Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 08:23 PM        that does it
This has been the absolute most horrendous episode of The Simpsons I have ever seen in my life. Never watching this show again. :bitch
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 08:51 PM       
I didn't bother watching it all. The ads even said Matt Groening is in it, so I at least know he does SOMETHING for it. I'd at least think if he does the voice for an episode, it wouldn't be retarded, but I guess I was wrong.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 09:12 PM       
Yeah, I was totally gonna post this. At least I got a few cheap laughs out of it.

"Grandpa, how do you sleep at night?"
"They drug us"

And the Hulk Melon Baller was pretty funny.

As I pointed out in my letter, this show has moved from being a hillarious social commentary, to a half hour of cheap one liners.

I can't really put my thumb on why the old ones were so funny, it would be really hollow to say they were "well written." I think it was higher level social commentary that was made fun of through out of this world situations rather than that mind rotting shit that you would find on "E Tonight."

Like that one where the Germans took over the plant. It was a commentary on Foreign ownership of American companies (obviously some of the people here are pretty slow) and you would of had to of gone to university or at least be very well read to get alot of the jokes whereas the new episodes are all tabloid humor and michael jackson jokes.

This show sold out hard core. I don't blame them, Fox has deep pockets, and if I had a decent show, got a good run out of it, and was growing fat off of royalites while a bunch of hack writers were sinking my product, what would I care. I'd drive my viper to the bank to cash my checks, while a bunch of nerds on the internet went on about how much I suck now. Fuck integrity, he's an American after all.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 10:10 PM       
and so are the voice actors :/ Even the quality of the voices has gone down and they're still demanding MORE money from a painfully slowly dying show.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 11:27 AM       
Old Simpsons is probably my favorite show ever, but the new Simpsons suck too much to even warrant the "show" part of "worst show".

So I don't watch it anymore.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 12:12 PM       
remember the somewhat recent episode (the one where they have a racehorse (again)) and they directly attacked fans (ie nerds)

homer:does anyone care what this guy thinks?
crowd: no!

i hate how they know get quotes from a decade ago and put them on a chessy looking poster or mousemat, are they are trying to make us dislike the old episodes?

worst episode EVER!

phnompehn is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 05:51 PM       
The Simpsons tell the same tired jokes every season, for 14 or so seasons, while the Critic, Futurama, and Family Guy get cancelled. I think fox is just too afraid to let it go. I mean, it's been there since '89.

Of course, maybe it was never all that funny. I can't think of any old Simpsons jokes that still make me laugh. How many adult cartoons were on back in the early 90s? It was the only one on to my knowledge. Nowadays, we have our fancy-shmancy Adult Swims, and our new-fangled South Park. Variety and contrast is what makes the Simpsons look like crap now.