FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 03:37 PM        Re: THE 2004 RELEASES THREAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
*nine inch nails - bleedthrough (hesitant about this one)
I always expect great things from Reznor, and his albums have yet to let me down. But I gotta say, he takes too fucking long to put them out.

Is there even any news about this Bleedthrough album? Release dates? Info on the music? Anything? The nin.com site has just been this static page for a good while now.
happy to help

TRENT REZNOR Talks About New NINE INCH NAILS CD

The forthcoming issue of Alternative Press featuring a list of next year's most anticipated albums contains a short paragraph on the upcoming NINE INCH NAILS album, which will reportedly carry the title "bleedthrough". In the article, NINE INCH NAILS mastermind Trent Reznor is quoted as saying that the follow-up to 1999's "The Fragile" "explores loss and possible discovery of self, along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from, with lots of feedback."

Reznor has reportedly enlisted Atticus Ross (12 ROUNDS, TAPEWORM), Jerome Dillon, Leo Herrera, mix engineer Rich Costey and Rick Rubin (SYSTEM OF A DOWN, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, AUDIOSLAVE) to help mold "bleedthrough", which will feature new songs such as "The Line Begins To Blur", "Every Day Is Exactly The Same" and "My Dead Friend". This time out, Reznor is introducing high-tech to low- life. "Computers, among other things, are ruining music these days," he said. "I hate the Pro Tooled sound of perfection and everything being 'fixed.' This record is most definitely 'un-fixed.'" And when it comes to touring behind the release, Reznor is planning on reinventing the wheel. "It won't be the last tour over again. That person isn't here anymore."

"bleedthrough" is tentatively due in early 2004 through Nothing/Interscope Records.

----------------------------

that was my only problem with the fragile, it *was* pro tooled to death (when i could ignore that, i liked it a lot) but leave all that computer stuff to Garbage (whom i also like), reznor's music by nature should avoid *most* of the newer computer programs altogether.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 10:37 PM       
more news about mum which apparently only i care about. which is a damn shame as theyre really good. :

(mum - summer make good)
Released in April 2004

Tracklisting :
01 - hĂș hviss - a ship
02 - weeping rock, rock
03 - nightly cares
04 - the ghosts you draw on my back
05 - stir
06 - sing me out the window
07 - the island of children's children
08 - away
09 - oh, how the boat drifts
10 - small deaths are the saddest
11 - will the summer make good for all of our sins
12 - abandoned ship bells

from someone i know:

Quote:
My impressions after a first listen : the music is great but the vocal parts are a bit disappointing. I think they pushed the singing-like-children-with-throatache formula too far on some tracks (or maybe I just wasn't in the proper mood for that tonight). The record is less catchy than "Finallly we are no one" (that I found awesome right at the first listen), it will probably grow on me.
still very excited about it.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:24 PM       
Death in Vegas:

a 'back to mine' compilation is about to be put forth from richard fearless, half of the duo that makes electronic-rock for heroin addicts. if its anything like his DJ sets, i'll be getting it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:26 PM       
Red Hot Chilipeppers and Auidoslave? Eww

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM       
Rez,

was that latest 'Death in Vegas' album any good... I heard (what I think was) the first one, and really liked it... how does the newer one rank?
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:13 PM       
fans of the first album (dead elvis) will probably love their second one (the contino sessions), and be let down by this new one (scorpio rising)

but i like all of them, so what do i know...

this new one is very *song* oriented unlike the first album where things dragged out and focused largely on vibe.... some are jsut straight rock or guitar songs... some of it is kinda throwaway pop, but DiV have yet to release a perfect album...

overall, the new album is solid and worth...mm...$17 max. first 4 tracks off of it are my fave, which usually is a bad indicator but i keep myself interested until the end.

rongi, you can "ew" audioslave, but back off the chili peppers. i think he helped produce the mars volta too.. so make your own opinion about that.. some things about the volta are lame.. some arent.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM       
The Chili Pepper's work as a band sucks, but as producers they're pretty good.

I mean come on, you have to admit By The Way is a really boring song.

I'll still buy the new NIN, the fragile was fucking excellent.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
CALIFORNICATION

you dont know from what if you cant see thats a good album. i'm overreacting, but i dont see how you cant.

and no, "by the way" is not boring.. it aint great, ok, but it's good.

the fragile was by and large very good, but it had an undertone to it that told me he's losing his edge a bit... again, maybe it was the pro tools....
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:38 PM       
I can see what you mean. It seemed more high tech and sort of show offy when compared to most of his other albums. But it's still a really good album.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:38 PM       
contino sessions is the one i've heard... thought it was good stuff
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 04:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
1. Why was Zwan bad? They had the best guitar attack of the past 10 years! Pajo, Sweeny, and Corgan; easily the best.
You must not listen to that many good Guitar players.

Im looking forward to the Live Albums Widespread Panic is releasing this year along with there sideprojects during the one year Hiatus. I still have yet to buy the Flaming Lips album "Yoshima battles...".

Besides that I'm not into that much new music, concidering there aren't a good load of Bands out there with the right intentions.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 07:26 PM       
"You must not listen to that many good Guitar players."

Yeah, that's exactly why I said that. I'm glad you backed your statement up, way to go. Please return to being a retarded idiot who listens to reggae, because someone has to.
aka Don Henley
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 11:11 PM       
I would almost concider that a compliment from a wannabe Rolling Stone writer.

and since when do I listen Reggae?
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 01:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Anyone buying the new casualties album?

I might
YES

C'MON THEY'RE NOT THAT BAD
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 01:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Adobo
I would almost concider that a compliment from a wannabe Rolling Stone writer.

and since when do I listen Reggae?
Reggae, Jam Bands, it's all the same untalented shit, you fucking moron.

Actually I like reggae. Jam Bands can suck it.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 03:03 PM       
that dub n reggae station actually isnt all bad when you're playing GTA 3.

new stuff:

RJD2 has a new album coming soon, promotional copy is online, but i couldnt find the name of the album itself. i thought his first album was overrated, but still really good, so i'll check this one out too:

tracklisting for online searching:

01 since we last spoke 04:15
02 exotic talk 03:44
03 since 76 02:27
04 ring finger 03:48
05 making days longer 04:36
06 someones second 04:29
07 to all of you 05:09
08 iced lightning 04:30
09 clean living 04:07
10 intro 01:10
11 through the walls 03:28
12 one day 04:50

apparently moby's alias "voodoo child," the one he wanted to use to make underground techno stuff.. came out with some fanfare and a sigh of relief from some that he can do decent music still... but mediocre feedback otherwise.

new incubus CD soon... i dont give a shit but others might, as some think theyre above the standard radio play stuff....
aka Don Henley
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi

Reggae, Jam Bands, it's all the same untalented shit, you fucking moron.

Actually I like reggae. Jam Bands can suck it.
Damn, its real funny hear some person who thinks he knows his Frank Zappa say that, concidering that he has as much influence on the scene as good ol' Jerry bear.

and you wouldn't know talent if it stuck its big black dick up your ass, you shnapps drinking nancy.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:14 PM       
You spelt schnapps wrong, idiot.
aka Don Henley
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:18 PM       
thanks, idiot.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:24 PM       
you're welcome, idiot.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:42 PM       
music, not schnapps.... oh fuck it as soon as i try to make rules people will invariably go to break them...

rongi, you missed bobo's remark about zappa, maybe you should defend yourself there.

bobo, jam bands suck live, which is why they just suck.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:48 PM       
To be honest there's still a lot about FZ I don't know yet. So, I don't know if he really was inspired by Jerry or not. If he was, well then I guess I might respect Jerry for that and nothing else, since FZ is one of my favorite artists every. Either way the dead where the most boring shit band I've ever heard. Shake It Sugary should be considered a lullaby and nothing more.

You know rez, I don't want to ruin your great thread, so this is the last thing I will say on the subject of the dead.
aka Don Henley
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 05:13 PM       
Rez, I would really like to hear your idea of what a "good" live band does. Concidering Widespread Panic, Phish and the Grateful Dead approached each live show as being an actual significant event rather than repeat the same setlist they do everynight to promote there new album. They give there audience something new everytime they play, which is the reason why people stalk them.

Most Jambands are all about Improvisation and Musical composition which not what many musicians manage to do well. in todays music people are more reliant on studio majic to make a good record than actual musical no how.

Also using the word Jambands bugs the shit outta me because a lot of them do suck, but theres a few that are damn good. And just sounds stupid to lump them into one catagory.

FZ was mostly influenced by early R&B, and I didn't mean that he was influenced by Jerry. I was saying that bands like Phish and moe. have more of a Zappa influence than the Dead.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 05:32 PM       
I hate to break what I said before, but I can see how Phish could've been inspired by FZ more than Jerry. The reason why I was skeptical about FZ being inspired by Garcia is that I don't see much similarities between FZ's music and Garcia's. FZ was more inspired by doo-wop and classical music.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 11:00 PM       
i have been victim to stereotyping. after seeing "jam bands" perform live more than once i have seen "improvisation" as naught more than worthless noodling until they hit on something they like and since it was on the fly, it wouldnt be especially good.
but seeing as i know little about "jam bands" or anything associated with them, i'm assuming those who listen and like em find something i dont.

anyway.. more new things,

The Cure plan to follow up 2000's Bloodflowers with a new studio album next summer, and their entire catalog will be remastered in the next eighteen months, with each album padded out with an additional disc of rare, live and previously unreleased material.