Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 01:13 PM        I hate Hillary Clinton
Okay... Democrats took control of the house and senate during mid term elections.

The Iraq Study group, while pretty wishy washy if you ask me, said in their report many things that would have been called at best unpatriotic and at worst giving comfort to terrorists just a couple of months ago.

Yesterday, eleven American soldiers died in Iraq.

The President of the United States is still disobeying the FISA laws.

15 months after Katrina, much of New olreans is in ruins and FEMA has lost Millions to fraud

And of course there's Iran, and North Korea, and Lebanon, and 1 percent of the earths population owning more than 50% of the worlds wealth, and I could go on almost indeffinitely until I got to where Hillary's at today.

As I type this, she and my other personal favorite, Joe Lieberman, are holding a press conference on the dangers of violent video games.

Now, let me go on record as saying I think some video games are kind of over the top, violence wise. Let me go on record as saying I even think it's possible tht these games might actually encourage violence in certain types of people. Let me go on record as saying I don't think violence in video games is a complete non issue.

But Jesus jumping Christ. Fuck me up the as with a splintery tent peg. If this calculating, robotic, hack gets the Democratic nomination I will personally quit my job, sell all my possessions and work full time for any third party candidate there is, even if he's clinically reatrded and has a hook hand.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 01:21 PM       
the democrats are taking care of business.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM       
I don't think I have ever read anything in this part of the forum that makes this much sense!

Mr Burbank why aren't you in politics anyway? You have great common sense and strike me as the straight forward no bullshit type.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM       
I've asked the same question in the past...The Iraq inquiry could use a man like Max.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:00 PM       
I don't know guys never(or rarily) in the history of politics or the world has somebody that was needed been involved Usually it's just the richest and most popular.

plus if max got into politics he'd probably turn evil and try to ban i-mockery from the internet or something.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM       
thats the worst part of democracy is that public opinion invariably turns out to be a matter of personal popularity because about 40% of the continent is fucking retarded
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:15 PM       
I think it's called Tyranny of the (teemingly stupid) Masses and it's one of the reasons why democracy is/can be a failure.
BobDole is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:20 PM       
By stopping the flow of violent video games, we stop the flow of terrorism, which is it's obvious originating point. Obviously.

While I generally look on disdain with the importance politicians apparently put on the concept of violent videogames somehow being the eventually destroyer of civilization, this takes the cake. The fact that anyone can somehow put preeminence on this topic with all the other shit that's going on in the world is mindblowing in how idiotic and apathetic it appears.

Unfortunately, I fear that Hillary may be unstoppable in getting the Democratic nomination, unless Obama somehow becomes popular enough to stop her.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:28 PM       
Shes shaping up to be Jack Thomson but effective at what shes trying to do. I'm all for restricting the sale of violent games to minors but if your gonna blame anything for their impact, blame parents and retailers who aren't enforcing the ratings system. I'm not sure how your games shops work in the states but in Alberta when you go to buy an M rated game they ask for ID in allot of stores or make sure the parent with the kid is aware of the games content.
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:30 PM       
I had thought Obama was going to win but I don't know much about politics People have been making such a big deal over him for the past six years, "HES SO NEW AND DIFFERENT AND FRESH AND YOUNG THE NEW JFK" crap like that. Stuff people who have been wrecked by a bunch of old idealogies would probably want to cling to, but I don't think who people want to run even matters really.

I guess a woman president would be pretty fresh too.

2008 Presidential Elections sponsored by Subway, eat fresh.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
Shes shaping up to be Jack Thomson but effective at what shes trying to do. I'm all for restricting the sale of violent games to minors but if your gonna blame anything for their impact, blame parents and retailers who aren't enforcing the ratings system. I'm not sure how your games shops work in the states but in Alberta when you go to buy an M rated game they ask for ID in allot of stores or make sure the parent with the kid is aware of the games content.
Which is really why it's such a problem here, as most of the time the retailer won't give a damn about selling a M rated game to a minor or, if he tells the kid he needs to see ID, the kid will tell his parent who will complain to the retailer for not giving their kid a M rated game. Parents pay so little attention to what their kids are actually doing or playing now, that I have a hard time believing that parents don't deserve some of the blame for allowing their kids to become desensitized to violence, as well as the retailers who fail to actually inform parents as to why their kids have been restricted from buying the game they intended to buy before the parent's came in and demanded the game be given to the kid.

I agree with you that I'm all for the sale of mature games being restricted. I have a problem, however, when we get to the point in proclaiming videogames are the main cause of violent behavior in our youth. Not that that's what you're saying; I'm just putting that statement out there.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
I don't think I have ever read anything in this part of the forum that makes this much sense!

Mr Burbank why aren't you in politics anyway? You have great common sense and strike me as the straight forward no bullshit type.
You just answered your own question, Shecky.
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
I have a problem, however, when we get to the point in proclaiming videogames are the main cause of violent behavior in our youth.
This is kind of like the argument that people with red sports cars get more speeding tickets. Is it because they look faster? Is it because they are more noticable? Or is it just because people who like to drive fast and recklessly buy red cars?

Usually by the time a child is old enough to want violent videogames he would already have violent behaviorisms (I'm not proposing a link there, just saying they would already have violent behaviorisms). I think violent behaviorisms are supposed to start to appear around the ages 10-12. Therefore, not only can violent video games not be the CAUSE of violent behavior (except maybe in young children, but they are often violent because they don't know any better and saw it in a movie or videogame) but the violent behavior would've existed beforehand and the parents likely chose to ignore it-- and that type of behavior from parents is exactly the type of behavior that creates bad behavior in children.

As for deterring young children from thinking cartoons are real consider telling them that it's not real and it's fake, which should work to alleviate violence unless the child has violent behaviorisms-- which chances are weren't caused by the cartoon anyway. Basically young children are stupid and can be deceived into believing fiction easily. Surprise. After age 12 though that childish innocense should be completely lost and the only thing that could cause them to be violent is preexisting violent thoughts. The only thing I can imagine a videogame doing is showing routes through which to take out violence, but the violent urge would've still been there. So, if anything, videogames could exaserbate and shape violence but it should never be a CAUSE of violence.
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:10 PM       
Exactly. I have no problem with the idea tha violence in videogames can encourage and shape violence, but I do have a problem when we state that they're the cause of violent behavior. Which doesn't work, since humans are, in general, violent begins (physically and verbally), and thus it comes to merely being an attempt to shove part of our nature onto something we created and claim it to be the cause. We've become so apathetic to our own nature and the nurturing of our young, that we ignore actually raising them and, if something goes wrong, instead place blame on our own artificial creations.
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:14 PM       
Yea. Young children can be caused to do violent behaviors from videogames/cartoons but it's not like they are thinking, "I WANT TO KILL MOMMY BECAUSE I HATE HER GUTS AND SHE SMELLS LIKE FUCKING SHIT" it's more like, "Lol ill cut mommy in half and candy will come out then we'll have a party together and I'll have two mommy's".

also i think the behavior of removing the blame where it should be also creates more problems :O that happens so much that it's ridiculous. People need to take responsibility for their bullshit, and they shouldn't be rewarded for it.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM       
I could never be in politics. I have more skeletons in my closet than most. In addition, I hate and am almost incapable of any sort of glad handing and under very small amounts of temptation I tend to say really awful stuff.

I've been an actor. That's about as low as I think I can sink.

On the other hand, my Maternal Grandfather was a fairly major figure in the early days of the AFLCIO, back when meant risking getting truncheoned every time you stood up to 'the man'. While I imagine I'd hate being truncheoned, I do like the idea of rabble rousing and yelling myself red in the face about issues of social justice.

Unfortunately, nobody goes for that sort of stuff anymore.

Maybe I could bring it back.

Did I mention just how much I hate Hillary Clinton?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:32 PM       
Quote:
I've asked the same question in the past...The Iraq inquiry could use a man like Max.
Yeah, right...he'd probably get shot on his first day of inquiry.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM       

this picture of her turns me on for some reason.....
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM       
The worst part about despising Hillary, is that she evokes such a special brand of hatred it practically defies articulation, and can easily be written off as just irrational criticism. But no, she's as soulless as it gets. Pelosi is right behind her.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM       
You guys are aware that this conference is between those politicos and the ESRB, and it's about working together instead of trying to destroy the game industry, right?

I dunno, it seems trivial to you guys, but it's important to me at least that a candidate for the presidency doesn't have some sort of insane agenda against the industry I'm involved with ;< This was actually a good thing for me to hear today ;<
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM       
How is it good for the gaming industry if the FTC launches an investigation into the hidden sex content of Grand Theft Auto?

She wants to spend 90 million on a commission to discuss this kind of shit.

Is the world in such a harmonic state right now that we have the luxury to make morality issues in the media a priority, let alone toss big money into investigations? Isn't that something we expect out of a bunch of bible belt Christians instead? I mean, what could someone who "stands by her man" after the guy gets caught getting blowjobs from an intern at a public service job have to tell anybody about sex morality let alone corrupting the youth?

Fuck that.
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 08:27 PM       
lol

america is a circus recently. hopefully it gets better

I wonder if politics/media has always been like this though and I was just too young to recognize it.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I wonder if politics/media has always been like this though and I was just too young to recognize it.
Yep.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 09:25 PM       
Has it really always been this bad though like the way america equated morality not too long ago? even the way america defines america is kind of crappy. and the way they constantly dodge issues by putting up other issues but i guess that's the way of politics and leading towards goals.
I guess stupid people aren't really anything new but still, it surprises me because sometimes even i feel sick of the shit that's going on and I don't understand how somebody in some other time period didn't feel the same and do something about it

I guess the only question(s) I have to go from there is: is it worth it, does it work and why does everything look the same
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM       
Glad to see we're in agreement.

So barring her (and personally I don't like Obama either) Who else should we put in the front running? Without Lieberman It's hard to think of a frontrunner I'd vote for as a swing vote.