Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM       
you're all forgetting the REAL issue here.

She wants to make ridiculously strict laws governing the sale of video games because its causing all the problems now.

edit: sarcasm
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 03:02 PM       
That's just a spit 'n bluster issue.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I can't speak for the ACLU, but I'd put money on the table that Moveon.org won't back her for the nomination unless they back someone else firts and she crushes them.
So you DO speak for MoveOn.org AHA!

I don't Hilary will be their first choice, but since they don't have a transgender candidate on the ballot yet, she'll do.

The Kos Kids don't seem to want to bash her, which is telling. Let's replay what happened last election.... people were endorsing candidates based on how much they hated their opposition... Al Sharpton was too black and too psychotic for them, even though he said all the right things.... and the Left didn't really put their heart into getting Nader elected, instead opting to try and subvert Kerry's campaign. There were full time employees (I mean activists) from every Leftist group you can name sitting online just spamming Kerry's internet forums all day long hoping it would influence his positions.

So if Hilary does get the Leftist support, it's not going to be so much that they like or trust her so much as they think they can work her.

Oh and as for Obama....as if it wasn't enough he's an interacial robot with a funny name - he's also a proud Christian who was originally raised Muslim.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM       
I thought Obama was raised quasi-religious and his mother took him to all kinds of different temples and churches when he was younger.

At least, that's what his biography excerpt in Time said.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM       
That's not what Hillary... I mean Hillary's campaign... was saying last week. They said he was educated in a madrassa school in Indonesia.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM       
And apparently his father is Muslim.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 11:33 PM       
I remember reading that his father had died when he was real young and his mom was a semi-religious agnostic kind of thing. I can't be bothered to research this so you'll just have to take my word for it ok
Mocker

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 01:30 AM       
If you're born to a Muslim father you're always Muslim in their eyes....turning your back on the religion is the worst offense possible.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:56 AM       
Looks like Obama has lost the Jihad vote.

btw, all that stuff about him going to a madrassa in Indonesia has proven to be false.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM       
Does anyone else think that in our time there is no way a black man or a woman would ever be president? Not saying that im against it but there is no way it will happen and i believe people will vote against them just so they cant win.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM       
I would absolutely LOVE for the white supremacists to make a huge deal out of Obama's skin color. Watch everyone squirm and try to disassociate themselves!
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 03:20 PM       
i dont even think you have to go as far as the white supremacists i think the average joe would not exactly be cool with either of them. I live around a bunch of red necks so maybe my view of the world is a bit scewed but I think that the average american would see as Hillary as not looking out for the intrest of the average american and i believe that if Obama won the south would Secessed much like if Al Gore won.

cerrone2789 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 10:49 PM       
Well, take this into account:

I live in upstate NY (read: hick-land), and I can say from experience that EVERYONE hated Hillary immensely when she first showed up (and frankly, for no reason except that she's a woman and the vast male majority feels emasculated by a woman in power). But her attention to detail and excellence at playing both sides of the political spectrum (rural economics and urban social issues) has kept her way ahead on the popularity curve. Frankly, it doesn't matter how much of a hick you are and how much of a pussy liberal the person you are voting for is as long as you can look forward to a better standard of living and protection from big companies: Hillary really provided all those things in NY.

I think she stands a chance. I don't think she'll win... but she just might if Bush keeps fucking up and the country starts to wax nostalgic for the days of Clinton.

And let's face it: open a history book and the answer lies before you: most every woman who has ever ruled a nation has been astoundingly successful.
Ancient Mariner
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM       
Yep, she sure does prove that women can hold their own in politics. She's exactly the same as every other topical scuzzbag of a politician. I offer her my heartiest congradulations.
Mocker

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:49 PM       
Quote:
EVERYONE hated Hillary immensely when she first showed up (and frankly, for no reason except that she's a woman and the vast male majority feels emasculated by a woman in power).
No other reason accept maybe that she was an outsider who bought a NY residence specifically so she could rep the State.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 12:49 PM       
I'm also from NY, and it would be a mistake to confuse the North Country for the rural South. Not entirely the same.

Also, while she did work very hard in the upstate region that year, she also benefited from a weak opponent. Rudy became ill, and has never really proven to be a good political candidate beyond NYC (hint, hint!). And Lazio was just pathetic.....

Whoever she faces in 2008, if she gets the nomination, will be much better than Lazio.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 01:07 PM       
Lazio never had a chance. Rudy held on too long when everyone knew he was going to have to drop out.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 03:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I'm talking about things like having Texas cecede from the Union.
Would you miss it?

Would you miss it?

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist