Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:26 AM        Masters of Horror
Anyone watch this show? I don't have showtime so I just downloaded most of the episodes. Watched about 5 so far.

The one that I liked the most by a long shot was Deer Woman, which was directed and co written by John Landis:O. The one by Don Coscarelli (Phantasm) was kinda disappointing cause I expected more, but still good. Another kickass one was the john carpenter one, but that's probably not a big surprise.

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:17 AM       
The only one I really enjoyed was the one where the undead soldier zombies come back to vote against the president who sent them to war. Yes it was a blatant jab at Bush, which I automatically found amusing, but the episode itself had some pretty damned funny shit in it.

Overall though, I haven't been very impressed with the series. It's no "Tales From The Crypt" or "Freddy's Nightmares" that's for damned sure.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:11 AM       
Yeah, but tales from the crypt is legendary, and freddy's nightmares has freddy krueger, so it's already way above every other horror anthology show.

I agree that it's not as good as it SHOULD be though. I'm kinda just glad I get to see more stuff from some of my favorite horror directors.

Speaking of which, Dario Argento's episode was fucked up but didn't really seem like something he'd normally do (episode was called Jenifer, for anyone that cares).

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:15 AM       
Well, I am just happy that there is any kind of Horror Anthology Show on tv Nowadays. But they should make more Tales From the Krypt.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
I agree that it's not as good as it SHOULD be though.
Yeah that's just it, considering who's directing the episodes, I had higher expectations.

This also made me remember an old horror series called "Monsters". It aired in the late 80s / early 90s I think... anybody remember it? Great shows.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:01 PM       
You know what's really shitty? Showtime is releasing the first season on DVD. But they're doing it so each episode is it's own DVD, and each DVD will cost $15-$20.

However, Takashi Miike's episode wasn't aired, but will still be released on DVD. So I'll probably at least look into that one. I like the idea that Miike's episode was too much to show on TV.
The Wolf
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:08 PM       
I kinda like the idea of seperate dvds cause I can weed out the shitty episodes and get only the ones I like.

Definitely gonna get deer woman, cigarette burns, fair haired child and pick me up :O

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:45 PM       
Still, think about it. You should AT LEAST be able to get two episodes on a disc, if you're including extras and whatnot. To have to buy each episode on its own for that much money is ridiculous, even if you are only getting a couple episodes.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM       
I liked Dreams in the Witch House.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:59 PM       
The episode with the two dykes and that Bug monster was hilarious
The Wolf
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I liked Dreams in the Witch House.
Me too. Really creepy and pretty good acting and directing :O. Dagon has the same director and main character (actor) and is based on an H.P. Lovecraft story too...it's totally different but ya might like it if you haven't already seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Still, think about it. You should AT LEAST be able to get two episodes on a disc, if you're including extras and whatnot. To have to buy each episode on its own for that much money is ridiculous, even if you are only getting a couple episodes.
Yeah, but I was kinda hoping they'd release em as singles for a decent price with whatever extras they can get... they obviously won't though, because they figure we'll buy em at whatever price they charge. Also, I know that if they do the 2 episodes a disc thing they'll pair good episodes with shitty ones.