Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 10:10 AM        All you musical Mockers
I know some of you play in bands and/or write & record music. Helm, Ronnie, and Mitchell (and now Slavemason) are the ones I know of off the top of my head. I'd very much like to hear all of your music. Do any of you have some recorded stuff I might be able to check out? I'm realy fucking sick of my CDs, and I want to hear something brand new. I'd also be interested in exchanging tunes, once I get my stuff refined and finalized.

email me at s_starck@hotmail.com, if you wish.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:40 PM       
Hm, all I have are home recordings right now. My current band has been doing stuff live and rehersals for like, 2 years now and I have zero professional recordings to show for it. At least one hour of music recorded sloppily on the computer, though.

I dunno how interested you'd be in listening strange expressionistic metal suites (suite = repetittion-less structure. A, B, C, D and so on. Not verse-chorus-prepeat stuff), really. And most of it is in a pretty rough form since we're missing a drummer and I have to track my drums in a drum-machine. In fact, of 6 tracks, only one has vocals and everything, and that thing's oooold. However, as soon as we go in the studio to record our newest two 10-minute tracks I'll be sure to let you know. I'll be making a website for the band anyway, since we're not going to look for a contract or anything. Free music is kickass.
Will chop you good.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 01:11 PM       
I feel your pain, dude. I don't have a band at all, so it's just me. I've got some ideas and some good recording software for my computer, so I can do it all. The tedious part is taking samples of real drums, chopping them up, and reconstituting them so that it sounds like a real drum kit. I could spend literally weeks just doing that part of it. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably have a shitload of material recorded by now.

But I honestly would be interested in exchanging stuff, sort of a networking and critiquing panel. Constructive criticism, connecting people with people, etc.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 07:12 PM       
:/
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 02:32 AM       
Shut up fartin.

I have a few good samples of drums I've collected from here and there (all from real analog sets, obviously) if you want to expand your collection. I track using jeskola buzz which is by far the most superior multipurpose tracker around. And it's free. But yeah, guitarists laying down drum tracks :/ heh You just go into the damn studio and a drummer does so much better a job in so much less time. the worst aspect is the cymbals.

I'd like to share music and oppinions and all that but currently I have no way to do so because I do not have access to AIM/irc and I'm using hotmail which doesn't like big attachments (2 megs in/out). And I write 10 minute songs. I don't want to put a strain on my friend's server either, really.

But as soon as I have a better connection (think 2 months) I am going to take you up on this. I'll probably have properly recorded shit by then anyway.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 09:41 AM        re:
hey. yeah, i have a couple of music projects going on right now. i have loads of stuff recorded and i'm actually just now starting on a web-site for my newly birthed cdr/cassette label, where i'll have lots of free mp3's and cheap as shit releases. i'll be sure to post the url as soon as it's ready. thanks a bunch for the interest, sir.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:27 AM       
I used http://www.soundclick.com to put a short practice I did with my bass. It's free... Thanks Helm for your input.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:21 PM       
I'm afraid all I have to offer is excuses. I've got some stuff recorded but it's not on the net anywhere. I suppose that I could have figured out some way to get it uploaded but I guess I'm lazy. However, I have been quite busy playing music. This made me think of all the bands I was in last year.
Portabella was more of a recording project with alot of acoustic instruments. We made to the stage a few times, then I bailed out.
Ted Tourette and Hushpuppies was drunken quartet. We played bluegrass, classic country, ragtime and swing tunes, and some Irish drinking ballads. We played for beer at a nice German restaurant and a few bars in town. This band has all but fallen apart.
Three Time Losers was a garage rock band. It was pretty fun but got old quick. If it didn't sound like something you've heard a thousand times, then it was too far "out there". So I was out of there.
Champagne of Tiny Beers is the art-fag band. The songwriter is a great guy but likes to talk about how "less is more", and at the same time put way too many changes in a song. This band is still going.
Finally there's JT and the Blame. I like this band the best because I get to write songs and sing and make a general ass of myself. We're a two piece, drums and bass (with piccolo strings). It's not a dance band, just simple songs ranging from rock to country to jazz to complete shit. This band is a lot easier to maintain, I hope it last a long time.
Sorry to ramble on so. It's just nice to know that I can't sum up my year with "Drank beer, smoked weed, jerked off" like so many years before.
I suppose I should make my new year's resolution be, learning to utilize the net.

torch of war is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 02:57 AM       
I be in two bands. One's a straightforward blackened-doom type metal outfit by the name of...well, it's gona be either The Flood or Echo-419, in seeing as half our lyrics are about Halo. I'm the vocalist, we're pretty stripped down; me, a guitar, a bassist (who kicks mighty ass I might add) and that's it. We can't find a drummer.

The other band: At the moment, we call ourselves either Uruk'Hai or Swordchucks. Three guitars (four sometimes) a bassist and a drummer. We recorded a couple songs with me doing both drums and one guitar track. This is more hardcore, kinda punk, but we pull off some epic shit in there. In the future it will be possible for you to check us out on a site, but for now....yep.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 04:52 PM       
BUMP. Still haven't heard from Dole yet.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 05:56 PM       
sspad, did you get my mail?
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 06:30 AM       
will try and sort summat out for you at some point spadlington.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM       
Very good, Mr. Dole.

Drew, no, I never did get your email.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 07:24 AM       
With a gig dropped in our laps this evening, I'll be playing for the next three Fridays (with another on Sunday just to wreck the sabbath). I think I'll tell my boss to jump in a lake.
My ship has come in!
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 09:14 AM       
Abandon ship
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM       
I still write 'n play music all the time, but haven't been recording anything in quite a while. Someday I'll get a new recording setup... but in all honesty, I just really want to get a band started. Tired of playing alone all the time.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM       
I listened to Mr.Mockery's music and it sounds so similar to my friend and I. Maybe I will post it for fun. This is some bass lines I recorded while trying to figure out how to use my computer program called music creator. I would like to learn how to put drums and my guitar but I havn't figured that out yet.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/stompmusic.htm
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 06:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
I still write 'n play music all the time, but haven't been recording anything in quite a while. Someday I'll get a new recording setup... but in all honesty, I just really want to get a band started. Tired of playing alone all the time.
I'm pretty lucky to have so many friends playing these days. I went for nearly three years with nobody else to work with.

I like a band where everyone bounces ideas off one another.

I'd like to get another recorder too. My four track works alright but it's getting harder to find a decent tape (Type I, Normal, No Thank You). I could order them I suppose.

Best of luck finding something. By the way, what type of band / sound are you shooting for?
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 06:14 PM       
My band has lots recorded by I've listened to the songs so much that I've ended up hating it all.....not playing, just listening.

And I can never remember to post it here so you guys can hear it.

Spad, you should pick up that new Drum Machine Korg put out.....we have one and it's bad ass.

http://www.korg.com/gear/product_inf...&category_id=2

With this you can do anything and it sounds like REAL drums.......and it's a sample machine with crazy built-in effects. Just go to the music store and check it out.

Darko is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 12:49 PM       
http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/493/

That's for the band I sing for, Broken Free. My other band, The Caulfield Principle, doesn't have anything recorded since I got into the band, and the music has taken a drastic change so I don't want to post any of their stuff.

Helm sent me some stuff from his TRVE power metal band. It was pretty good. Devoid a singer, if I remember though.

And BlackFlag has an awesome noise song
"Who?"

www.brokenfree.net
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 02:49 PM       
http://web.augsburg.edu/~herzog/nomore.mp3

Poor recording of our first acoustic show, two months ago. Me on guitar.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:09 PM       
Spad,did you look at the link?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:59 PM       
Bump.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:26 PM       
Oh, yeah, I did. Thanks, Ronnie. I like Korg stuff, and in fact own one of their guitar processors. I will definitely check out the unit next tmie I'm in a music store. How much did you pay for yours?

Oh, and Marty, I got your recent bass lines, but haven't heard them yet.

I'm glad to see people have responded to this thread. STARVING ARTISTS, UNITE!
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 09:02 PM       
I play bass in a band. I'm not sure what our style of music is. We are all over the place. We might get something recorded in a few months if anyone is interested.