Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 07:53 PM       
Quote:
maybe I am a fucking masochist, but maybe I'm just someone who doesn't expect a magnum opus from every single game I play.
I wasn't expecting a magnum opus, I was expecting an enjoyable game, and it wasn't even enjoyable. It was about as much fun as sticking needles into your corneas and being fucked in the ear by Ron Jeremy who hasn't bathed in 6 weeks.

Quote:
so why don't you just play the ones you like instead of bitching about all of them?
...I do play the ones I like. And I'm not bitching, I'm just saying the the FF series is like a dying dog that just needs to be put to sleep.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 07:55 PM       
It's called an opinion asshole. Takes Squaresoft's collective cock out of your fucking ear and realize it's just as valid as yours.

Quote:
I've never played a Final Fantasy that I didn't like.
And I'm the fanboy.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:13 PM       
get the fuck over yourself, soundtest. I was only commenting on the unnecessary amount of BITCHING in this thread. nothing was directed at you, stupid cunt. yeah, I've never played a FF game that I didn't like, but that doesn't mean I've played EVERY one of them, so fuck off.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
When did you become so retarded? Did you fall out of a tree or something a couple months ago?
GOOD ONE JAMES. I am just sick of you writing 6 or 7 paragraphs about how every Playstation 2 game is better than the games on anyother system. Like, in this thread, you posted about 3 or 4 of them when someone says the game doesn't look as well or doesn't compare to a certain game.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:38 PM       
Quote:
get the fuck over yourself, soundtest. I was only commenting on the unnecessary amount of BITCHING in this thread. nothing was directed at you, stupid cunt. yeah, I've never played a FF game that I didn't like, but that doesn't mean I've played EVERY one of them, so fuck off.
If anyone needs to 'get over themselves', it's you King Faggotti. Just because this thread isn't 30 replies of: "FF is great! " "Yea FF is so badass!!" and somebody has an opinion that differs from yours doesn't mean they are bitching, and how they can be called a fanboy is beyond me. No need to cry though toughguy - I'm sure there will be at least another 10 sequels of ultimately the same, boring game for you and the herds to throw money at and wank over.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:38 PM       
im going to have to stand by chainsawsmash on this one, i never met an FF i didnt like, which includes 5,6,7,8,9,10, tactics. i wasnt a huge fan of 9, but it was still fun, and an interesting game to play. as for ff8, it was awesome the first time through. i enjoyed the story, all the CGS, which were awesome for the time, and it had the greatest mini game ever, the card game! on later play throughs the draw system gets a little old, but i mean the first time you do the assassination of edea? too cool. as for FFX, i dont see what the problem is. incredible graphics, awesome music, some cool characters, new fight system, new and extremely varied enemies, whats the problem here!? and ninjavenom is right, tactics kicked ass in too many ways to count

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
If anyone needs to 'get over themselves', it's you King Faggotti. Just because this thread isn't 30 replies of: "FF is great! " "Yea FF is so badass!!" and somebody has an opinion that differs from yours doesn't mean they are bitching, and how they can be called a fanboy is beyond me. No need to cry though toughguy - I'm sure there will be at least another 10 sequels of ultimately the same, boring game for you and the herds to throw money at and wank over.
Fuck you. I may be a fan of the series, but I won't buy a game that I wouldn't like. I didn't get X-2 or XI, and I'm not sure about XII. Not all Final Fantasy fans are hopeless fanboys.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:55 PM       
Coming from the guy who wanks it to Misty from pokemon. Just admit you're a god damn loser and a fan boy and shut the fuck up Nerd.

Quote:
incredible graphics, awesome music, some cool characters, new fight system, new and extremely varied enemies
I am baffled by "new fight system". Even the most hard assed stubborn FF 'fan' will admit that there has been no real change in the FF series whatsoever. The only changes I recognized are the summoning (which isn't even that big of a change) and the ability to change characters. Big fucking deal.

And what cool characters? The only person in FFX that wasn't a complete and utter pussy was Auron.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:01 PM       
You know, I might rip on Final Fantasy 8 a lot (I said it munches balls) but I'm only comparing it to the RPGs that I really like...honestly, I have a hard time finding *any* roleplaying game that isn't even worth playing through, Final Fantasy or otherwise. And yes, I've played an awful lot of them.

:fanboy

Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:07 PM       
Rongi, in every Final Fantasy they have tried something new. Every damn one of them. 6 had relics, 7 had materia, 8 had draw and junction, 9 had abilities, and 10 had the sphere grid.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:09 PM       
Yes, but it had the same kind of fucking turn based combat.

For example, all of them basically had this:

ATTACK
MAGIC
[INSERT SUMMON, SWORD TECH, ETC.]
OPTIONS

Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM       
Most turn based RPG's are like that. You might as well say that whole genre is the same damn thing. When there's a drastic change in gameplay I wouldn't call it a rehash.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:16 PM       
Let me get this straight, you people actually enjoy that 11 12 times? You enjoy playing the same fucking game with the same fucking commands except maybe a slightly different set of characters in a sort of different colored world?

Fuck, I loved ff7, ff5, ff4, ff1, but honestly, I would like a little fucking change in the combat. It's like playing the same god damn time.

Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:19 PM       
Well, yes. I do enjoy the stratigy involved with each one. And the new and different story keeps it interesting. Though I do agree with you; it would be nice to see something new. I hear FFXII is going to try real-time fighting...which sounds kinda iffy, but I'll have to see it myself.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:21 PM       
The FF series has become a metaphor for what is wrong with the videogame industry as a whole. It sucks the dick of the casual gamer but makes them feel like they're hardcore, wasting precious development time and resources that could be put toward new ideas. It's a vicious cycle but its grip is waning which each pathetic release.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:22 PM       
and how exactly would you change the fight system to make it so new and exciting? as for the characters, lulu was cool, braska, seymour, really i liked all the characters except for tidus and yuna.
and i have no problem with playing the "same" fight system each time because theres always something new to it, and the storyline is always different and interesting, honestly, if your playing an rpg looking for intense non-stop actions battles, look elsewhere. rpgs are about deep story and strategy in battle
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:24 PM       
How is FFX "deep"? It's about Meg Ryan playing soccer in what looks like a gigantic cube of blue jello and finding out his drunk angry dad is a big evil panda trying to take over the world. Sure, it's original, but 'deep'?

Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
The FF series has become a metaphor for what is wrong with the videogame industry as a whole. It sucks the dick of the casual gamer but makes them feel like they're hardcore, wasting precious development time and resources that could be put toward new ideas. It's a vicious cycle but its grip is waning which each pathetic release.
Okay...

But Square is trying new things. I mean, they made games like Seiken Densetsu, Chrono Trigger, and Kingdom Hearts that are very different from Final Fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
How is FFX "deep"? It's about Meg Ryan playing soccer in what looks like a gigantic cube of blue jello and finding out his drunk angry dad is a big evil panda trying to take over the world. Sure, it's original, but 'deep'?
Have to agree with you there. FFX's story line was mediocre at best. But that doesn't really make it a bad game.

EDIT: to respond to Rongi's post, which somehow got posted just before I made mine.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Umm...Can you tell me how many years has it been since Chrono Trigger came out? Chrono Cross dosn't count because it just plain sucked. Oh yeah, in FFXII, the main city looks like it's from KOTOR. STUPID . AND THEY EVEN SAID THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN GET A LITTLE INSPIRATION FROM STAR WARS.

Then again, I never liked Square-Enix aside from Chrono Trigger :/
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 10:24 PM       
CT was '95, yes? 8 years?

Old Dec 14th, 2003, 10:27 PM       
What's your point?
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 01:19 AM       
Quote:
ooh, king faggotti, that's HARDCORE right there. I don't care if everybody in this thread said they all hated FF, it's ridiculous seeing the same arguments almost verbatim repeated in these threads. Christ, if you don't like FF, don't play it. In a series as popular as this, I guarantee that EVERYONE has heard EVERY POSSIBLE REASON that someone doesn't like it.

as for you soundgaymoqueer (haha, I can do it too, cock) you should get back to work on acting like a chink. by now I would at LEAST expect you to sound like triad brother choi or summin.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 01:26 AM       
The reason that FF is repetitive is because it works, and people don't want to see it change. They DO want the same gameplay over and over, whether they'll admit it or not. Square let out other types of RPG's, like the Chrono series and stuff like that, but it'll never catch on like FF.

People don't care how many times they play the same story over and over, because they're going to love the new characters and goals, no matter what.

FF is like an overblown Tony Hawk. Tony Hawk has the same concept year after year, with slight changes and "improvements", but people will keep buying it for the new missions, objectives...it may be the same thing that they've played over and over and over, but they still love it.

I've NEVER liked any Final Fantasy besides Advance Tactics. Yes, Final Fantasy is pretty overrated, but since it was the "father of RPG's," people won't stray from it.

SO STOP.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 02:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
GOOD ONE JAMES. I am just sick of you writing 6 or 7 paragraphs about how every Playstation 2 game is better than the games on anyother system. Like, in this thread, you posted about 3 or 4 of them when someone says the game doesn't look as well or doesn't compare to a certain game.
Get over yourself. I laid out the information on Crystal Chronicle, and what I thought of it (in three very short paragraphs). I still would have said the same things if it was on the PS2, and I never said anything to prove otherwise in my comments. The fact that to play with friends, you each need a link cable and GBA is stupid, and is not related to the fact that it's Nintendo. If it was on the PS2, and you each needed a PSP, that would also be stupid. And more importantly, I am very aware that my opinions are based solely on information of the unreleased product. I have no first--hand experience or reviews of which to give anything but my first impressions, and also never said my thoughts on the game were something everyone must share.

This will be my 4th reply in this thread. My 3rd one was calling you a retard, my 2nd one was about Crystal Chronicle's gameplay, and a bit more on FFX-2, and my first reply was all information on FFX-2. Please show me these 3 or 4 times in the thread I went off about PS2 games being better than any other system's, or even when someone said a game "doesn't look as well or doesn't compare to a certain game."
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 02:12 AM       
This song is actually pretty good.