Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 09:03 PM        NEW ISIS - PANOPTICON
... which means 'object that sees everywhere'. I'm downloading it, if i like it enough I'll definately buy it. Oceanic was amazing so I'm hoping this is too. Anyone heard it yet?

Snake Basket is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 09:24 PM       
I only listened to their debut album Celestial and I didn't like it at all. It lacked idendity and originality. I felt it was falling to most of the clichés of the subgenre, while trying to deal with a concept without enough investment to it.

Then I almost totally drifted away from the HxC scene so well... I didn't even listenened to Oceanic. I might give it a try though considering you liked it and you seem to have some knowledge in metal.

IMHO the best attempt of HxC/atmospheric hybrid stuff lately is Textures' "Polars", I find the rest far too "superficial" and paradoxally over-pretentious too. If you get what I mean.

I'm still Kung Fu Genius
Mocker

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:04 AM       
Celestial wasn't the greatest concept album of all time, I'll give you that, but for a hardcore band, early ISIS could rip it up quite nice.

Oceanic is not hardcore at all. And neither is the new one, as far as I can tell. Oceanic is some sort of concept album too, but I did not care to follow. All the vocals sound like "AAAA, AAAAGH, AAAAARGH" anyhow, it's not like you can make anything out.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM       
I have most of the Oceanic downloaded. Haven't heard any of the new stuff, though. ;o

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM        re:
i think isis are pretty good. not really my preferred style of tunes, but they do it way better than anyone else i've heard.
i saw them live about 5 years ago. dillinger, candiria, and a few other bands played, but isis totally stole the show.
Mocker

Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:47 AM       
So they're good live too. Which makes sense, since this music is so simple to play, you get to move about and pretend that you're all excited and into the music.

Anyhow, the new album is in my oppinion their best yet.

Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:19 AM        re:
actually, they were rather still. the only time i remember very much rapid movement was when one of them went nuts on the theremin. i was just into the fact that they just seemed amazingly focused on what they were doing, and playing really, really well. they were a pretty damned young band at the time too. i imagine they are even better now.
i haven't gotten a chance to listen to the new one yet. i've been totally stuck on all of the devillock, charlie draheim, and gate to gate shit that i just got! i'm not listening to anything else for a while.
Mocker

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM       
man when I get dsl I'm going to get you to trade me some of that shit

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 02:50 PM        re:
just lemme know when you have it! i'm stumblerunfall2 on soulseek. i'm pretty behind on ripping, but just lemme know what you want and i can do it!