what's the easiest way to move state to state? We don't have alot of stuff, and i dont think we have a car(although i could get one if i got a license, but i have a driving phobia).

I've been looking at various truck rental companies, but fuck, some of those trucks only get 10 miles a gallon, for 1300 or so miles? That'd be a bitch. A huge bitch, well over 200 dollars, for gas alone, plus the truck rental which is 109 for the smallest truck.

Is there a secret? or is it just all about shelling out cash?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 06:56 PM       
sell your stuff and buy new stuff when you get there
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 07:05 PM       
Yea, thats what i was thinking of doing, but it's Christmas and knowing my luck I'm about to get a complete furnishing of my new home. Hopefully they just give me money, please dear god give me money.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 08:49 PM       
If you don't have a license, you're pretty much stuck with the moving company, but the moving company WILL rip you off....read any and all documents before signing....seriously.
BANNED

Old Dec 21st, 2004, 09:40 PM       
I'm considering using that city to city thing where they bring you a storage bin and you load it up, then they move it to another city. I wonder how much it costs, i got a quote, waiting for them to contact me. My Fiance has a license, so that much isn't a big deal.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 09:54 PM       
Save up a couple grand to get an old pickup truck. Either that or go with a small Uhaul truck. I recently moved from Cali to Texas. I KNOW THESE THINGS.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
BANNED

Old Dec 21st, 2004, 11:56 PM       
How much did it cost you, McClain... our problem is we don't have time to save up a few thousand, we're poor and don't wanna wait any longer!

Uhaul charges by the mile ;(
BANNED

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:14 AM       
Okay, so they give you 1600 miles for free, if'n you pay 1,000 something dollars! Cunts!

Alive is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:33 AM       
Dont go u-haul- go ryder. u-hauls are nasty as F*ck unless your lucky enough to get one of ther newer trucks (witch arent many) you ever see the interior of some of there rentals? stereo replacements from the '70s god knows what stains and dried dripping messes from the ash trays and map pouches. not to mention the carbon deoxide smoke from ailing exhaust systems and engines that need tune ups-yuk. everyone ive rented for local moving/hauling ect have been that messed up. i rented ryder for when i moved back from santa ana and it was nice clean and newish. a little more expensive but worth it.
honestly look at 700 hundred to get you there safely (deposit/base rental/fuel/mileage yadda yadda yadda..