Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 07:16 AM        Love songs are a plague, and the godawful mix cd
so my sis got the killers CD. she loves it. she puts it on when i'm sitting here typing at you guys. not one to be fascist, i say nothing and listen to this album i heard a lot about but know nothing of.

there's a line, a line i cant remember exactly, but a line that goes something like:
i ask if you love me, and if you say no can i change your mind?"

the theme of it, anyway, was this guy asking if he could change the mind of a woman he hadn't asked anything.

i shouldnt be just picking on the killers, there's lots of SHIT like this floating around. girls have to be subjected to this awful practice of "men" remaining silent and serious while they play songs to women that mean all the world to their temporarily insane minds, while men are subjected to women writing them letters that consist of the lyrics.

somehow they think that lines rhyming together meant to hit the charts is supposed to mean more than what they're really thinking, or maybe they're just retards who dont have the vocabulary or imaginations to express themselves adequately...

THE POINT IS. these songs HURT everybody. those with a crush, drunk with desire and neural chemicals, think this is a legitimate means of expression, while the mainly sane victims of such pitiful tact regard this as slightly funny, kinda cute, but mostly creepy. this pretty much destroys any potential relationship or consideration of one. most contact after that embarrasing situation results in awkward shuffling conversation that intensifies the lovers feelings and the subjects rejection.

but rez, you may think, blame the sad bastard who brought this on himself, to ban ballads for other people's actions is absurd. you're partially right, but keeping to the vein of personal responsibility, also wrong. the people who write these songs also release these songs. why, this is highly personal stuff... why blow a great melody on it? to fill a CD, to sell CDs, people make these songs to sell, primarily, with emotions coming along as helpful baggage. they distribute this turgid crap to the same sad saps who may otherwise find other and much better ways of expressing their earnest desire, such as through personal poetry or, gasp, straight admittance, to be with their object of desire. the people who write these songs know far too well that they will be put in lovingly packaged mix CDs that "special one" will never listen to. they help continue the awful courtship ritual of teenagers that are mostly awkward, but this time without courage, emotionally shortchanged and loaded with contempt.

also, the problem with using songwriters is that it's not you. actually, someone may have been able to put a finer point on things than you were, which translates to the listener much better than your intentions. you let cohen talk for you, but they're not hearing you. they're hearing you APPROPRIATE cohen and that means nothing from you yourself.

songs can be intricate, songs can be complex, but here's the kicker, many songs used in these sad but real scenarios are not cohen, are not dylan, they're monotoned musings about cuddling and watching the weeds grow while naked and contemplating balloons. crap that sounds carefree on one hand, but really pathetic in six others.

breakup songs are similarly bad but not to the same degree, people can articulate hate pretty well by themselves (which says to me the inability to articulate love is socially imposed horseshit), but the slip into hysteria is when the bitch/simpering asshole sends you letters with pink floyd lyrics. motherfucker. you break with a friend, but instead of attempting to patch differences like people that actually care about friendship, you abandon your brain to regurgitate what someone else wrote about something entirely different. good job, now the other person wont even bother to contact you again. why? because that was CHEAP. these lyrics only make sense to you, while the 'other' is thinking of how you were totally unable to adress anything relevant and instead made what SOUNDED like vague accusations. but they couldnt tell really because it was just blowing victimized smoke everywhere.

fellas, gals, sane humans everywhere. please. do not use your favorite songs as confessions for your own feelings. do not betray how you feel and what you want to say though 5 inches of plastic. without you there to use your own tone of voice and your stammering, awkward, but unprocessed passion, all they're left with is a boombox blaring out something without nearly as much depth as you think it does.

be there and say what you need, it's twice as hard, but 5 times more admirable.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:57 AM       
I agree with you very much.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 05:26 PM       
can i get the cliff notes on rez post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM       
just read the last 3 sentences, that should give the gist of it.
Tara is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 01:23 AM       
Boring. All of this talk is far too thoughtful for this forum.

Where is the "I saw her in the car at the drive through. She blew a bubble from her chewing gum and I came in my 'Dollar Value Meal Cheesburger'?"
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 04:44 AM       
I don't know but you misspelling "cheeseburger" is ideally far enough from thoughtful as it is.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog