Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM        Creator of Mario and Zelda to be knighted. ABOUT DAMN TIME!
Top videogame creators Shigeru Miyamoto, Michel Ancel and Frederick Raynal are to be awarded with knighthoods in the Order of Arts and Letters in Paris next Monday, becoming the first game creators ever to receive this honour in France.

Miyamoto is the creator of many of Nintendo's world famous franchises, including Mario and Zelda, while Ancel is the designer behind Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil and last Christmas' hit title King Kong, and Raynal is best-known as the creator of Alone In The Dark.

Up to 200 people are knighted in the Order of Arts and Letters every year, but this is the first time that creators of videogames have been included in the list. The awards will be presented to the three by French Minister of Culture Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres next Monday.

Unlike British knighthoods, the French knighthoods do not allow the holder to add "Sir" in front of their names. No game creator has ever been knighted in the UK, although both Argonaut founder Jez San and Lionhead and Bullfrog founder Peter Molyneux have been awarded with OBEs.

source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=15226
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 07:05 PM       
If I were Miyamoto I'd be pissed being put next to those loser fucks.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:39 AM       
man they'll give knighthoods to anyone these days
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM       
It's a french knighthood, it doesn't even really count.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 01:54 AM       
I guess we'll be calling him Shigeru Miyamoteau now right guys?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:00 AM       
no
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:43 PM       
lol @ sam
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 08:37 PM       
IT HAPPENED!

Congrats on the induction into the order of arts and letters, Miyamoto. Knight of France, beater of ass.

oh and the NON-knight with the dippy haircut is his interpreter.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
hope that will speed up the pal release of nintendo products in the future

OH GOD
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 09:09 PM       
sealab references
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM       
thats pretty cool. i just dont get one thing why in france?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM       
Because England has dignity.

I'm time of need, I'd sooner trust Ian McKellan and Elton John than Mario's dad.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Because England has dignity.

I'm time of need, I'd sooner trust Ian McKellan and Elton John than Mario's dad.
How did you even add an apostrophe when accidentally typing an M instead of an N?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM       
I had one thought that changed into another, only to make no sense. :/

Maybe France should knight me next!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 01:53 PM       
What is this "ABOUT DAMN TIME" business?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:00 PM       
it's courage the cowardly dog, america's answer to jeff the ninja and arrowx