Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 09:52 AM        Kenneth Lay dies
http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Enron founder Ken Lay dies

64-year-old former energy executive was awaiting sentencing for fraud.

July 5 2006: 10:20 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Enron founder Kenneth Lay died early Wednesday in Aspen, Colo., a family spokeswoman said.

Lay, 64, was awaiting sentencing after being found guilty of conspiracy and fraud.

In a statement, spokeswoman Kelly Kimberly said, "The Lays have a very large family with whom they need to communicate, and out of respect for the family we will release further details at a later time."

The spokeswoman did not release any further details, but CNN affiliate KPRC in Houston said Lay, 64, was admitted to the Aspen Valley Hospital overnight with a massive coronary

In May, Lay was found guilty of 10 counts of fraud and conspiracy related to the collapse of Enron, the energy company he founded that eventually grew into the nation's seventh largest company before it imploded after an accounting scandal.

It was an astounding fall from grace for the Houston businessman who was once nicknamed "Kenny Boy" for President Bush. Lay had raised funds for Bush earlier in his political career.

In the Enron trial, Lay was accused of lying to investors and Wall Street about the health of Enron in late 2001 even as he enriched himself by selling millions of dollars in stock.

Lay was scheduled for sentencing on Oct. 23 along with Enron's former chief executive Jeffrey Skilling, who was found guilty of conspiracy, fraud, making false statements and insider trading.

Both men faced 25 to 40 years behind bars, legal experts said.

Presiding Judge Sim Lake originally scheduled sentencing for Sept. 11.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 09:57 AM       
Evil Corporate Bastards get away with everything.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 10:31 AM       
I feel sorry for anyone who dies that young (and yes, damnit, from my vantage point that's starting to look young) but I'm glad he was found guilty first.

Hey, Geggy! How much you wanna bet some Neo Con assasins took him out before he could spill how far up the Bush family ass he was?

And for all ,of you that think that's ludicrous, just remeber how Clinton had Vince Foster iced.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
Someone believes that Kenneth Lay is not dead, but has escaped somewhere to an island. I'm not saying that this guy is right, but this certainly is...interesting:

http://planetwavesweekly.com/dadatemp/2130268134.html

Wednesday, July 5, 2006
BREAKING: Ken Lay is Not Dead

Ken Lay is not dead. He is already in a foreign country. This is according to a reading of the horary chart associated with his death (4:51 pm CED, Brussels, July 5, 2006). In one of the most carefully planned escapes in shadow government history, Lay disappeared, probably within the past 24 hours.

The chart has Scorpio rising, apropos of the discussion. The Moon and Jupiter Rx have just risen and are in the 12th house, about to make a conjunction. This is nothing, if not mysterious -- no need to push it too hard.

The ruler of the ascendant is Mars, which is in Leo and the 9th house. The ascendant ruler represents the first party to the question -- Mr. Lay. He does not appear to be anywhere nearby, as the 9th house represents travel of long distances.

Magnificently, Mars is precisely opposite Neptune -- separating to an exactitude of three arc minutes. Neptune adds the factor of a huge fog, deception or unknowable possibility (echoed vividly by those 12th house Scorpio planets). This suggests a kind of crime of the century: that Neptune in Aquarius has proven many times that there is no story too outrageous for people to swallow.

Regarding Mars in the 9th, we could propose that the 'long distance' of this house was to Kenny Boy's little place in hog heaven, were it not for another fact: the ruler of the 7th cusp, which is Taurus and thus Venus -- representing a partner or, in general, 'someone else', is found in the 8th house, the house of death.

The syntax of this is not difficult to grasp: someone else is dead. First take is this is the body of the guy who is laying in for Kenny.

My second take on this Venus 8th was that his wife would soon be joining him, as Venus is about to square Uranus in Pisces.

Obviously, there was an escape house on an island somewhere; such is commonplace enough among the ultra-posh. And with all the resources of the Land of the Free to protect them, freedom is available.

News prediction: "they," that is, the MSM, will float a story that proves the validity of the corpse, a kind of, "It really is Ken" story, with DNA or fingerprints -- affirming the question.

That's the news. Now back to you.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM       
Well, at least his family is safe from the costs associated with the lawsuits that were on the way and that would have lasted the rest of his life.

That makes me feel better.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM       
Astrologists who think astrology applies to day to day events are retarded. Your chart doesn't end once you die, and there's no magical death star that swoops through.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 09:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Hey, Geggy! How much you wanna bet some Neo Con assasins took him out before he could spill how far up the Bush family ass he was?
Funny i was thinking that. That or he's still alive somewhere on an island off shore. Porobably faked his own death to avoid serving jailtime. He died 6 weeks after being convicted? Too convienent to me..yep yep
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM       
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 09:40 AM       
When's the funeral by the way?
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 01:58 PM       
Uhm... small private ceremony... yeah. The body was already cremated right away and scattered right after that. Yeah. He's dead all right.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 09:23 AM       
Papa Bush showed for the funeral. On the one hand I think it shows some sack to say "Yes, this guy was a huge, amoral, criminal scumbag, but he was my friend, and I'm not going to pretedn he wasn't.

On the other hand, it shows Papa W likes huge amoral criminal scumbags.

This must give Jack Abramoff a warm glow, though, knowing that when he dies Bush Junior will probably at least go to the wake. If he's not in office anymore.