Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NightOfTheLivingDon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 04:45 PM        Phil Spector Murder Trial
A judge set the date for jury selection in the Phil Spector murder trial today.

For those of you who might not know, Phil Spector was indicted on murder charges accused of the 2003 shooting death of actress Lana Clarkson, whose body police found in the foyer of Spector's Alhambra mansion with a single gunshot wound to her head. Spector made a name for himself as a record producer working with such artists as The Ronettes ("Be My Baby"), The Righteous Brothers ("You Lost That Lovin' Feeling"), and Ike and Tina Turner ("River Deep, Mountain High'). He was also brought in to work with John Lennon and salvage the abandoned "Get Back" recording session. He also produced George Harrison and the Plastic Ono Band. Spector is accredited with inventing the "Wall of Sound" production technique (a dense, layered sound achieved by jamming multiple microphones into a single track). He also cameos in Easy Rider as the coke dealer.

After going through three lawyers (including O.J. Dream Team member Robert Shapiro), Bruce Cutler (longtime John Gotti lawyer) is heading the case.

The defense will claim that her death was the result of suicide. The Prosecution has a variety of damning evidence and testimony including a supposed admission of guilt to his driver, and police found Clarkson sitting upright in a chair on the foyer with the gun tucked beneath her left calf.

Seems like an open/shut case, but I'm sure it will be an interesting trial.
For more information:
http://www.legalzoom.com/articles/ar...icle13761.html
http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/

Spector in court today.

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 04:57 PM       
He looks like one of the characters from the Hair bear bunch.

Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM