Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 06:14 AM        Sunshine Policy Is Wrong
The link to the articles referenced are found at the blog entry at this location.

It seemed quiet lately so it deserves to be discussed. I think the sunshine policy is ridiculous hippie caca.

There are lingering issues pertinent to the divide between the Republic of Korea and the United States over the North Korean issue. The United States is continuing its' clampdown on the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, a policy that has been dated since ROK President Kim Dae-jung announced the Sunshine Policy, which emphasizes cultivating as positive relationships as possible with the Communist North.

The sunshine policy seems more of an attempt of everyone cheering up the Grinch and convincing him that there is another way than actual politics. As opposed to direct pressure on a corrupt regime Pres. Kim Dae-jung searched his pockets for a policy meant to break 50 years of stand-off, but in reality it is a grasping at straws to defeat the North Koreans. Catch-phrases about defeating your enemy with love are good for Christmas stories, but as the US pursues a serious policy of defeating a dangerous, Communist state it would certainly be a relief if the south Koreans put down their hippie politics.

Peace is the end goal, and fostering positive relations is a necessity for the future of the Korean penninsula, but appeasing and cooperating with a regime of scum is not a proper policy for anyone -- regardless of how idealistic.

We have gone too far in our hippie ideals when a nation that has counterfeited money and manufactured drugs to fund its' deadly regime and nuclear program is appeased. Do you remember the Sudetenland?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 09:24 AM       
"It seemed quiet lately so it deserves to be discussed."

How in the world can you claim to speak English?

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
"It seemed quiet lately so it deserves to be discussed."

How in the world can you claim to speak English?
I see nothing wrong with it.

"It seemed quiet latley," (yes, it was, now part two of the claused sentence) "so it deserves to be discussed."

It being the issue of Korea.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:06 PM       
"It seemed quiet..."

Okay, what seemed quiet lately? Korea? The sunshine policy? This board? Discussion about the Sunshine policy?

"So it deserves to be discussed"

Is the second it (which you've now told us is 'the issue of Korea') the same as the first it?

Do you mean:

"The issue of korea hasn't been discussed here lately"

The issue of Korea can't be quiet.

Is 'The sunshine policy' (your subject) The same as 'the issue of Korea'?
I have to assue that, since otherwise, you've used the same pronoun twice in your opening sentence without defining it. But a policy can't be quiet.

The word 'so' is causal. Does the fact WE'VE been quiet ABOUT it MAKE it 'deserve' discussion, or is it worthy of discussion on it's own?

There is so much wrong with that sentence as a form of communication. You seem stuck in the phase of development where you assume your reader is already aware of your thoughts, so it doesn't matter how you communicate them.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM       
Max get a better hobby
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:11 PM       
Oh, like what, posting on the internet?
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:58 PM       
the grammar nazi spiel was old when the internet was born, max. I'm a little disappointed in you.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:27 PM       
OH MY GOD!!! IT ISN'T GRAMAR I'M A NAZI ABOUT! IT'S CLARITY AND SKILL!

Plus it makes me NUTS when someone thinks they are ever so smart and they can't be bothered with communicating well in writing but have chosen a form of communication that is writing!

It would be like if I went to a bodybuilding competition and went on and on about every aspect of bodybuilding and how I was great at it and how my opinion deserved respect while shovelling entire bags of chips and whole jars of lard into my 900 lbs. frame!

Have you ever seen me take off after the bad writing of someone who DIDN'T think they were oh so clever?

It's not a hobby, it's a CRUSADE!

Actually, it's a hobby. I really, reallly, really love bad writing. And I find picking on people who write badly often gets them to write even worse stuff. In any case, no one who posts on an internet board is in any position to tell anyone else to 'get another hobby'. It's like s stamp collector giving advice to a Magic the Gathering shut in.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM       
My question is, it's Korea.....who gives a rat's rectum?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM       
Hyundai owners.
Mocker
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM       
I can't tell you to get another hobby because I also post occassionally on this message board?

You constantly correct people's grammar and are way to interested in people like Vince and KK. So get another hobby. I like to post on this board to get different views on things going on in the world. and i seriously will need to find a new hobby if posting consituttes a hobby and or new board to waste some minutes on during the day because it constantly feels like I'm in english class.

Get a new hobby or work some extra hours to pay off healthcare costs. Find a job like me where you can be on a computer and post on a message board during work time instead of using up your free time to be a subsitute english teacher.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:21 PM       
Shut the fuck up Ant. You're in one forum on a message board attached to a humor site, and Max is, more often than not, funny, and on top of that a contributor to the main site.

If you have a problem with the way he posts and feel compelled to leave if he doesn't mend his ways, then get your whining ass the fuck out already. I'd take 1 Burbank over 1000 of you.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:25 PM       
By the way ant that is an awesome signature. You definitely have a leg to stand on and call someone else's internetting lame.

Might I suggest a spinning pot leaf for the avatar? It's 12% more edgy than the 'flipping the bird' one you're already sporting.

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 04:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
"It seemed quiet..."

Okay, what seemed quiet lately? Korea? The sunshine policy? This board? Discussion about the Sunshine policy?

"So it deserves to be discussed"

Is the second it (which you've now told us is 'the issue of Korea') the same as the first it?

Do you mean:

"The issue of korea hasn't been discussed here lately"

The issue of Korea can't be quiet.

Is 'The sunshine policy' (your subject) The same as 'the issue of Korea'?
I have to assue that, since otherwise, you've used the same pronoun twice in your opening sentence without defining it. But a policy can't be quiet.

The word 'so' is causal. Does the fact WE'VE been quiet ABOUT it MAKE it 'deserve' discussion, or is it worthy of discussion on it's own?

There is so much wrong with that sentence as a form of communication. You seem stuck in the phase of development where you assume your reader is already aware of your thoughts, so it doesn't matter how you communicate them.
Arguing about grammer? Sounds foolish.

Korea can be quiet in an expressive sense; Korea is quiet when there is no news coming out of it.

I refuse to debate grammar further. I also refuse to spell gramar the same way every time.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:19 AM       
Ant... I want to apologize. You're right, I do need another hobby. Making fun of people I think are ridiculous on a sight called i-MOCKERY is just plain wrong. When people search out out a message board with MOCKERY in the title attached to a humor site, the last thing they need to see is someone trying to be funny, or god forbid trying to say anything through the medium of making fun of someone else. Parody? Satire? Sarcasm? These things have no place in a discussion of politics.

I just want to thank you for keeping it real.

And KommonKause? It isn't your grammar. If you can find a way to write reasonably clearly and use bad grammar, I will applaud your gumption. The reason you need to define the pronoun "It" before you use it for the first time in a sentence isn't because it's a law of grammar. It's because otherwise NO ONE KNOWS WHAT YOU MEAN. If you don't care if people KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, why not just write "Cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow"?
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM       
Oh no my Foamy avatar isn't edgy!

And my picture of Ren is so lame! Shame on me for not caring about the coolness of my message board pictures.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM       
Don't leave the board, Ant.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:29 PM       
Quote:
Cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 05:35 AM       
Sight Site Cite