Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 08:33 AM        Nokia N-Gage
Cell Phone giant Nokia recently announced their own Mobile Gaming system, the Nokia N-Gage's price. It is going for $300. With features like a digital mp3 player, screenshot sending, wireless multiplayer gaming via bluetooth, a large color screen (176x208 pixels with 4096 colors), E-Mail, XHTML browsing, multimedia messaging, a stereo FM radio, and, of course, being able to play games via Game Cards, the N-Gage is one of the most feature rich handheld gaming devices seen yet, and unlike Pocket PCs, it's designed for gaming and sports easy to use buttons for use in games.

Sure, PS games on a handheld are pretyy cool, but you can save $120 by buying an X-Box or a PS2 instead. You can buy 2 Gamecubes to equal one of theses. I don't think that this will last because of the price of everything, and the fact that the handheld business is dominated by Gameboy. And the games are around $40.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 09:37 AM       
It's also damn-near uncomfortable to hold and use.

A lot of the consoles in the graveyeard, be it handheld or other, ended up there because of their price and lack of quality titles. N-Gage suffers from both of these, and no amount of other features will fix it.

And the GBA is going to hell once the PSP comes out. :fanboy
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 09:39 AM       
PSP is going to be just as much as N-Gage probably.

huh is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 08:14 PM        Re: Nokia N-Gage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Cell Phone giant Nokia recently announced their own Mobile Gaming system, the Nokia N-Gage's price. It is going for $300. With features like a digital mp3 player, screenshot sending, wireless multiplayer gaming via bluetooth, a large color screen (176x208 pixels with 4096 colors), E-Mail, XHTML browsing, multimedia messaging, a stereo FM radio, and, of course, being able to play games via Game Cards, the N-Gage is one of the most feature rich handheld gaming devices seen yet, and unlike Pocket PCs, it's designed for gaming and sports easy to use buttons for use in games..
WHY GOD WHY?
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 08:23 PM       
No way the GBA is losing it's position. It's already got too many fantastic titles. I love it just for singlehandedly reviving the 2D sidescroller...mm...Metroid Fusion....